Ebooks for rehabbing injuries

luckylefty811

luckylefty811

Awards
  • Established
Someone suggested the supple leopard ? By Kelly starret (sp) has anyone read it ? Is it worth it to take a look ? I usually just YouTube stuff

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
YouTube channel is prolly sufficient. I have the book and think it is over hyped imo

kjetil1234

kjetil1234

Awards
Common hip and shoulder dysfunction by Evan Osar - changed my pracitice

luckylefty811

luckylefty811

Awards
  • Established
Common hip and shoulder dysfunction by Evan Osar - changed my pracitice
Got it from the library today !! Going to check it out now

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I own Supple Leopard, it's pretty good, but there's a new edition out now that I want to get. I watch Youtube a lot, but I really like having a hardcopy too.

Supple Leopard isn't really a book specifically about rehabbing so much as it's a book on mobility though.

luckylefty811

luckylefty811

Awards
  • Established
I own Supple Leopard, it's pretty good, but there's a new edition out now that I want to get. I watch Youtube a lot, but I really like having a hardcopy too.

Supple Leopard isn't really a book specifically about rehabbing so much as it's a book on mobility though.
Yea I have a shoulder injury now but as I'm getting older I want to still keep the mobility that I have and try to stay injury free in the gym. So it's worth it for mobility exercises that's good to know. Thanks

kjetil1234

kjetil1234

Awards
Got it from the library today !! Going to check it out now
It's an absolutely fantastic book. Easy to read and game changing information. Can't BELIEVE why it's not more popular. I guess people love chasing pain rather than finding the true cause. Dr Evan Osar is a true genius

luckylefty811

luckylefty811

Awards
  • Established
It's an absolutely fantastic book. Easy to read and game changing information. Can't BELIEVE why it's not more popular. I guess people love chasing pain rather than finding the true cause. Dr Evan Osar is a true genius
I'm finishing up my finals this week and the during break I'm going to read it. Thanks again for the recommendation

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
honestly, mobility work is over rated IMO. It is seeing a recent uptick in popularity due to people like kstar, buts actually usefulness is highly over rated. Especially when I walk into a gym and see some guy foam rolling.. go do my workout.. and am walking out and he is still doing mobility warmup stuff.

I see some of these videos on youtube and facebook and the such and some of them are like ridiculously long and excessive.

If you can't get into full ROM in a movement, then yes by all means do *SOME* mobility work to try and improve that ROM and then get to lifting. Once you gain that ROM, there is no need to continue to spend so much time doing mobility stuff. From here it is about maintenance and typically the weighted full ROM is enough to maintain that mobility. No need to spend 45mins-1hr trying to open your hips when you can already do a full deep squat. Its a waste of time

luckylefty811

luckylefty811

Awards
  • Established
honestly, mobility work is over rated IMO. It is seeing a recent uptick in popularity due to people like kstar, buts actually usefulness is highly over rated. Especially when I walk into a gym and see some guy foam rolling.. go do my workout.. and am walking out and he is still doing mobility warmup stuff.

I see some of these videos on youtube and facebook and the such and some of them are like ridiculously long and excessive.

If you can't get into full ROM in a movement, then yes by all means do *SOME* mobility work to try and improve that ROM and then get to lifting. Once you gain that ROM, there is no need to continue to spend so much time doing mobility stuff. From here it is about maintenance and typically the weighted full ROM is enough to maintain that mobility. No need to spend 45mins-1hr trying to open your hips when you can already do a full deep squat. Its a waste of time
Nah I'm more like , I can't fully go 90 degrees because my my messed up knee and ankle so I need other things to keep it loose. Heat and stim help with inflammation but I want to know how to maintain my mobility so I can keep squatting and when my shoulder is better how to get better range of motion so I don't mess up my shoulder again. I know part of it is form but I usually do like 10 mins and hit the weights and my rom is not what it was before it might be the heavier weight. I never spend more than 15 minutes stretching but I want to know what the hell I should be doing and what purpose it has for my mobility.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mobility work allows me to bench press and squat pain free. It also has sloooowly allowed me to front squat with a standard front squat grip.

Some people need it. Some people don't.

On bench day my warmup and mobility is 15-20 minutes. Screw anyone who says its excessive. It's why I have no pain.

luckylefty811

luckylefty811

Awards
  • Established
Mobility work allows me to bench press and squat pain free. It also has sloooowly allowed me to front squat with a standard front squat grip.

Some people need it. Some people don't.

On bench day my warmup and mobility is 15-20 minutes. Screw anyone who says its excessive. It's why I have no pain.
I got another question , I ordered the supernova ...I was going no to get that mobility wod stick ? Which one is good there's 30,16 ,16 . Everyone told me the 16 slick ....I will need it for Reffing my IT bands get so tight from Reffing and running all week long. The 30 looks good but the 16 will fit in all of my bags. Bands are next for me but I have to wait a bit until after the holidays once the account cools off.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I got another question , I ordered the supernova ...I was going no to get that mobility wod stick ? Which one is good there's 30,16 ,16 . Everyone told me the 16 slick ....I will need it for Reffing my IT bands get so tight from Reffing and running all week long. The 30 looks good but the 16 will fit in all of my bags. Bands are next for me but I have to wait a bit until after the holidays once the account cools off.
I have no experience with those.

luckylefty811

luckylefty811

Awards
  • Established
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1450706394.282458.jpg
picked these up at the library finally thanks guys for the info