Brachioradialis

sk1017

Awards
Hey guys, I can't stop getting injured .. It's either my wrists or my my new injury, the Brachioradialis.. What can I do to help get back to lifting .. I don't want to stop lifting because of these injuries... Any suggestions ???

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
I broke my wrist lifting an 800lb log with 2 buddies (scaphoid break).

I've found that with some of the machines I can keep my wrist in a locked position OR not even move it at all.

This has allowed me to find at least 1 exercise I can manage per muscle group.

Coupled with lower weight + higher rep volume I'm doing pretty good considering.

Oh, and I can double up on leg days in-between to give the wrist an extra day or two off.

That's what I would do. Just don't push it. If it is uncomfortable that's one thing, but if it hurts bad don't fight thru it and cause more damage.

Once healed I suggest working on strengthening your wrists. Take a couple days a week to work them in isolation. It's boring, but It'll pay off in the long run.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hey guys, I can't stop getting injured .. It's either my wrists or my my new injury, the Brachioradialis.. What can I do to help get back to lifting .. I don't want to stop lifting because of these injuries... Any suggestions ???
So what did you strain it?

sk1017

Awards
The orthopedist said that its a strain... Give it time..

sk1017

Awards
How long do guys think a strain for a Brachioradialis would take to heal?

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Give it time. It's only been a couple weeks.

jt75

jt75

Awards
  • Established
Mine has been hurt for 3 months on both arms,I used to curl 20kg dumbbells but noe even 6 or 8kg kills me,it's sore as he'll and frustrating. I've tried painkillers, straps, creams and nothing works, excruciating pain inside the creases of both arms and running down and across the other side, I feel for u bud

sk1017

Awards
Whoa that sounds bad bro... Mine is easing up but I'm not sure if I can go back to lifting just yet ..

sk1017

Awards
I don't want to re-injure it... Did you see a doctor jt75?

jt75

jt75

Awards
  • Established
I don't want to re-injure it... Did you see a doctor jt75?
No but I spoke with a physio who was in the building I work in and he says it's a long road to recovery bcos it could be tendon damage,muscle stress,nerve trouble or all 3. But he did say to never ever train through the pain or it'll lead to a lifetime of trouble with it. So I'm doing as little as possible with exercises connected with it and as soon as it hurts I stop. Just one of those things ?

sk1017

Awards
Still letting mine heal... Feel it every now and then

sk1017

Awards
Does anyone have advice on this, or ever had a similar problem? Just curious on how long yours took the completely heal up

jt75

jt75

Awards
  • Established
I've been on anabeta elite and erase pro+ and I swear one of those supps has helped my brachioradialis immensely. I'm currently able to curl 16kg,big change from 6kg in december but still a way to go to do 20kg. It's still sore but on the mend. I just didn't do any exercises that would hurt me and I guess that has helped also

jt75

jt75

Awards
  • Established
3 or 4 months and it was bad,not sure if I'll ever fully recover

sk1017

Awards
Not sure if you'll ever heal??? Whoa.. That's seems pretty intense man

jt75

jt75

Awards
  • Established
Yeah but lately there's been a huge improvement,I'm incorporating bi's into my workouts twice a week to strengthen the brachio, just gonna take time

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
No but I spoke with a physio who was in the building I work in and he says it's a long road to recovery bcos it could be tendon damage,muscle stress,nerve trouble or all 3. But he did say to never ever train through the pain or it'll lead to a lifetime of trouble with it. So I'm doing as little as possible with exercises connected with it and as soon as it hurts I stop. Just one of those things ��
dont you just love when people say it could be, could be, could be or all of them. :aargh4:

here is an idea-
Range-of-Motion Exercises- Bend and straighten your elbow and wrist, and include wrist rotations
Isometric Exercises-involve contracting the brachioradialis statically for a specific period of time.

sk1017

Awards
Do you have a video on that so I know I'm doing it right .. Thank you

jt75

jt75

Awards
  • Established
Quick update, after an 8 week run of new ABE and new erase Pro+ my brachioradialis has completely healed on both arms after giving me terrible trouble for a long time. I've been questioning how since erase causes drying effects and I'm almost certain that the addition of the ingredient ashwagandha (ksm-66) was the clincher. Further research on this suggests the anti inflammatory properties healed the joints,tendons and tissue.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Quick update, after an 8 week run of new ABE and new erase Pro+ my brachioradialis has completely healed on both arms after giving me terrible trouble for a long time. I've been questioning how since erase causes drying effects and I'm almost certain that the addition of the ingredient ashwagandha (ksm-66) was the clincher. Further research on this suggests the anti inflammatory properties healed the joints,tendons and tissue.
good to hear bro- just don't tax the sh1t out of them now

sk1017

Awards
Still waiting for mine to heal.. Driving me crazy!!!!!

jt75

jt75

Awards
  • Established
Try a month of ksm66 ashwagandha for its anti inflammatory properties and it also lowers bp and is great for anxiety not to mention the awesome sleep quality. It's in erase pro+ and swansons doing a great deal on theirs also. Mine is totally healed now and I'm convinced it was the ksm66 that sorted it out

sk1017

Awards
Getting my mri results on Tuesday... Hopefully it's not bad

sk1017

Awards
Doctor said no rip or tear... Just a strain.. He said I can hit the gym but light ...