10% or 25% Acetic Acid for IGF?

pitbull800

pitbull800

Awards
Do you need the 10% AA or the 25% AA for IGF?

I

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
Actually neither. It needs to be something like .06%. You need to dilute whichever AA you buy.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Yes, idunk always attempts to beat me to the punch on the IGF-1 questions ;). He is correct that 0.6% is the way to go, however, if you have 10% acetic acid it is very easy to dilute. Get some deionized water and put 94mL of deionized water to a beaker then add 6mL of acetic acid and then stir with a plastic spoon or something and viola.

I

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I always beat you to it, then have you correct me. :D

Ronin13

Ronin13

Awards
  • Established
Damn, I didn't know this when I diluted my igf with the additional ml of AA!!!!

:frustrate

Ronin13

Ronin13

Awards
  • Established
Oh thanks.. I wasn't sure who that was for.

So, essentially since I have diluted the igf further with 1 ml of 10% AA - it is useless?

Dont worry about it bro, he must have said something against the rules. Your good to go.........I think. :D

H

Herris

Awards
I'd be interested in knowing if it is useless as well. Not that I've done this but just in case I ever do.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Oh thanks.. I wasn't sure who that was for.

So, essentially since I have diluted the igf further with 1 ml of 10% AA - it is useless?
It is almost impossible to say bro because I do not know enough about pharmacokinetics (soon lol soon). The way I look at it, however, is that you used an acid that is 16.7 times more potent, which could lead to increased degradation of the peptide. Keep it as cold as possible without freezing it. Refrigerator should be fine but don't push it too far because acetic acid has a higher melting point and you are using a higher concentration. The lower temperatures will allow for a lower rate of reaction and hopefully preserve it longer, although use it up as quickly as possible and you REALLY might want to consider diluting this with bacteriostatic water in the pin. And if you have deionized water you should dilute that asap.

Remember 6mL of 10% acetic acid for every 94mL of deionized water.

N

NevrEnuf

Awards
  • Established
wow i am so lost by this thread. When i get my igf, it comes with a vial that says acidic acid on it, thats it nothing else. So i dilute it further adding 2 more ml's with the assumption that i now have 3.33mcg's per tick..... Have i been ruining my igf all this time by putting AA in straight from the bottle????????????

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
wow i am so lost by this thread. When i get my igf, it comes with a vial that says acidic acid on it, thats it nothing else. So i dilute it further adding 2 more ml's with the assumption that i now have 3.33mcg's per tick..... Have i been ruining my igf all this time by putting AA in straight from the bottle????????????
Depends on which IGF you get. I believe the AA being used right now is 1% by a certain company.