Bicep tendinitis help ideas ?

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

1. Have 5mm bicep tendon tear myself. That is a 10% tear and considered moderate. 2-3 months out of heavy. At 50% of current weight now to be safe. Just counting down the days and focusing on other areas.

No NSAIDs for me. Do rehab exercises. Does not effect pushing movements, only pulling.

Everyone and nearly every injury is different in my opinion.

2. Not much relief for me. I haven't rehabbed much but ive also rested quite a bit. I may ask for a cortisone shot this week.
    “Care for the flock that God has entrusted to you. Watch over it willingly, not grudgingly—not for what you will get out of it, but because you are eager to serve God. ... lead them by your own good example.” 1 Peter‬ 5:2-3‬
    •   

3. Biofreeze helped me

4. Quote Originally Posted by toddmuelheim View Post
    Biofreeze helped me
    When did you apply it? Did you stop any lifts or add any rehab?
    “Care for the flock that God has entrusted to you. Watch over it willingly, not grudgingly—not for what you will get out of it, but because you are eager to serve God. ... lead them by your own good example.” 1 Peter‬ 5:2-3‬

5. Quote Originally Posted by RegisterJr View Post
    Very informative on why you have bicep tendinitis. I'll check his follow up videos he discussed in the video. This is a must watch.

https://youtu.be/dHPEzjF6Qnw
    this helps and explains a lot. for me, makes complete sense on my issues
    Vein Nutrition Rep InstaGram Smith_69_16
    https://www.veinnutrition.com/
    Use code Smith10 for 10% off your order
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by RegisterJr View Post
    When did you apply it? Did you stop any lifts or add any rehab?
    About 20 or so mins before workout. I had to stop direct arm training for weeks, on multiple occasions, because even 5lbs in a curl motion or press down would be painful. I haven't had issues in months since starting it. This stuff has been a game changer for me.

7. Quote Originally Posted by toddmuelheim View Post
    About 20 or so mins before workout. I had to stop direct arm training for weeks, on multiple occasions, because even 5lbs in a curl motion or press down would be painful. I haven't had issues in months since starting it. This stuff has been a game changer for me.
    That's odd that just the biofreeze would cure it. It's worth a shot though.

8. Quote Originally Posted by RegisterJr View Post
    That's odd that just the biofreeze would cure it. It's worth a shot though.
    Just to clarify, it didn't cure anything, but it masks it during my workout so I can actually get through it. I've been fortunate so far that the tendinitis hasn't bothered me after it wears off. It's like 10-15 bucks on Amazon so def worth a shot.

9. Quote Originally Posted by toddmuelheim View Post
    Just to clarify, it didn't cure anything, but it masks it during my workout so I can actually get through it. I've been fortunate so far that the tendinitis hasn't bothered me after it wears off. It's like 10-15 bucks on Amazon so def worth a shot.
    It's helped me other issues so I'll order some more and check it out. Thanks.

10. Ok, so Biofreeze > Max Freeze and Naproxen > Ibuprofen, for me. I'm at a point where the mobility is helping.

Also helping is laying down and have someone dig into my tendon with their body weight.

11. Quote Originally Posted by RegisterJr View Post
    Ok, so Biofreeze > Max Freeze and Naproxen > Ibuprofen, for me. I'm at a point where the mobility is helping.

Also helping is laying down and have someone dig into my tendon with their body weight.
    The bio freeze is helping? Really glad to hear...I'm terrified of the day where it stops working for me but the guy at the gym who told me about it has been using it for years and hasn't had any issues and he's an older guy too.

12. Quote Originally Posted by toddmuelheim View Post
    The bio freeze is helping? Really glad to hear...I'm terrified of the day where it stops working for me but the guy at the gym who told me about it has been using it for years and hasn't had any issues and he's an older guy too.
    It is helping. I bought the roll on because that's what I used for other stuff years ago but my wife forced me to also get the pump cream. The cream is so much more effective.

