Quad tear rehab

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
Haven't been active here in a while but hoping this will be beneficial to someone at some point. Suffered from a complete quad tear (3 weeks ago from yesterday) and had the surgery on 9/30/14 and began my experimentation with IGF-1 and GHRP-6 a few days later once the swelling and pain subsided slightly. I have my first followup tomorrow and hopefully pull the 20 staples out that's holding my leg together. Brief history - been lifting since I was 16 (35 now) and most definitely not a noob when it comes to "supplements", but I am when it comes to peptides. The current regimen is :
IGF 20mcg's 2x daily (in opposing sides of the knee area)
GHRP-6 150mcg's 3x daily (same area)
**coming soon** CJC-1295 w/o DAC (haven't worked out that dose yet)

IGF will be in 25 day cycles, GHRP-6 running constantly for at least 6 months (CJC following suit). Other compounds are currently on Project Slowthe****down as I'm not 100% for obvious reasons, Testenan at 250mgs and EQ at 300mgs (read many articles and feedback that support EQ being beneficial here). I attempted to attach a picture here but I'm so out of the loop on boards these days I've forgotten how. The manage attachments diddly doo ain't working for me.

SquatsAndOats

Awards
As ghrps don't act at the site I would just do those sub q away from the injured area to prevent scar tissue forming there. Igf I can see helping directly though

WeT.DoLPhiN

Awards
I would definitely try BPC 157. Shoot it right into the quad. I had a partially torn labrum and it healed that **** up in a month. You don't need much either...100 to 200mcg a day does just right. With the other peptides I'd imagine your recovery would go quite well.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
Rehab check-in :

Started last week and I'm already leaps and bounds ahead of what's normal right now. Will continue to push it on rehab (within reason) and keep on keeping on. Noted on the GHRP site injection change, now going sub-q route since you wrote that tidbit. As for additional compounds, I want to keep at it with what I have so far. Throwing additional compounds into it won't paint a clear picture on what's working and what isn't. If the gods frown upon me once more with additional major injuries, I'll be sure to try out this BPC 157 for all it's worth.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
Week 9 post surgery progress report -

101 degree bend
Full rotation on the stationary bike

Doc was quoted as saying "There's ahead of the bell curve and then there's you....you're just over there in your own category. Whatever you're doing, you're doing it right."

Onward....

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
Week 12 update -

117 degree bend. Capable of light leg presses and high rep bodyweight squats onto an 18" box. Coming back much quicker than anticipated.