Body Fat Reduction Help...?

SoFla

Awards
I'm about to be 30 in May. 6'2", 205 lbs, 14% BF and athletic my whole life. I work out or run (3.5 miles) 5 days per week and I eat fairly well (not always chikcen breast & rice, but very little if any fried foods).

Few questions:

-what product is out there that wouldhelp with reducing my body fat?
-I've read that some of the GH products will help with this...if so, what legal GH product works best?

Thanks in advance.

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Diet bro.

Get your diet and training figured out before you start tinkering with supplements.

SoFla

Awards
I've trained my whole life...always been in sports.
Right now I rotate weeks.
MWF - run 3.5 miles
TTh - workout

Next week -
MWF - wrokout
TTh - run 3.5 miles.

Watch what I eat for the most part. Take CEE and protein.

What next?
Diet bro.

Get your diet and training figured out before you start tinkering with supplements.

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
MWF - run 3.5 miles
TTh - workout

Next week -
MWF - wrokout
TTh - run 3.5 miles.

What next?
Cardio.

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
MWF - run 3.5 miles
TTh - workout

Next week -
MWF - wrokout
TTh - run 3.5 miles.

What next?
I watch what I eat too. I watch it go from fork into mouth.

You need to be specific about what you're eating, how you're training, etc.

Lean One: He does cardio by running.

SoFla

Awards
As HouseMan said, last I checked, running wa cardio and better than a treadmill.

As for dieting, I don't measure how many ounces of chicken/rice I eat oranything like that. You want better details on diet:

Breakfast - Bowl of Cherios/skim milk for breakfast.
Lunch - Turkey sandwich on wheat bread for lunch w/ Baked Lays chips.
Pre-workout snack - NoXplode
Dinner - Quizno's lowfat sub or spaghetti or something like that
snack - protein shake at 8:30 pm

Now what?

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
Lean One: He does cardio by running.
3.5 mi 5x/wk. How long does it take you to run 3.5mi?
Do you know what % of VO2max you are running at?
Do you know what your heart rate is when you run?
What and when do you eat preceeding and following your cardio?

Answer those questions then we'll talk about cardio.
I'm not trying to be an ass here, but these are important variables to considder when your goal is to burn fat.

SoFla

Awards

I'm not trying to be an ass here, but these are important variables to considder when your goal is to burn fat.
Absolutely, and thanks for helping.

- 3.5 miles inbetween 28-30 mins (about 8-8.5 mph)
- 2.5 scoops of the NoXplode (not sure level of NO2 because they don't spell out the make-up of it, but have heard about 1 gram of CEE and 1 grams of NO2 in each scoop)
- can talk while running, but have to take breaths in between...not a constant conversation
- lunch at noon, NoXplode at 5pm, either workout or run at 5:30...eat dinner at 7-7:30

help or suggestions?

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established

There ya go.

A much better response than "Cardio". :D

riskarb

riskarb

Ron Paul... phuck yeah!
Awards
  • Established

- 2.5 scoops of the NoXplode (not sure level of NO2 because they don't spell out the make-up of it, but have heard about 1 gram of CEE and 1 grams of NO2 in each scoop)
- can talk while running, but have to take breaths in between...not a constant conversation
- lunch at noon, NoXplode at 5pm, either workout or run at 5:30...eat dinner at 7-7:30

help or suggestions?
He's referring to your aerobic threshold; VO2 max -- VO2 max is the maximum amount of oxygen in mL one can use in one minute per kG of body weight.

Lean One

Awards
  • Established

help or suggestions?
Yes. First off, If I read that correctly, you are going 7+ hrs between meals?? This is not condusive to losing fat. Or gaining muscle for that matter. At most, never go more than 4 hrs without a meal if you can avoid it.

Now it seems to me that your intensity while running might be a little high. This will cause you to burn up more glycogen than fat. The fact that you are inducing a starvation response in your body by not eating in the hrs prior to your workout is not helping you either.As for duration,I would try to bump up the run to 45 min at a lower intensity. Try to eat an hr before your workout. If you do theese things you'll likely see a difrence. ;)

SoFla

Awards
LO -

Thanks for the advice. Will use it tonight for my run. A quick meal before getting off work, then run for 45 at a slightly lower pace.

As for any of the GH's out there (Orotropin-1 or the others by ASN - Humagro or the others), are they useful or should I stay away from them?

Longdog

Awards
  • Established
As far as diet, in addition to meal frequency- I think you need to increase your protein, it sounds like you are getting well under 200g per day. Shoot for 300g+ at your size. I suggest maybe cutting some of those carbs & adding protein. Honestly, its surprising you've been able to maintain 205lb with that little protein. I am 215 at 11% or so & I shoot for 400g protein.

I'll defer to the master (LeanOne)for cardio advice...

I think igf-1 LR3 is your best bet for fat loss, I've used it 3x with very good results. You can significantly reduce your bf% in a month at 40mcg/day of igf for under $200. IGF really is amazing. I am 30 also, I think you can definitely benefit from it. You will really need to increase your protein to take full advantage of it though.

grape ape

Awards
"Lean One" Just curious, you said for this person to eat aprox. 1 hr. before doing cardio. I've been doing cardio first thing in the morning after I get up before I eat (trying to cut fat only) . Is this wrong? Also, is there a rule of thumb to decide if you are doing cardio at the proper % vo2?

