Pain, bruise and a strange feeling on forearm

DoubleM101

DoubleM101

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys,

During the last few months, i´m getting a sharp pain on the left arm, during bicep workouts. I can´t really precise the location of the pain, because sometimes it seems on the bicep itself, but other times on the forearm, near the elbow.

I´m working out with lighter weights on the left arm but even so, i´m not full recovered. A little better but not 100%.

Yesterday, an hour or two after the bicep workout, i was on the computer (with the arms at about 90º) and when i tried to stretch the arm, i had a strange feeling on it and i wasn´t able to stretch it without making a little effort accomplished with a mild pain/sensation on the forearm, near the elbow. And the movement wasn´t linear, it was like an of/off. 90º.. and them.. bamm.. stretched. Like something is going to out of place. This already had happen 2 or 3 times before, always after bicep workout. And it had happend on the right arm too.

However, today i woke up with a bruise on the left forearm. It doesn´t hurt.

I should say, when i started to do Deadlifts with more weight, my both forearms got really really reddish and with some dots and on the next day i got some small bruises there too.

What do you think? What can be the cause of this on left arm and that strange feeling on both arms after some bicep workouts?

IMG_5439.jpg

kjetil1234

kjetil1234

Awards
Your explanation is pretty vague, but I think my best potential explanation is median nerve entrapment beneath the peronator teres muscle.
Could be because it's overworekd and tight, could be because it's weak and tight. Try training the pronator and also the supinator muscles aswell as doing manual release on the pronator teres. You'll find all this on youtube

kjetil1234

kjetil1234

Awards
Could also mention that median nerve entrapment beneath the pronator muscle is typically indicated by shooting or radiative pain in the area where you describe it

DoubleM101

DoubleM101

Awards
  • Established
Thanks a lot for your tips. I know it´s really hard to diagnose online.

The pain is still there. Some days it´s better, some days worse... Some days i can´t even do pullups, other days it only starts hurt when working out biceps.

I´ll have a look at those exercices and try them.

kjetil1234

kjetil1234

Awards
Does it hurt worse when supinating or pronating the forearm? Neutral grip makes it better?

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I had that when I did Muay Thai. I figured it was from over using a muscle that I never really paid attention to.

DoubleM101

DoubleM101

Awards
  • Established
Does it hurt worse when supinating or pronating the forearm? Neutral grip makes it better?
Sorry for the late reply but i was trying to figure out and it´s been difficult to draw a conclusion because some days it hurts more than others.

Between both supinating and pronating i really can´t say which hurts more but with neutral grip it doesn´t hurt much indeed. Sometimes it does hurt only a little bit, other times, no pain at all.

kjetil1234

kjetil1234

Awards
I am guessing that there's a problem with the pronator teres muscle. youtube how to release it, see if it hurts. If it hurts, combine training and releasing it. It's often weak and tight.

DoubleM101

DoubleM101

Awards
  • Established
Well, i´ve seen some videos and i tried to release it and it hurts...

Today i take two shots of a position that hurts.

Here it goes:

Left arm (the one that hurts). Can´t drop it below this position without pain where the arrow points to.

left.jpg

Right arm. It hurts a little in the same place but nothing special, i think it´s normal and i can drop it into the floor.

right.jpg

I don´t know if it´s related or not (probably not) but last two weeks i´m feeling like a numbness in the left temporal lobe and when i touch on the cervical area, theres a zone at the left that hurts more than the right side.