Broken Collarbone

bananaClip

bananaClip

Awards
  • Established
its been a month since my surgery on my collarbone. i fractured it at the acromial? end of it, close to the shoulder.
i miss lifting weights. what can i do if i go to the gym today?

anyone had a fractured collarbone? and how long and how did you get back into your gym routine?

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
Collarbones are easy to heal!! Sounds like you had a fracture close to your AC joint!! I would just stuck with leg workouts that doesnt involve or minimally involve the use of your shoulder!! Also, im sure your having physical therapy; ask your PT!

B

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
its been a month since my surgery on my collarbone. i fractured it at the acromial? end of it, close to the shoulder.
i miss lifting weights. what can i do if i go to the gym today?

anyone had a fractured collarbone? and how long and how did you get back into your gym routine?
How'd you break it?

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
I broke mine in a different spot but was doing leg press every other day, that was the only thing I could comfortably do for about 6 weeks, but in 9 weeks I was back on the football field full contact, and in the gym doing my regular workouts with no issues

Epolis13

Epolis13

Awards
Have you talked to a doctor/PT about this? I would consult a medical professional.

bananaClip

bananaClip

Awards
  • Established
Collarbones are easy to heal!! Sounds like you had a fracture close to your AC joint!! I would just stuck with leg workouts that doesnt involve or minimally involve the use of your shoulder!! Also, im sure your having physical therapy; ask your PT!
yes thats what i have been doing :hump:

Epolis13

Epolis13

Awards
my doctor said no lifting weights... also no need for physical therapy...
I figured. Did he say for how long or have any recommendations for getting back into the swing of things when you are healed and ready to resume lifting? These are the questions I would be asking my doctor.