Has anyone received stem cell injections, particularly in the shoulders and spine?

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So, if you've seen my other posts, you know I have arthritis in my spine. I'm getting surgery for my flat feet, which of course has contributed to the arthritis. My arthritis is "early stage", so I'm not sure if I'll even be a candidate; however I am sure I have arthritis in my shoulders as well. That is due from honestly being stupid on the barbell bench and trying to push through pec and shoulder tightness. I'd like to get some feedback on this. Of course the procedures are expensive and I'd have to basically work for a bit while living at home, or try to somehow make 10-15 grand while still being in college. I much rather wait longer and get stem cell injections though, than get invasive surgery sooner and risk not being able to lift at all ever again.

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So, if you've seen my other posts, you know I have arthritis in my spine. I'm getting surgery for my flat feet, which of course has contributed to the arthritis. My arthritis is "early stage", so I'm not sure if I'll even be a candidate; however I am sure I have arthritis in my shoulders as well. That is due from honestly being stupid on the barbell bench and trying to push through pec and shoulder tightness. I'd like to get some feedback on this. Of course the procedures are expensive and I'd have to basically work for a bit while living at home, or try to somehow make 10-15 grand while still being in college. I much rather wait longer and get stem cell injections though, than get invasive surgery sooner and risk not being able to lift at all ever again.
This sounds maybe similar to what I've been dealing with the past 3 years. All my hinge joints ache. Started in loss of shoulder stability and a little jolts of pain while pressing. Now elbows and wrists. Saw the ortho who said structurally everything is perfect and strong. Been to rehab, but no help. Been to half a dozen different chiropractors and no improvement. Finally found one that specializes in sport and spine. He seems to know exactly how to treat this. Two visits so far and things are improving. Everything seems to stem from weakness/tightness in the lower scapular area which is causing referred pain in the rotator and other areas as it gets worse.
I guess my point is not to overlook 2nd,3rd, and even 4th opinions. Surgery or advanced treatments are not always the best option when the root of the issue could be simple. However, it make take time searching for the right medical professional that will really dig in and try to tackle the problem. Many docs will just say lay off lifting, or don't press. Or get a cortisone shot. Until this guy I had no idea how little I was using certain muscles on lifts where they should be used properly just because I was moving heavy weight. Form and proper movement is key to everything. After that is diet which can lead to joint issues if you are chronically dehydrated (very common actually) or have dietary deficiencies in key vitamins and minerals.