Bicep tendinitis help ideas ?

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. Bicep tendinitis help ideas ?

Ok so original thought might have a tear at rotor cuff but after MRI nothing so I have bicep tendinitis. This is seriously killing my training I can only go to about 80% weight and range of motion is killing me and so is constant nagging pain. So I've to a few guys and they tell me either lay off and this will take 6 months or so to heal or workout and it will heal within a year or longer. So I decided to workout and let heal longer as you know I'm very ocd so it impossible for me to look at the wall for 6 months riding s bicycle or treadmill
    So I was wondering who has the same problem and what have they don't to treat it while training exercises or advice to help heal while training ? Even any drug ideas HgH ect. Thanks

2. I have/had tendinitis in my bicep tendon. Rest will do great for you, but I know what you're talking about with not doing anything. The one thing that worked the best for me was therapeutic massage. It hurt like hell, but she went in there and worked some stuff around for about 30 minutes. I rested my shoulder for 2 days after and it made a huge improvement from the massage. Another good thing would be some light band tension rehab exercises. You should be able to find plenty online and youtube.
    iForce Nutrition Representative
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by compan View Post
    I have/had tendinitis in my bicep tendon. Rest will do great for you, but I know what you're talking about with not doing anything. The one thing that worked the best for me was therapeutic massage. It hurt like hell, but she went in there and worked some stuff around for about 30 minutes. I rested my shoulder for 2 days after and it made a huge improvement from the massage. Another good thing would be some light band tension rehab exercises. You should be able to find plenty online and youtube.

Compan hit this on the head- this is one of these injuries that no magic pill will heal. Time and rest-

4. So I was going to try either TB500 or HgH I can get both is it worth bothering with the TB500? Funny it's gonna cost me over $600 for a course of TB so why not just get the GH right ?

5. I'm actually going through this right now with the tendinitis. It hit me real bad a couple years ago to. But only when I would go heavy BB curls. Now it came back from going heavy DB curls. Last time I just worked through it everyday and it randomly left after a month or 3 weeks
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by getbig1974 View Post
    Ok so original thought might have a tear at rotor cuff but after MRI nothing so I have bicep tendinitis. This is seriously killing my training I can only go to about 80% weight and range of motion is killing me and so is constant nagging pain. So I've to a few guys and they tell me either lay off and this will take 6 months or so to heal or workout and it will heal within a year or longer. So I decided to workout and let heal longer as you know I'm very ocd so it impossible for me to look at the wall for 6 months riding s bicycle or treadmill
    So I was wondering who has the same problem and what have they don't to treat it while training exercises or advice to help heal while training ? Even any drug ideas HgH ect. Thanks
    First things first..
    Are you sure it's bicep tendonitis? An MRI will not diagnose an impingement.
    Shoulder impingement can be often confused with bicep tendonitis due to the radial nerve being affected by the impingement.

Pinch that nerve thay goes from your traps through your shoulder and down your arm and it can cause bicep tendonitis like pain. Causing tingles and sharp pain. Imagine the feeling of pulling the skin off of a rabbit. Basically feeling that stringy sensation.
    If it's an impingement. ..it can completely go away.

If you're sure that it's bicep tendonitis first do some rehab

Then I suggest doing what "feels" good. Baby the heck out of it and stay away from movements that aggravate it and drop curls/bicep isolation completely

Instead. ..opt for chin ups, pull ups, rows, and other compound movements to build your biceps. Rely on the biceps being a secondary mover /synergist. I've trained with guys who have had bicep tendonitis and this works best without aggravation.

If you're rowing 315 for reps with proper form, it's pretty much impossible to have small arms.

7. I'm going to resurrect this thread because i have bicep tendinitis. I'll share what my doctor said, what I found on my own, and what works/aggregates it as I heal.
    “Care for the flock that God has entrusted to you. Watch over it willingly, not grudgingly—not for what you will get out of it, but because you are eager to serve God. ... lead them by your own good example.” 1 Peter‬ 5:2-3‬

8. Quote Originally Posted by RegisterJr View Post
    I'm going to resurrect this thread because i have bicep tendinitis. I'll share what my doctor said, what I found on my own, and what works/aggregates it as I heal.
    please do because as i have posted on my epi log, i am having some issues and this is something i havent had before
    Vein Nutrition Rep InstaGram Smith_69_16
    https://www.veinnutrition.com/
    Use code Smith10 for 10% off your order

9. I found this online and it's similar to what my doc told me.

Rehabilitation Program

Physical Therapy

The initial goals of the acute phase of treatment for bicipital tendinitis are to reduce inflammation and swelling. Patients should restrict over-the-shoulder movements, reaching, and lifting.

Patients should apply ice to the affected area for 10-15 minutes, 2-3 times per day for the first 48 hours. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), such as ibuprofen, are used for 3-4 weeks to treat inflammation and pain. The degree of immobilization depends upon the degree of the injury and the patient's discomfort. Most authors agree that prolonged immobilization tends to result in a stiff shoulder.

Physical therapy plays a minor role in the treatment of acute bicipital tendinitis; however, some authors recommend daily weighted, pendulum stretch exercises for uncomplicated and mild cases of acute bicipital tendinitis. Use of transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS) has been reported with some success.

Phonophoresis and iontophoresis are examples of methods that are used to deliver steroids into inflamed tissue without an injection. Phonophoresis uses ultrasound, whereas iontophoresis uses electrical repulsion to transport medicines through the skin. In order to deliver an effective steroid concentration, the target area should be superficial, and serial application is necessary.

---------

My doc said rest, 800mg ibuprofen BID for 3 weeks no matter what, and ice the shoulder 15 min BID.

