Mk-677: The liver & the bloat

ironyogi

ironyogi

Awards
So, it had occurred to me after realizing that mk-677, for all its use; is a bit toxic on the liver. More than a bit, if seems.

Then I realized the bloating people are experiencing with it & I put 2+2 together.

I think pretty much anyone running this needs to take extra care of their livers, but what I'm presupposing here is that the bloating can be alleviated by cleansing the liver.

Will post any results I experience. Have been on the stuff a couple of weeks now & for the most part; I'm impressed.

Raging hunger, insomnia if I take it before bed...that's about it for sides, but I'm starting to sense liver issues (anyone ive seen get blood work can confirm this + apparently it's methylated so...)

Liver congestion leads to fat and what have you. Bring the liver back to stasis & I bet this compound shines.

Will see if can be managed.

ericos_bob

Awards
  • Established
What doses are you running it at? I couldn't get past the insomnia personally. Never did cause any bloat or weight gain in the time I ran it. What do you mean you're sensing liver issues?

jmaplewood

Awards
Curious about this as well, I've been running it for a month now, and definitely experience bloating, and appetite. How can you tell about the liver issues without bloods? I dose about an hour before bed and sleep like a rock.

ironyogi

ironyogi

Awards
See.

I really like this product. I see alot of potential in it - - but it's kinda of a tricky one for the long-term, I gather.

Gh/igf1 levels ONLY improve with consisten use up to a year or more - - but liver sides I'd say kick in in a few weeks, if not sooner.

I feel like there's got to be a reason for the insta-bloat & MEGA hunger, which IS out of hand. Initially i handled it with green tea all day & adderall as needed - - but even with that protocol, I would eat like a viking in the night. still gaining weight.

Haven't get my fat percentage checked, I do feel FULLER to a crazy degree sometimes, but i'm afraid i'm getting puffy as well.

Looking into this.

Sauana, REAL celtic grey sea salt with water (sole') for water balance.

prolactic sides - i'm taking quality vitamin E and Zinc as needed.

Liver issues...let's just say i have a feel for. I've run my liver through the gamut of detox/retox/detox ad infinitum over the years, from just about everything. My staunch believe in natural healing, tcm and ayurvedic methods has given me a slew of options, as well as symptoms and signs to watch out for.

Or more simply put...after a while, my liver starts to feel like i've just taken tynenol...probably the most toxic thing to your liver on the otc market. The stuff gives me a verifyable tylenol feeling.

I know my body. I know my liver.

I've even cured my friend of HEP C - using only herbal and dietary means. No pharma. just took what i advised and BOOM. one summer later, the man is healed.

I got a handle on this liver stuff and I'm starting to think it's more prevailent than we realize...

nothing to scoff at...more than clean the body out - - the liver is where alot of the body's chemical reactions occur...this gets turned into that...this gets sopped up in the liver, but you really didn't want it anyways..

ultimately - - you keep yo **** clean, youre gonna get better results & usually at lower doses, so it might just save you money in the long run.

Guru yo.

Medicine man.

With a modern twist - - is kinda my style, but i've proven RESULTS as well.

*unlicensed psuedo-science, any advice implied is on these grounds. ordained subgenius minister, reiki healer & yoga teacher. I know what I know...but IAM NOT the american medical association. Not by a long shot.

What i say is what i say - - take it with a grain of salt, do your research, listen to your body...find your own answers to what is in front of you.

Peace

C

ironyogi

ironyogi

Awards
What doses are you running it at? I couldn't get past the insomnia personally. Never did cause any bloat or weight gain in the time I ran it. What do you mean you're sensing liver issues?
Started taking it in the morning and then gettn by on green tea like a pro. IT has helped with the intial insomnia, but it almost seems to switch over after a few weeks...

To where it make syou super tired and ready for a nap, like an hour after you take it...an hour or two...so i'm considering moving my dose to the early evening time.

i find 12.5 is most sensible, with least side-effects. 25 makes me feel like superman, but i eat like the incredible hulk...and that's not the kind of super i am looking for at the moment! : ) still powerful stuff.

i just came across some people that good bloods done and consistently - between the lot of em on that site, they all ran pretty high....not like deadly high up in the thousands, but definitely in the 200's - which was of concern to me personally....perhpas my hopes for long term use are ill fated, still gonna try and see if i can over come this through various liver cleansing actions - will post findings..

ironyogi

ironyogi

Awards
It seems like alot of these new sarms - serms - whateverms have a learning curve.

Both for the body to adjust to find statis, but also to the mind to wrap around it.

