Insulin

DangerDave

DangerDave

Awards
Is insulin discussion allowed on the forums? I don't see much so I am asking before I post up some stuff.

GLHF

GLHF

Awards
  • Established
I believe it is.

Let's start a discussion on safe smart insulin usage.

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
Is insulin discussion allowed on the forums? I don't see much so I am asking before I post up some stuff.
As long as we're not sourcing I think anything goes. I mean look at all the stupid crap people post on here. At least slin discussions with fairly intelligent abusers will be informative and answer questions and help others in the future. This places motto is learn teach lead right?

StanleyG

StanleyG

Awards
I have some slin experience. Kick it off.....

DangerDave

DangerDave

Awards
Ok so I am looking to start bursting it for 10days on 2 weeks off during my upcoming bulk.

I was going to start at 3iu on day 1 and work my way up to 10iu. My big question is carb consumption pwo and that fact I am using humulin R.

I know humulin R kicks in about 30 minutes so 30 minutes before I finish lifting I will pin and start drinking my Creatine, Glutamine, BCAA and 30g of 50/50 potato/dextrose shake. Immediately following lifting I will get down another Shake with 50g pro 30g simple Carbs and eat my sweet potatoes and fruit.

I know they say 10g of carbs per 1iu of slin but that seems excessive. If I am eating 5 meals before I lift and almost 300g of carbs before I lift do I really need 10g per IU post workout?

Any suggestions of ideas on finding my sweet spot in the safest way possible? I feel my plan is solid and as I increase IU my post workout shake will increase in simple sugars and protein. Probably at 5g per iu till I hit 10iu.

Thoughts? Suggestions? I have been reading Duchaine's work and L. Rea's stuff so basing it off that style of slin use.

StanleyG

StanleyG

Awards
Ok so I am looking to start bursting it for 10days on 2 weeks off during my upcoming bulk.

I was going to start at 3iu on day 1 and work my way up to 10iu. My big question is carb consumption pwo and that fact I am using humulin R.

I know humulin R kicks in about 30 minutes so 30 minutes before I finish lifting I will pin and start drinking my Creatine, Glutamine, BCAA and 30g of 50/50 potato/dextrose shake. Immediately following lifting I will get down another Shake with 50g pro 30g simple Carbs and eat my sweet potatoes and fruit.

I know they say 10g of carbs per 1iu of slin but that seems excessive. If I am eating 5 meals before I lift and almost 300g of carbs before I lift do I really need 10g per IU post workout?

Any suggestions of ideas on finding my sweet spot in the safest way possible? I feel my plan is solid and as I increase IU my post workout shake will increase in simple sugars and protein. Probably at 5g per iu till I hit 10iu.

Thoughts? Suggestions? I have been reading Duchaine's work and L. Rea's stuff so basing it off that style of slin use.
Get a blood glucose meter. Never go below 100. My sweet spot is 7g carbs/iu. I gain muscle but not fat at that dose. The BGM is a necessity for slin use imo.

ps- Careful with Duchaine. The man was a genius but not exactly safety conscious.

DangerDave

DangerDave

Awards
Get a blood glucose meter. Never go below 100. My sweet spot is 7g carbs/iu. I gain muscle but not fat at that dose. The BGM is a necessity for slin use imo.

ps- Careful with Duchaine. The man was a genius but not exactly safety conscious.
For sure man. I totally forgot to mention I got a BGM. Thanks. I will be running it with 5iu GH ed broken into 2 shots. I want to experiment because next bulk I want to do bursts of GH/Slin at 10iu GH and 10iu Slin Am/Pm ED 10on 14off. And duchaine was smart as hell but gave no fuks when it came to safety for sure haha.

Do you use it prewo, mid or post? How often do ypu take glucose samples?

StanleyG

StanleyG

Awards
For sure man. I totally forgot to mention I got a BGM. Thanks. I will be running it with 5iu GH ed broken into 2 shots. I want to experiment because next bulk I want to do bursts of GH/Slin at 10iu GH and 10iu Slin Am/Pm ED 10on 14off. And duchaine was smart as hell but gave no fuks when it came to safety for sure haha.

