Mk 677 water retention

J

jdm23

Awards
  • Established
I've been doing a lot of research on MK 677 and the cause of water retention. Seems like starting mk causes a spike in cortisol which can cause some retention correct? So ifnthats the case would arimistane help control the bloat? Since it definitely works as a diuretic and I've read it has a small effect on cortisol. Has anyone tried this?

S

smile33

Awards
You can argue that a rise in cortisol causes a rise in blood sugar, and then a followed response of an insulin spike. Insulin is known to drive sodium reabsorption, ergo more water retention. Most of what Ive read makes it seem that mineral balance is the biggest reason for the mk 677 bloat. So most say potassium is key to drop the water retention. And arimistane seems kinda hardcore to use if looking to lower cortisol, due to it being an AI mainly. Why not just use something like ashwagandha for cortisol benefits, or dare i say even cardarine (don't know of its safety long term).

J

jdm23

Awards
  • Established
You can argue that a rise in cortisol causes a rise in blood sugar, and then a followed response of an insulin spike. Insulin is known to drive sodium reabsorption, ergo more water retention. Most of what Ive read makes it seem that mineral balance is the biggest reason for the mk 677 bloat. So most say potassium is key to drop the water retention. And arimistane seems kinda hardcore to use if looking to lower cortisol, due to it being an AI mainly. Why not just use something like ashwagandha for cortisol benefits, or dare i say even cardarine (don't know of its safety long term).
Well arimistane has little benefit as an AI, unfortunately. That's why I was thinking it might be a good way to go for water retention.

As for the ashwagandha I've never heard about using it for cortisol but just a quick read on it sounds like it may be very beneficial to stack with MK 677. Thanks I'll check into that!

I'm currently taking cardarine during a cut so I'll be needing cycle off of it soon.