These are all novel compounds, as far as i can tell; but with great powers come great responsibility, lest you be left loosing your hair, libido, drive etc....

sad town.
Do it right! * i think the skies the limit.

Leave no stone unturned.

LOVE your Liver, always.

pay attention to the research

It's all golden.

don't take everything at face value.

These are still a gift, but there's much further study required as far as optimization goes.

Om

Rev. C

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
I really like this product. I see alot of potential in it - - but it's kinda of a tricky one for the long-term, I gather.

Gh/igf1 levels ONLY improve with consisten use up to a year or more - - but liver sides I'd say kick in in a few weeks, if not sooner.

I feel like there's got to be a reason for the insta-bloat & MEGA hunger, which IS out of hand. Initially i handled it with green tea all day & adderall as needed - - but even with that protocol, I would eat like a viking in the night. still gaining weight.

Haven't get my fat percentage checked, I do feel FULLER to a crazy degree sometimes, but i'm afraid i'm getting puffy as well.

Looking into this.

Sauana, REAL celtic grey sea salt with water (sole') for water balance.

prolactic sides - i'm taking quality vitamin E and Zinc as needed.

Liver issues...let's just say i have a feel for. I've run my liver through the gamut of detox/retox/detox ad infinitum over the years, from just about everything. My staunch believe in natural healing, tcm and ayurvedic methods has given me a slew of options, as well as symptoms and signs to watch out for.

Or more simply put...after a while, my liver starts to feel like i've just taken tynenol...probably the most toxic thing to your liver on the otc market. The stuff gives me a verifyable tylenol feeling.

I know my body. I know my liver.

I've even cured my friend of HEP C - using only herbal and dietary means. No pharma. just took what i advised and BOOM. one summer later, the man is healed.

I got a handle on this liver stuff and I'm starting to think it's more prevailent than we realize...

nothing to scoff at...more than clean the body out - - the liver is where alot of the body's chemical reactions occur...this gets turned into that...this gets sopped up in the liver, but you really didn't want it anyways..

ultimately - - you keep yo **** clean, youre gonna get better results & usually at lower doses, so it might just save you money in the long run.

Guru yo.

Medicine man.

With a modern twist - - is kinda my style, but i've proven RESULTS as well.

*unlicensed psuedo-science, any advice implied is on these grounds. ordained subgenius minister, reiki healer & yoga teacher. I know what I know...but IAM NOT the american medical association. Not by a long shot.

What i say is what i say - - take it with a grain of salt, do your research, listen to your body...find your own answers to what is in front of you.

Peace

C
interesting theory...

I looked back at my bloodwork while on this, and my AST and ALT went down, so I'd presume that this is not hard on the liver.

hazard12

hazard12

Awards
  • Established
subbed to see other people's results. My liver values were on the upper 20s after a month of conservative usage (10mg/day bumped up to 20mg/day, taking breaks over the weekend). Pretty healthy if you ask me, but then again I take a lot of health supplements including a detox greens supplement. Might be something to look into if you wanna keep using this.

Choppedjunior

Awards
what brand are you taking?......you sure you aren't taking a PH? insomnia, liver stress, libido shut down, i hardly see anyone mentions these symptoms for MK677 on this board, and when they do they are taking some random brand of MK677 they got of e bay

JahCure

JahCure

Awards
I know this is a little off topic but after about a month on 20mg MK I accumulated cold like symptoms, the worst being extremely swollen glands in my neck. Once I stopped use I was able to get rid of the symptoms within a week or so.

About 2 weeks later I started back up 10MG MK and 2 days in the swollen glands returned! Anyone ever experienced or heard of similar sides to this?

My Mk seemed legit, gained a lot of water weight, slept great, felt lethargic, huge appetite and had semi numb hands.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Can anyone site studies where this is mentioned? Could this possibly be contaminated raws because none of the studies I have read mention this.

MK-677, an orally active growth hormone secretagogue, reverses diet-induced catabolism.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9467534
Neither the serum cortisol nor the PRL response was significantly greater after 7 days of MK-677 dosing compared with 7 days of placebo. MK-677 (25 mg) was generally well tolerated and without clinically significant adverse experiences. In conclusion, MK-677 reverses diet-induced nitrogen wasting, suggesting that if these short-term anabolic effects are maintained in patients who are catabolic because of certain acute or chronic disease states, it may be useful in treating catabolic conditions.