The above paragraphs made me look into rehab options, so naturally i went to youtube:....
    “Care for the flock that God has entrusted to you. Watch over it willingly, not grudgingly—not for what you will get out of it, but because you are eager to serve God. ... lead them by your own good example.” 1 Peter‬ 5:2-3‬

10. I found these today. I am going to try the last one first tomorrow and probably do them all. I'll update how it goes. After the last vid I'll do Super (Donnie Thompson) D mobility.

https://youtu.be/upl-KOV5cuA

https://youtu.be/M9-yNm0NpVc

https://youtu.be/cAL1IxAp3kU

https://youtu.be/84BsvznSn5E

11. Quote Originally Posted by RegisterJr View Post
    I found this online and it's similar to what my doc told me.

Rehabilitation Program

Physical Therapy

The initial goals of the acute phase of treatment for bicipital tendinitis are to reduce inflammation and swelling. Patients should restrict over-the-shoulder movements, reaching, and lifting.

Patients should apply ice to the affected area for 10-15 minutes, 2-3 times per day for the first 48 hours. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), such as ibuprofen, are used for 3-4 weeks to treat inflammation and pain. The degree of immobilization depends upon the degree of the injury and the patient's discomfort. Most authors agree that prolonged immobilization tends to result in a stiff shoulder.

Physical therapy plays a minor role in the treatment of acute bicipital tendinitis; however, some authors recommend daily weighted, pendulum stretch exercises for uncomplicated and mild cases of acute bicipital tendinitis. Use of transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS) has been reported with some success.

Phonophoresis and iontophoresis are examples of methods that are used to deliver steroids into inflamed tissue without an injection. Phonophoresis uses ultrasound, whereas iontophoresis uses electrical repulsion to transport medicines through the skin. In order to deliver an effective steroid concentration, the target area should be superficial, and serial application is necessary.

---------

My doc said rest, 800mg ibuprofen BID for 3 weeks no matter what, and ice the shoulder 15 min BID.

The above paragraphs made me look into rehab options, so naturally i went to youtube:....
    instead of the 800 of Ib, he didnt mention Naproxen?
  12. Bicep tendinitis help ideas ?

Quote Originally Posted by smith_69 View Post
    His exact word was Motrin.

Edit: Above also mentions ibuprofen.

13. Quote Originally Posted by smith_69 View Post
    Have you noticed any help with Naproxen?

14. Also, my doc said no curls at all. At least two of those physical therapy videos recommends banded Curls and lots of stretches.

15. @smith_69 ^^^

16. Quote Originally Posted by RegisterJr View Post
    Have you noticed any help with Naproxen?
    yes it helped with back issues, but big difference is the release of the product
    IB is faster and Nap is slower, but worked better for me with the pain

was popping ib all day

17. Id see if your doc will prescribe you any Voltaren topical gel, Reg. Id personally rather use that over popping ibuprofen like pez.
    Training log:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/267913-jswains-training-log.html

18. Quote Originally Posted by smith_69 View Post
    yes it helped with back issues, but big difference is the release of the product
    IB is faster and Nap is slower, but worked better for me with the pain

was popping ib all day
    I don't pop them all day, just once in the AM and once in the PM. The pain isn't that bad to me BUT i'm not doing much with the arm.

Quote Originally Posted by jswain34 View Post
    Id see if your doc will prescribe you any Voltaren topical gel, Reg. Id personally rather use that over popping ibuprofen like pez.
    Is that also for inflammation or pain?he said the point was to bring the inflammation down,

19. I did a better job of not sleeping on my left shoulder last night. I prop a pillow under my shoulder so that it isn't easy to roll onto it.

I'm doing PVC rotations now. I'll ice on my ride into work, at lunch, and the ride home (if i can get help wrapping it).

20. Quote Originally Posted by RegisterJr View Post
    I don't pop them all day, just once in the AM and once in the PM. The pain isn't that bad to me BUT i'm not doing much with the arm.

Is that also for inflammation or pain?he said the point was to bring the inflammation down,
    Its a topical anti-inflammatory gel. I think its diclofenac iirc.
    Training log:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/267913-jswains-training-log.html

21. Very informative on why you have bicep tendinitis. I'll check his follow up videos he discussed in the video. This is a must watch.

https://youtu.be/dHPEzjF6Qnw

22. Dr. said depends on the degree of the injury which an MRI can detect. From 4 weeks to 8 weeks off heavy or up to surgery and 1year off heavy weights.

23. Quote Originally Posted by UCSMiami View Post
    Dr. said depends on the degree of the injury which an MRI can detect. From 4 weeks to 8 weeks off heavy or up to surgery and 1year off heavy weights.
    No cortisone option? Everything I've read has suggested that surgery is no bueno. I think I'd deal with the pain before surgery UNLESS there is a legitimate tear.

24. Colleague at the gym had surgery. Out for year. He recovered completey. He is about age 35.

Depends on the severity is what I understood. My Dr. does not like cortisone. Dr, orthopedic surgeon, did also indicate even if a non-surgery injury healed one might experience flashes of pain for up to a year later.

25. Quote Originally Posted by UCSMiami View Post
    Colleague at the gym had surgery. Out for year. He recovered completey. He is about age 35.

Depends on the severity is what I understood. My Dr. does not like cortisone. Dr, orthopedic surgeon, did also indicate even if a non-surgery injury healed one might experience flashes of pain for up to a year later.
    I wouldn't say that my pain is at an unbearable level. Uncomfortable and annoying for sure. A year off at 35 for me would be damaging. I think I'd find it hard to RE-motivate.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. prohormone help/ ideas
    By randym2668 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-02-2009, 08:17 PM
  2. Bicep tendinitis
    By Distilled Water in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-18-2009, 01:31 PM
  3. Post PCT Recomp Help/Ideas
    By relentless90 in forum Weight Loss