T3/T4 necessary while on GH?

VWMeatHead

VWMeatHead

Awards
I recently started taking 4 ius of gh 6 days/week split up in an am and pwo dose.

I have been reading a lot on thd subject, and many people out there advocate using T4 while on GH...claiming that GH can have a negative effect on thyroid levels.

Anyone have any experience with this?

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
After 4 weeks, get a thyroid panel done. If your tsh is above 3.5-4, I'd suggest starting synthroid at 2.1mcg - 2.3mcg per kilo.

You do not want to take synthroid daily if you don't need it, but you also don't want to put your body into a state of hypothroidism. Hyper and Hypo both are not an ideal state for your body and causes many long term chronic slow changing issues. The only way to tell if you need it, is with a Thyroid panel which is extremely cheap to get done without a doctor, or just go to your doctor and say you feel sluggish and cold lately, theres a history of hypothyroid in my family, id like to get tested.. No family doc will deny that.

VWMeatHead

VWMeatHead

Awards
After 4 weeks, get a thyroid panel done. If your tsh is above 3.5-4, I'd suggest starting synthroid at 2.1mcg - 2.3mcg per kilo.

You do not want to take synthroid daily if you don't need it, but you also don't want to put your body into a state of hypothroidism. Hyper and Hypo both are not an ideal state for your body and causes many long term chronic slow changing issues. The only way to tell if you need it, is with a Thyroid panel which is extremely cheap to get done without a doctor, or just go to your doctor and say you feel sluggish and cold lately, theres a history of hypothyroid in my family, id like to get tested.. No family doc will deny that.
So with Labcorp for instance...I would simply ask for a "thyroid panel?"