Prolonged oral treatment with MK-677, a novel growth hormone secretagogue, improves sleep quality in man.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9349662
In young subjects, high-dose MK-677 treatment resulted in an approximately 50% increase in the duration of stage IV and in a more than 20% increase in REM sleep as compared to placebo (p < 0.05). The frequency of deviations from normal sleep decreased from 42% under placebo to 8% under high-dose MK-677 (p < 0.03). In older adults, treatment with MK-677 was associated with a nearly 50% increase in REM sleep (p < 0.05) and a decrease in REM latency (p < 0.02). The frequency of deviations from normal sleep also decreased (p < 0.02). The present findings suggest that MK-677 may simultaneously improve sleep quality and correct the relative hyposomatotropism of senescence.

Discrepancy between serum leptin values and total body fat in response to MK-677.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10468903
Abstract
OBJECTIVE:

Growth hormone (GH) treatment decreases total body fat while this effect has not yet been documented for the oral GH secretagogue MK-677. In the present study, the effects of MK-677 treatment on serum levels of leptin, thyroid hormones and testosterone were determined.

DESIGN:
This was a randomized, double-blind, and parallel study. Twenty-four healthy obese males, 19-49 years of age, with body mass index (BMI) > 30 kg/m2 and a waist:hip ratio > 0.95, were treated with MK-677 (25 mg/day; n = 12) or placebo (n = 12) for 8 weeks.

RESULTS:
MK-677 treatment increased serum leptin levels and leptin/body fat ratio at 2 weeks of treatment (P < 0.05 vs. placebo) but no significant change was observed at 8 weeks. An increase in serum free 3, 5, 3'-triiodothyronine (free T3) was not detected until 8 weeks of MK-677 treatment (P < 0.05 vs. placebo). Peak serum thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH) concentration after MK-677 administration was similar to that after placebo administration at initiation of treatment and at 2 weeks. At 8 weeks of MK-677 treatment, mean peak serum TSH concentration was increased (P < 0.05 vs. placebo) although it remained within the normal range. Serum peak values of luteinizing hormone (LH) and follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) were similar after MK-677 and placebo administration. MK-677 treatment reduced serum total testosterone (P < 0.05 vs. placebo) although total testosterone/sex hormone-binding globulin (SHBG) ratio (an index of free testosterone) was not changed.

CONCLUSION:
Treatment with the oral GH secretagogue MK-677 transiently increased serum leptin levels and leptin/body fat ratio at 2 weeks of treatment, and increased serum free T3 after 8 weeks. These results indicate that MK-677 treatment is able to affect circulating factors of importance for adipose tissue mass and fuel metabolism.

liv2pb

Awards
Mk677 has never raised my liver values. If it raised yours then you either were running other aas or had a terrible diet due to hunger increase.

texastea

Awards
I know this is a little off topic but after about a month on 20mg MK I accumulated cold like symptoms, the worst being extremely swollen glands in my neck. Once I stopped use I was able to get rid of the symptoms within a week or so.

About 2 weeks later I started back up 10MG MK and 2 days in the swollen glands returned! Anyone ever experienced or heard of similar sides to this?

My Mk seemed legit, gained a lot of water weight, slept great, felt lethargic, huge appetite and had semi numb hands.
I experienced the exact same thing last year on 2 separate cycles, though in my case, i had severe cold symptoms without noticing swollen glands. It was disappointing because I definitely felt stronger during the first cycle.

JahCure

JahCure

Awards
I experienced the exact same thing last year on 2 separate cycles, though in my case, i had severe cold symptoms without noticing swollen glands. It was disappointing because I definitely felt stronger during the first cycle.
Interesting. I wonder if we were using the same source. I'll PM you. Major bummer because I love this supplement.

retroscapers

retroscapers

Awards
  • Established
I've had nothing but good experiences with MK. The insta-bloat came from the amount/type of carbs I ate. I can't really speak on the liver toxicity, but I take Himilaya Livercare and TUDCA. They've become some staples for me. I remember initially starting MK, I blew my weight up quickly in a month (20 pounds of which i'm sure you can is MAINLY water and fat). As far as sleep goes, I usually dose my MK (30mg) before bed and I sleep less, but wake up feeling like a brand new person.

My two cents about the bloat has to come from the carbs reacting with insulin. The pump is always too much if I dose pre workout/early morning with heavy carb load.

ericos_bob

Awards
  • Established
My latest tests came back with perfect liver values and all round excellent health markers despite having run mk677 at 25mg ED for 4 months to that point. I never did experience any bloat on MK mind you. Liver toxicity was never mentioned in any of the numerous human trials with MK unless I've missed something?