Do you use it prewo, mid or post? How often do ypu take glucose samples?
I have used it all 3 and believe it or not with r i like pre the best. When i first got BGM I was testing all the time. Def test pre , post (30 mins) Post 1st carb. pre 2nd carb and post 2nd carb. Its alotbut it will tell u how u r responding and u can adjust accordingly.

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
I have used it all 3 and believe it or not with r i like pre the best. When i first got BGM I was testing all the time. Def test pre , post (30 mins) Post 1st carb. pre 2nd carb and post 2nd carb. Its alotbut it will tell u how u r responding and u can adjust accordingly.
Were you kind of locked down after lifting? Like incase an emergency scenario? or would you just venture out w some sugary stuff?

jw, this is a very interesting topic which I would like to learn more about from users.

StanleyG

StanleyG

Awards
Were you kind of locked down after lifting? Like incase an emergency scenario? or would you just venture out w some sugary stuff?

jw, this is a very interesting topic which I would like to learn more about from users.
Intra workout carb pro drink seemed to work fine to keep that totally at bay.

DangerDave

DangerDave

Awards
How would you run it pre? I am interested to see how your carb intake was set up pre workout, intra and post.

Most if my reading has been done in the small window immediately after lifting.

I have it all to start but am waiting for my bulk GH to show up. I am just learning the last few things and asking my questions.

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
Too much Risk:Gain ratio but that is just my opinion. I'll leave that to the serious bros.

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
How would you run it pre? I am interested to see how your carb intake was set up pre workout, intra and post.

Most if my reading has been done in the small window immediately after lifting.

I have it all to start but am waiting for my bulk GH to show up. I am just learning the last few things and asking my questions.

i just dug up the standard pre work out protocol i've seen for slin pwo. its a copy and paste because i dont want to/am too lazy to type it out. I've still never used slin so i cant comment on effectiveness or really answer questions. i'm mostly in here for learning purposes.

"The best single time is pre-workout, although you need to adhere to specific diet protocols.

Here is a pre-workout insulin protocol, which will kick your ass. Your not going to fnd a pre-workout protocol, which works better. I have tried dozens of different programs in my clients and none of them work as well.

Of course, keep in mind that there are many different ways to run insulin, but if your limiting it to only at workout times, try the following. 10 lbs in 1-2 weeks is common.

Lastly, I will assume you are thoroughy familiar with Insulin and know what signs to look for in the event of hypoglycemia. I am not going to type out all the warning signs or what to do in the event of a hypoglycemic attack. However, the following program is very unlikely to result in any type of serious hypoglycemic event, even in those with extreme inuslin sensitivity. I am also unaware of your bodyweight or dietary needs, so I will write a program which should be suitable for 1st time nsulin users between 200-250 lbs.

30 minutes before workout
Inject 15 IU Humalog
60 grams Vitargo, Karbolyn (or similar).
20 grams of Hydrolyzed protein (whey, casein, or beef).
4.5 grams Leucine.
4.5 grams GPLC.
5 grams Micronized creatine monohydrate.
2 grams Beta alanine.
15 grams Glycerol monostearate
10 grams glutamine.
3 grams Taurine.
2 grams vitamin C.
500 mg Potassium.

60 minutes later
20 grams Hydrolyzed protein (whey, casein, or beef).
4.5 grams Leucine.
5 grams Micronized creatine monohydrate.
2 grams Beta alanine.
15 grams Glycerol monostearate.
10 grams glutamine.
3 grams Taurine.

60 minutes later
20 grams hydrolyzed protyein (whey, casein, or beef).

Note: You should consume a regular meal within 3-4 hours of beginning this protocol. Also, I don't recomnmend doing it if it has been 5 or more hours since you heve last eaten, as your blood suagr will be pretty low when you start....so try to get in your last meal within 3 to no more than 4 hours before beginning the protocol.

Lastly, since you will be drinking your last shake either at the end of your workout or very close to it (unless you workout for many hours), there is no need to eat a whole food meal assoonas the workout is over. You can wait a good hour after consuming your fina shake before eating a post-workout meal, as your body will already be supplied with all the nutrients it needs to grow.

