Keen pain

DoubleM101

DoubleM101

Awards
  • Established
Knee pain

Hi,

Two weeks ago, i noticed a mild pain in my left knee. I´m not sure if it was caused by that but the only thing i worked out differently that week were deep squats instead of 90º squats like i usually do. It was the first time i tried full squats but i used some light weight.

It wasn´t a debilitating pain, but to be on the safe side i didn´t worked legs last week.

It seemed the pain was fading away and i barely notice it.

However yesterday it started to hurt a little more in the afternoon and it got worse during the night, waking up some times with the pain.

Today it seems a little better but it isn´t fine. I´ve been applying some cream and some heat but the pain is still there. Its really strange because i didn´t worked legs for almost two weeks neither do anything i can think off to worsen the situation. The only thing i started to take last week was MK677, i don´t know if it can be related or not. I always thought it should be a nice compound to help recovering and heal joints but i have seen a study where one of the adverses affects was joint pain.

If i have the leg stretched the pain is very mild. When bending it the pain increases. But the real pain cames when i try to stretch it again. Theres some point where it really hurts. I would say like about between 110 and 140º or something like that. Then when it´s fully stretched everything is "fine" again.

I´ll leave a photo pointing to where i feel the pain. Any tips?

leg.jpg

kjetil1234

kjetil1234

Awards
Strengthen rectus femoris, release vastus medialis

You may also be forcing knees too far out in your exercises but I could be wrong.

Deltacode

Awards
Know this is little old but did you recover from this as i have something similiiar in the same place which is stopping me training my legs.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I had the same thing happen to me from doing super high box jumps, then jumping back down. Now I hear some wicked grinding in that knee whenever I squat, with or without weight. Fairly certain there's some tearing in there, at least for me...but it started in that same spot.

I'm still able to squat heavy though without any pain in that knee now.

DoubleM101

DoubleM101

Awards
  • Established
Know this is little old but did you recover from this as i have something similiiar in the same place which is stopping me training my legs.
Fortunately, everything fine now. I didn´t worked legs for 3 or 4 weeks and then i started slowly with light weights.

Now i only have the usual mild pains i get time to time, even with the usual weight :)

Deltacode

Awards
That's good news, I've had 3 weeks off now and starting back with just body weight squats each day. Bit of pain as I train but it no longer lingers.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Fortunately, everything fine now. I didn´t worked legs for 3 or 4 weeks and then i started slowly with light weights.

Now i only have the usual mild pains i get time to time, even with the usual weight :)
Essentially the same for me now. I also wear knee sleeves when squatting, and picked up a pair of knee wraps for heavier triples/singles.

I also feel a bit of random pain during changes in weather.

ChestBro

ChestBro

Awards
Hi guys.

I read everything You guys wrote. But did you do some exercises or some important stretching exercises ?

I have the same Pain at The same point. Its been 1 week now, but it dident appeer after legday, so I dont know why its happend. I trained Heavy, "ASS to The grass"
Squats on a sunday, The Pain started at wednesday. Its like every 2 Day it feels like my knee jumps out of The place or something. Then I have Pain a bit, after like 10 mins, its gone. On and off.

Thanks for tips! Dropped legs this week.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I use voodoo floss bands on my knees, with some goblet squats to warm up with. Just for about a minute or two. Gets my knees feeling great.

Deltacode

Awards
Now using sns joint support xt and antaeuslabs achilles and this has helped enormously, to the point i can train my legs with much lighter weights, have pain that day, but next day they feel normal again.

ChestBro

ChestBro

Awards
Thanks for answers guys.

I have now been in Pain 2 weeks. I found out to Day That I will have to go to The doctors, maybe take some inside pictures of The knees. Its not only one, both of them. Dont know why.

Now its been Worse, they are filt With water, swollen up as hell. So Will let You know what he Tells me.

Thanks again.