JahCure

JahCure

Awards
My latest tests came back with perfect liver values and all round excellent health markers despite having run mk677 at 25mg ED for 4 months to that point. I never did experience any bloat on MK mind you. Liver toxicity was never mentioned in any of the numerous human trials with MK unless I've missed something?
No your not missing anything, it should have no effect on liver values.

Sparkss

Sparkss

Awards
  • Established
No your not missing anything, it should have no effect on liver values.
All of my blood work pointed to no liver impact from long term running of MK. Including a test just a couple of weeks ago. I am at about 5 months at 20 mg per night.

Angelo1

Awards
Did you guys run mk with any type of cycle support?

Davidelsons

Awards
My liver enzymes are elevated I'm not changed anything except adding mk-677 taking about 30 mg xaday I'm going to stop it and have my liver rechecked...

I've also had facial bloating I'm also on trt which can cause bloat as well...

I'll see if anything changes in my blood work over the next month..

It's never given me the deep sleep that many report..

SilverGear

Awards
I know this is a very old thread and nobody might see this anymore but for anyone wondering if Ibutamoren might be liver toxic. I have done some research on the internet and it seems that only the ibutamoren in capsule form can be liver toxic and that is for two reasons:

1. It is methylated - so the capsulated form is methylated which is hard on the liver, while the liquid form is not
2. It's cut - so apparently the capsulated form is sometimes cut with prohormones or regular oral steroids, while the liquid form is usually pure

From forums and user experiences it seems that really only the people that used capsules ever had elevated liver enzymes and all the other people were surprised to hear that since MK677 is not liver toxic, unless it's cut or methylated.
So that is that, if someone stumbles upon this and has some more info to add or correct something please do, I'd be glad, this is just information I managed to gather until now.

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I know this is a very old thread and nobody might see this anymore but for anyone wondering if Ibutamoren might be liver toxic. I have done some research on the internet and it seems that only the ibutamoren in capsule form can be liver toxic and that is for two reasons:

1. It is methylated - so the capsulated form is methylated which is hard on the liver, while the liquid form is not
2. It's cut - so apparently the capsulated form is sometimes cut with prohormones or regular oral steroids, while the liquid form is usually pure

From forums and user experiences it seems that really only the people that used capsules ever had elevated liver enzymes and all the other people were surprised to hear that since MK677 is not liver toxic, unless it's cut or methylated.
So that is that, if someone stumbles upon this and has some more info to add or correct something please do, I'd be glad, this is just information I managed to gather until now.
I was taking in capsule for at 12.5mg/ day. I had none of what people refer to as sides. No spike in appetite, no sleep issues, and no joint pain. I was retaining fluid. My carbs were at 100mg/ day and sodium was low. I started to get gyno and lethargy. Dropped the cap version and went to a liquid. It is as if I am taking a different product. I truely believe I was taking a weak MK-677 that was spiked w a pro hormone. Thanks Matrix Labs
That is implied sarcasm as they were manufacturer of the bunk 677

tregar

tregar

Awards
  • Established
I had liver tests done during my 6th month on mk677 years ago, and it was completely normal,I even posted the results in my mk677 faq thread. Mk677 is nontoxic to the liver. Now dianabol is a different story. I'm on my 6th year of mk677 usage AR 25mg per morning, stay on for 6 months only so it stays effective. Then I switch to peptides for rest of year, to get rid of bloat you will need to stay on keto diet while on mk677, which is what I do year round, otherwise u will Moonface bloat like crazy.

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I had liver tests done during my 6th month on mk677 years ago, and it was completely normal,I even posted the results in my mk677 faq thread. Mk677 is nontoxic to the liver. Now dianabol is a different story. I'm on my 6th year of mk677 usage AR 25mg per morning, stay on for 6 months only so it stays effective. Then I switch to peptides for rest of year, to get rid of bloat you will need to stay on keto diet while on mk677, which is what I do year round, otherwise u will Moonface bloat like crazy.
I had the same issue w carbs. If it was a training day I’d have carbs post workout and at dinner. If non training I’d just have at dinner. If my workout was in the evening I would only have 1 carb containing meal. The bloat would come on fast otherwise.

tregar

tregar

Awards
  • Established
Good advice 98fatboy.

I stay on a keto diet year round, and when I use mk677 I notice my face does not bloat while
on it, totally different story if you eat starchy carbs.

Carbohydrate comes from the word "hydrate". MK677 is even able to hydrate the muscles and
create serious pumps even on a keto diet consisting of around 25 to 30g carbs per day. But your
face will remain bloat free while on a keto diet and mk677, now if you are on a diet with lots of carbs
the bloat in face will subside somewhat after the 4rth week, along with any hunger pains.