/

chasec

Pityin' fools since '81
Awards
  • Established
well, i'll play devils advocate. since were in the IGF forum; it's good for a quick fat shed when combined with adequate diet and cardio.

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
I'm not a proponent of fasted state cardio. It is counter to my whole philosophy around the interelationship between nutrition and cardio.

For Heart rate, 220-Age X % intensity. (60 to 65 % for shedding fat.

grape ape

Awards
thanks for the reply. Do you think fasted state cardio will burn more muscle than fat or that the body will try to lower it's metabolic rate due to the fasted state?

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
The real problem with fasted state cardio is that with such a low blood sugar, the brain is starved of its only usable fuel source besides oxygen. (glucose) So, protein is broken down to form sugar to support the nervous system during activity. Also, for fat to be oxidised, certain substrates are needed witch can only be formed from glucose like pyruvic acid. It's just not an efficient way to burn fat. You just end up stressing the nervous system and going catabolic.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So you do cardio after workout? And do you supplement anything before the cardio?

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have had the best results first thing in the morning on an empty stomach.

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
Just got your PM. When I do cardio imediately following training, the PWO meal follows as soon as possible after that. If you're worried about missing the "window" after hitting the weights, stop. Cardio increases insulin sensitivity the same way strength training does. ;)

grape ape

Awards
it sounds that it may be beneficial to take a pre cardio cocktail then. what would be the best though?

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
it sounds that it may be beneficial to take a pre cardio cocktail then. what would be the best though?
Not nesesarily. You must avoid spiking insulin pre cardio. This will inhibit lipolisis. That's why a low GI meal 1 to 2 hrs before cardio is best. You supply your brain and nervous system with adequate amounts of glucose and supply your muscles with the nesesary substrates to burn fat eficiently.

The only supp that I would considder benificial pre cardio is ECY. I can't really think of anything else that would make that much of a diference.

hamper19

hamper19

The True Warrior is one who conquers oneself
Awards
  • Established
so besides IGF, what is a good supp. I was going to post (probably still will) with the same question.

I am just finishing up my 1test/4ad trans and was thinking about doing PGH during my pct for 2 months, then hitting another 1t/4ad cycle.

So far this year I have dropped about 15-17 pounds of fat, and my abs are actually coming through now. For me the price of IGF-1 is a bit much right now, and am thinking the PG-H might be a decent alternative. I was thinking .25mg x2/day
probably IM as opposed to SC

thoughts? Sorry to but into your thread by the way.
also i think my receptors need a break from ECA since I been using that for about 1-2 months at this point

h19

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
so besides IGF, what is a good supp. I was going to post (probably still will) with the same question.

I am just finishing up my 1test/4ad trans and was thinking about doing PGH during my pct for 2 months, then hitting another 1t/4ad cycle.

So far this year I have dropped about 15-17 pounds of fat, and my abs are actually coming through now. For me the price of IGF-1 is a bit much right now, and am thinking the PG-H might be a decent alternative. I was thinking .25mg x2/day
probably IM as opposed to SC

thoughts? Sorry to but into your thread by the way.
also i think my receptors need a break from ECA since I been using that for about 1-2 months at this point

h19
Hmmmm. MELTINGPOINT! :D

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
Quote:
Originally Posted by the anapolack
dnp
t-3
clen
eca

stack it all
And spontaneously combust... :smite:

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
And spontaneously combust... :smite:

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
The real problem with fasted state cardio is that with such a low blood sugar, the brain is starved of its only usable fuel source besides oxygen. (glucose) So, protein is broken down to form sugar to support the nervous system during activity. Also, for fat to be oxidised, certain substrates are needed witch can only be formed from glucose like pyruvic acid. It's just not an efficient way to burn fat. You just end up stressing the nervous system and going catabolic.
how about if lean extreme is being taken before morning cardio and throughout the day as directed? would that not prevent going catabolic with morning cardio? i may be way off base here.

hamper19

hamper19

Awards
  • Established
what do you mean meltingpoint?

ALso i would never do dnp again, not worth it.

i have clen, eca etc. I wanted something different.

so what about the pgh ????

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
how about if lean extreme is being taken before morning cardio and throughout the day as directed? would that not prevent going catabolic with morning cardio? i may be way off base here.
Doesn't matter. The nervous system still needs fuel. It will get it from somewhere.

hamper19

hamper19

Awards
  • Established
Boy! you've really been out of the loop eh? Better lay off the Salvia... ;)

Better make a pot of coffee for this one. Hehehe.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24623

way out of the loop..lol. Basically i had a girlfriend who didnt work out etc. I got fat, we broke up (not b/c of that lol) funny thing is she works out now at my gym..
also my life sucked pretty much, but so far 2005 seems to be going well, so i made a promise to myself to get my ass in gear and get back in shape (again). So this year i have been doing well, hitting the gym 4-5 days a week, im leaning out a lot. Getting the compliments etc. Now I have to see what is new all over again lol. But im definitely not falling out of the loop again.

thanks for not telling me to "do a search" lol
h19