Mk677

Kickstart7

Kickstart7

Awards
There's a few solid articles online but I want some opinions , especially from those who have used it. What are known risks or side effects with mk677?? One study concluded that upset stomach and headaches were examined in some test subjects? Any known longterm effects?

Also to my understanding this does not affect suppression of test levels because it is a growth secratogue. I messed that word up forgive me. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

The reason I'm interested is for extremely increased recovery. I get horrible shin splints and shoulder pain. Maybe this can help.

Jackedjack

Jackedjack

Awards
I have never used it but the studies loom promising. You would need to use it for 3-6 months to see results though. And no it does not affect t levels. Also if this for injury recovery, use peptides over this, they will work so much bettet

Kickstart7

Kickstart7

Awards
I have never used it but the studies loom promising. You would need to use it for 3-6 months to see results though. And no it does not affect t levels. Also if this for injury recovery, use peptides over this, they will work so much bettet
which ones would u recommend

Jackedjack

Jackedjack

Awards
There's a whole thread on this two down from this one. I'll bump and mention you on the thread. Feel free to ask more questions in that thread

Kickstart7

Kickstart7

Awards
There's a whole thread on this two down from this one. I'll bump and mention you on the thread. Feel free to ask more questions in that thread
thanks buddy!

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
Hummm.. I am interested in this one.... Gonna research it more!

Faktalay

Awards
I have used a bottle of 15 days. It healed my wrist injury nicely , side affect are: hungry all the time, I had never eaten so much food in my life, an increase in sperm numbers, felt a thinking in the mid section my abs become more visible , no headache or carpal tunnel type of thing.

xhrr

Awards
I have used a bottle of 15 days. It healed my wrist injury nicely , side affect are: hungry all the time, I had never eaten so much food in my life, an increase in sperm numbers, felt a thinking in the mid section my abs become more visible , no headache or carpal tunnel type of thing.
All in 15 days???

Kickstart7

Kickstart7

Awards
Kickstart7

Kickstart7

Awards

Faktalay

Awards
No , that was last April , hunger was insane whilst I was on it

Kickstart7

Kickstart7

Awards

Faktalay

Awards
Not really, I personally don't like the idea of using Injectable hgh, it is not my cup of thing. This gives you the second option. I read in pub med that 25 mg of MK677 is giving you 22 ng/ml (not sure about unit though) hgh , which is not bad at all. I am thinking about doing 4 bottle next time around.

Kickstart7

Kickstart7

Awards
Not really, I personally don't like the idea of using Injectable hgh, it is not my cup of thing. This gives you the second option. I read in pub med that 25 mg of MK677 is giving you 22 ng/ml (not sure about unit though) hgh , which is not bad at all. I am thinking about doing 4 bottle next time around.
I saw some published studies on young healthy men. Do you think there's the possibility of it being linked to cancer down the road?

Faktalay

Awards
Growth hormone does not cause any cancer on its own, however, if one has a cancer already it would accelerate the growth of tumour , at the end of the day the growth hormone is a natural hormone , when we are teens we have plenty of it together with sex hormones, it declines when we age, it should not be an issue if you wanna top it up for a few months . Nowadays everything we consume pretty much causes cancers . So growth hormone will come at the bottom of causes of cancers

Kickstart7

Kickstart7

Awards
Growth hormone does not cause any cancer on its own, however, if one has a cancer already it would accelerate the growth of tumour , at the end of the day the growth hormone is a natural hormone , when we are teens we have plenty of it together with sex hormones, it declines when we age, it should not be an issue if you wanna top it up for a few months . Nowadays everything we consume pretty much causes cancers . So growth hormone will come at the bottom of causes of cancers
thanks man, I appreciate the education!

Faktalay

Awards
Mk 677 is being developed to solve the growth hormone deficiency in kids, so this will be a pharma medicine in the near future , there are pros and cons like everything else in life, moderate time and dosage should be fine IMO

Kickstart7

Kickstart7

Awards
Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Need more feedback on this stuff :)

xhrr

Awards
I'm not trying to question your results but even real hgh takes time for the results to show. I would love it if results came about that quickly as I plan to try it eventually.

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
Does mk677 provide a pulse of gh or a bleed?

Faktalay

Awards
I think it provided a pulse. I have read it before. As far as I recall mk677 should be taken in the morning rather than in the night. Since We get a gh pulse whilst during the deep sleep and by taking it in the morning you get 2 big pulses in 24 hours

koi1214

koi1214

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think it provided a pulse. I have read it before. As far as I recall mk677 should be taken in the morning rather than in the night. Since We get a gh pulse whilst during the deep sleep and by taking it in the morning you get 2 big pulses in 24 hours
Do you have a link?

I found this on another forum.

Quote Originally Posted by conwict View Post
chops, by definition a long elevation (such as mk677 - as opposed to say rHGH @ 9-12 hrs) is a "bleed." But the reason this is undesirable is not just desensitization; the acute efficacy is reduced, too.
I seem to have conflated two issues here, and I am sorry for the confusion.

I understand the difference between desensitization and bleed.

My understanding is that the term GH bleed is used to describe a state where the pituitary does not completely stop secreting GH between pulses and thus, "bleeds" GH; that is, the plasma troughs- in a graph- between GH pulses do not return to near zero.

