Insulin and alcohol

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
I've been researching this for a while but can't find anything specific to bodybuilding (supraphysiological dosages)
Are there any negative effects to having alcohol in your system at the same time as insulin?

We know that insulin forces all nutrients into tissue. So obviously you don't inject 10ui of insulin and eat a pizza- that would be retarded.
So we stick to "clean" food like low fat proteins and carbohydrates.

What do you think would be the impact of a post-workout beer? Obviously getting drunk would be stupid, but a beer? I can't find any info at all on how insulin in supraphysiological doses impacts alcohol on the body. Fat gets stored intramuscularly for example.

Example 1:
User is in a mainly fasted state. They had a normal lunch at 12pm of you're standard bodybuilding food. Lets say 100g protein, 50g carbs, 25g fat just for the sake of argument (doesn't matter)
3pm they inject 10ui of humulin 30/70 long acting insulin. They start training at 4pm and finish at 8pm. They go home and eat chicken breast with rice and they have 30g of carbs in the form of something epic like Haribo during their workout.

With the meal they have a stout beer. Guinness because our guy trains hard and wants the calories for "recovery" (haha)
Calories: 210
Protein: 2g
Carbs: 18g
Fat: 0
Alcohol: 24g

Obviously this is hypothetical and anyone who does that without knowing is an idiot. But I really enjoy beer post workout and if I wanted to use slin would not want to go without my post workout beer