13. More aleve this morning and more rehab this afternoon. I'm sensing a huge improvement. The trigger test of putting my forearms parallel with the floor with the arm at a 90° while pulling towards my shoulder against resistance from the other arm feels waaaaay better than it did originally, and even better than a week ago.

Another massage scheduled for Thursday. The upside of the massage is that even though there are effective things I can do to break up the scar tissue (my fingers, lacrosse ball) the masseuse will dig in there without knowing my pain limits. So she's spending more time on it at greater force than I would naturally do myself.

14. Quote Originally Posted by RegisterJr View Post
    It is helping. I bought the roll on because that's what I used for other stuff years ago but my wife forced me to also get the pump cream. The cream is so much more effective.
    Wow really? I have the roll on and that's all I've tried...guess I'm buying the pump next

15. Quote Originally Posted by toddmuelheim View Post
    Wow really? I have the roll on and that's all I've tried...guess I'm buying the pump next
    I was working for a pain management clinic when Biofreeze first came out. I had that roll on bottle for almost 20 years and I'd swear it was stronger than the roll on I have now. I wish I still had it to compare but I just used it up last year.

Oh yeah, lotion is stronger. Maybe that's because it applies thicker or the ingredients don't separate as much?

16. I had a massage last Thursday and she spent a little time on my bicep tendon. I can't remember if I shared this because I wanted to make sure it made a difference. It did, for a few days at least. Well today I had another and when I showed up she was really excited, telling me she spent the week looking up how to treat the issue. I lucked out with her.

17. Im still maintaining the mobility work. It definitely helps preworkout, and even loosening me up.

I'm able to lower the squat bar some as i widen my grip and don't feel any pain. Currently the bar sits a couple inches down my traps. Still pretty dang highly for me.

All that said, it hurst today more than it has in several days. I laid on it quite a bit the last two nights. That may be a huge triggger for me. I need to maneuver the pillow better to keep me from rolling on my side.

18. Returned to 80% of pre-injury weight on the pulling exercises. Lat pulldown and curls most affected.

19. Quote Originally Posted by UCSMiami View Post
    Returned to 80% of pre-injury weight on the pulling exercises. Lat pulldown and curls most affected.
    I haven't noticed any pulldowns pain since starting the Stretches. That sucks.

I meant to post an update here this morning.

20. Bicep Tendonitis almost 100% gone due to the Stretches and stuff I posted.

Unfortunately, my supraspinatus tendon, the one tied to rotator cuff injury, is now hurt. I assume the extra stretch and focus on the bicep tendon without doing RC mobility may have caused this.

I'll start a new thread for that and start identifying how to eliminate that one, too.

21. Quote Originally Posted by RegisterJr View Post
    Bicep Tendonitis almost 100% gone due to the Stretches and stuff I posted.

Unfortunately, my supraspinatus tendon, the one tied to rotator cuff injury, is now hurt. I assume the extra stretch and focus on the bicep tendon without doing RC mobility may have caused this.

I'll start a new thread for that and start identifying how to eliminate that one, too.
    mine is a tear near the elbow. inside the elbow about where blood is usually drawn when donating blood

22. Quote Originally Posted by UCSMiami View Post
    mine is a tear near the elbow. inside the elbow about where blood is usually drawn when donating blood
    Ah. I had pain there, not a tear, and it lingered for almost a year.

23. Bcp 157 does wonders I heard

24. Quote Originally Posted by DUbz86 View Post
    Bcp 157 does wonders I heard
    I have too. My worry there is to mask an issue and cause permanent injury

25. Quote Originally Posted by RegisterJr View Post
    I have too. My worry there is to mask an issue and cause permanent injury
    From my research it has more healing properties and can be pinned or taking orally.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. prohormone help/ ideas
    By randym2668 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-02-2009, 08:17 PM
  2. Bicep tendinitis
    By Distilled Water in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-18-2009, 01:31 PM
  3. Post PCT Recomp Help/Ideas
    By relentless90 in forum Weight Loss