My point regarding MK-677 and GH bleed is that I have not found any study that mentions this as a consequence of MK-677 administration. As well, the study that Dat cited in his 2008 post on AnabolicMinds includes this figure:

Panel C: Representative 24-h GH profiles in one 70-year-old man, treated for one year with MK-677. 24-h mean GH levels (open circles), 6 months (triangles) and 12 months (closed circles), respectively. Note that the pulsatile pattern of GH secretion at baseline is maintained and enhanced at 6 and 12 months, primarily as a result of increased secretion per peak rather than peak frequency.

The above figure shows that there is no bleed in this subject after 1 year- except possibly during sleep, which is normal.

The study is of particular value because the cohort is large (65 men and women) and healthy. Plus it is a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled, modified-crossover clinical trial.

So this raises the question in my mind: Is there any study showing GH bleed after long term MK-677 administration?

The second point I was trying to make is that as far as I can discern, the only serious objection Dat has made to the use of MK-677 is that it causes desensitization. He makes this objection in this thread on Growth Hormone Secretagogues posted by him on 8th August 2009:

In his post, Dat states:

"Based on the effectiveness of GHRPs smaller non-peptide molecules were created in an effort to mimic the GH releasing effects of GHRPs with the desire to develop a compound with high oral bioavailability. As a result MK-0677 was eventually created as a non-peptide compound with sustained GH release and higher oral bioavailability. Unfortunately desensitization was found to occur fairly rapidly (my emphasis)."

This was posted nine months after he posted on AnabolicMinds his discussion of the "Effects of an Oral Ghrelin Mimetic (MK-677) on Body Composition and Clinical Outcomes in Healthy Older Adults" study

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2757071/

in which he observed:

"It took six months to build up but in the end GH & IGF-1 were elevated and remained so for the remainder of the year of continued use..." "There was no demonstrated desensitization in this study."

And so I'm wondering if there was any new information to change his thinking on MK-677 desensitization? (which I understand is a seprate issue from bleed)

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice info man. Thanks

Kendal07

Awards
I couldn't give a link in the first place since I have not got enough contribution on this board,
However, I am not an expert on GH and MK677. I have got this abstract, which may or may not answer your question.

"To assess the effects of prolonged administration of a novel analog of GH-releasing peptide (MK-677), nine healthy young men participated in a randomized, double blind, three-period cross-over comparison of orally administered placebo and 5- and 25-mg doses of MK-677. Each period involved bedtime administration of the drug for 7 consecutive days. At the end of each period, plasma levels of insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I) and IGF-binding protein-3 (IGFBP-3) were measured at 0745 h, and 24-h profiles of plasma GH and cortisol were obtained at 15-min intervals together with the 24-h urinary excretion of free cortisol. Profiles of plasma free cortisol were calculated at hourly intervals. The amounts of GH secreted were similar in all three conditions, but GH pulse frequency was increased with both dosages of the drug, primarily because of an increase in the number of low amplitude pulses. Plasma IGF-I levels were increased in a dose-dependent manner, whereas IGFBP-3 levels were increased only with the highest dosage. There was a positive relationship between GH pulse frequency and IGF-I increase. Except for an advance in the nocturnal nadir and in the morning elevation, MK-677 had no effect on cortisol profiles. In particular, 24-h mean levels of plasma total and free cortisol and urinary excretion of free cortisol were similar under all conditions. The present data suggest that the use of MK-677 for the treatment of relative somatotropic deficiency, particularly in older adults compromised by such deficiency, deserves further investigation."

Kendal07

Awards
Another one,

"Aging is associated with declining activity of the GH axis, possibly contributing to adverse body composition changes and increased incidence of cardiovascular disease. The stimulatory effects on the GH-insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I) axis of orally administered MK-677, a GH-releasing peptide mimetic, were investigated. Thirty-two healthy subjects (15 women and 17 men, aged 64-81 yr) were enrolled in a randomized, double blind, placebo-controlled trial. They received placebo or 2, 10, or 25 mg MK-677, orally, once daily for 2 separate study periods of 14 and 28 days. At baseline and on day 14 of each study period, blood was collected every 20 min for 24 h to measure GH, PRL, and cortisol. Attributes of pulsatile GH release were assessed by 3 independent algorithms. MK-677 administration for 2 weeks increased GH concentrations in a dose-dependent manner, with 25 mg/day increasing mean 24-h GH concentration 97 +/- 23% (mean +/- SE; P < 0.05 vs. baseline). This increase was due to an enhancement of preexisting pulsatile GH secretion. GH pulse height and interpulse nadir concentrations increased significantly without significant changes in the number of pulses. With 25 mg/day MK-677 treatment, mean serum IGF-I concentrations increased into the normal range for young adults (141 +/- 21 microgram/L at baseline, 219 +/- 21 micrograms/L at 2 weeks, and 265 +/- 29 micrograms/L at 4 weeks; P < 0.05). MK-677 produced significant increases in fasting glucose (5.4 +/- 0.3 to 6.8 +/- 0.4 mmol/L at 4 weeks; P < 0.01 vs. baseline) and IGF-binding protein-3. Circulating cortisol concentrations did not change, and PRL concentrations increased 23%, but remained within the normal range. Once daily treatment of older people with oral MK-677 for up to 4 weeks enhanced pulsatile GH release, significantly increased serum GH and IGF-I concentrations, and, at a dose of 25 mg/day, restored serum IGF-I concentrations to those of young adults."