Even though I'm keto, on my days off (I work 12 hour shifts) I eat at a buffet near me that carries
all you can eat grilled chicken breasts, turkey, fish, spinach, salads, green beans, etc.
So I can easily eat keto and not even have to cook.

I can even have a large piece of dessert or chocholate mouse on those days, cause those are the same days I lift,
and I expend the 30 to 40g carbs in the dessert as energy for my workouts. I don't deprive myself, I enjoy it just
like anyone else would...just that on my non workout days when I work, no starchy carbs or desserts.

The first few days you use MK677 at 25mg you may feel a little different, I feel a bit euphoric
with extra energy and my sleep is a bit different for the first 2 to 3 days, then your body
adjust to it quite well, sleep is excellent. Recuperation from workouts is enhanced and so is your
energy in the gym.

Those who say you can't loose fat on MK677 have never used it while on a keto diet, I've seen it
melt fat off me at a quick rate while on a keto diet only. It is non-toxic to the liver, I had
perfect liver values after 6 months use, and my blood sugar was also perfect. I posted all these
bloods in the faq. I like to take 1 capsule of mixture with mostly +R alpha lipoic acid at least
once after workouts and/or once before a big meal, using it only once daily on non workout days but twice
daily on workout days. I feel it helps maintain good insulin levels and helps shuttle nutrients to muscles
after a workout as proven in studies.

MK677 remains highly effective for 6 to 7 months at a time, at which time it begins to fall from the
peak igf values it imparts just slightly, which tells me it's time to get off, and switch to peptides (remain effective
indefinately) for the next 6 to 7 months. Peptides are expensive compared to mk677, but there is no
choice, as remaining on mk677 any longer will defeat the cycle's purpose.

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I also leaned out while taking Mk-677 @ 12.5mg per day b4 bed 5days/week. Great pumps. One thing I did notice is a small bump just below my Adams apple but feels higher than my thyroid. I stopped taking the Mk-677 at the 4 month mark for this reason. It is soft, and you can “move it” doesn’t feel affixed to anything. Hoping it isn’t a thyroid node. Lymph nodes at jaw line are normal size and not tender. I have kept my weight status quo w no gain. Would have to go to a Dr to find out and I have zero faith in healthcare. The “wait and see” approach is where I am at. It is half the size it was when I noticed it 4 weeks ago. Who knows?
Could an influx of IGF-1 from the Mk-677 caused this? I didn’t think the igf-1 levels spiked at 12.5 mg dose. Thought that happened in the 25-30mg neighborhood. Please correct me if I am wrong as I have limited experience w MK-677

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I was and still am taking a gda attached is the breakdown.

Attachments

EpiStrong

EpiStrong

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Why run mk667 when you can run hgh for the same price at 3iu or so per month?

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
12.5mg/ day 5 days/week costs me less than $27.50 a month
I wasn’t aware hgh was that cheap
Have no idea where to get it or how to use it and place to store it w/out the Misses asking me 100 questions I don’t feel like answering. I have never pinned anything. I dont have a “guy” like a lot of people on here and can’t afford a trt/hrt doctor
It is what it is

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I don’t even know how much mk is these days but I still know you’re absolutely wrong. Maybe some shady underdosed ugl Hgh?

EpiStrong

EpiStrong

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I don’t even know how much mk is these days but I still know you’re absolutely wrong. Maybe some shady underdosed ugl Hgh?
Yes ugl. Not shady, domestic resellers test all the the time as do group buyers. You can live in the past or get with the times.

EpiStrong

EpiStrong

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
12.5mg/ day 5 days/week costs me less than $27.50 a month
I wasn’t aware hgh was that cheap
Have no idea where to get it or how to use it and place to store it w/out the Misses asking me 100 questions I don’t feel like answering. I have never pinned anything. I dont have a “guy” like a lot of people on here and can’t afford a trt/hrt doctor
It is what it is
Totally understandable... at that price it's cheaper. I would guess a normal priced 60 buck bottle would last a month which is pretty close to therapeutic dose hgh prices these days. stuff is cheap now. I'm not giving sources I'm not encouraging it. The sides of mk being a dirty per say ghrelin antagonist there are better options if you look is all I'm going to say

EpiStrong

EpiStrong

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I understand this forum has turned into a natural supplement and sarm forum so I guess its time I left, look around there are 10x better options a search away. I'm going deer hunting now, wish me luck