This program will work very well for you. Give it a shot. 15 IU is a good starting dose of insulin for a pre-wrkout protocol. The amount of carbs and protien provided is more than enough to use up 15 IU of Slin, but if it worries you, somply use 10 IU for your 1st time and then go up to 15 the next time. Your pumps will be through the ****in' roof and you will quickly gain fullness, size and overall bodyweight. Bottom line: You will feel like you are using AAS for your first time all over again and will look much bigger within just 2 weeks. It will work better if you follow this protocol at least 5 times a week. Guys who train only 3 or 4 days a week don't notice quit as good of results because they're only using Slin 3-4 times per week."

Bigman4

Awards
Run your insulin for a longer period of time like 4 weeks start out at 5ius or so and add 1iu everyday until you hit 10ius then stay at 10ius for a few days. After that you can do morning shots after breakfast and then a shot post workout also 5g of carbs is fine until you hit higher doses then you'll have to up your carb intake and be sure to have glucose tabs or some fruit juice on you at all times

GLHF

GLHF

Awards
  • Established
I've done humalin r 3x day 3days a week for 3 weeks recently. It's only way I've used it and I find it helpful. I started at 3-4iu but I was doin 10-12iu per shot after couple days. I dose pre breakfast again mid day and pre wo althought I can dose post wo too since u have some slin lingering around with the r. I have a shake of whey glutamine and creatine post most shots or a big meal high pro high complex carbs. I would relay mostly on pasta for carbs but I do have gummy bears n **** on deck in my gym bag.

Try it this way before u do 2-4week Ed.

I would do major muscle groups on the slin days. I do not have HGH.
If ur trying to not gain fat than slin is prob not best compound. Maybe with HGH it's lean gains but not so much without.

This protocol came from pro muscle. It's very popular there

DangerDave

DangerDave

Awards
I've done humalin r 3x day 3days a week for 3 weeks recently. It's only way I've used it and I find it helpful. I started at 3-4iu but I was doin 10-12iu per shot after couple days. I dose pre breakfast again mid day and pre wo althought I can dose post wo too since u have some slin lingering around with the r. I have a shake of whey glutamine and creatine post most shots or a big meal high pro high complex carbs. I would relay mostly on pasta for carbs but I do have gummy bears n **** on deck in my gym bag.

Try it this way before u do 2-4week Ed.

I would do major muscle groups on the slin days. I do not have HGH.
If ur trying to not gain fat than slin is prob not best compound. Maybe with HGH it's lean gains but not so much without.

This protocol came from pro muscle. It's very popular there
Thanks man. I am running with GH and that will help keep fat down. GH will shift my metabolism to burning fat for fuel while blood sugar levels are high.

GH will be dose 1-2hrs after slin shot. I will know timing after I use a BGM and figure put at what point my body peaks. 45 minutes after peak will be GH injection of 5iu. I am running a trial run mainly to get my Blood levels timed for injections with my GH.

I start GH tuesday next week and will be on 5iu ed split in 2 shots all the way through april (my show). That's why I want to test the slin early so after my show in the off season I can run bursts of 10iu GH and 20-30iu Slin ED. Those are the doses I can reach serious hypersplasia.

I have some interesting literature from Thibedeux (spell check) and L. Rea about running the 2 compounds together to get hypersplasia and keep fat gain at bay or even loss fat. Its good stuff.

GLHF

GLHF

Awards
  • Established
Fuk bro I wish I can take growth after my slin shots. Te slin already gives a constant fullness/pump I can't imagine with growth.

If I eat mostly Clean food meals like chicken/pasta and eggs/oats with 30iu slin/day I lose 2-3lbs and that's with a high surplus of mostly clean cals.

The ****ty thing about it is sometimes a shot would make me supper hungry like ghrp6. I can't stop eating and that obviously is not gonna result in Lean gains. But it should be different if u have HGH in there.

Workout , slin , HGH and stay at a buffet for 3-4 hours lol.

There is def a lot of potential in insulin.

DangerDave

DangerDave

Awards
Thanks man. I read that stuff. Its an interesting read for sure. I got some more awesome literature and this weekend if I have time I am going to type it up.

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
Ok lets keep this discussion going..

I assume you can develop a tolerance or something to insulin if you keep using an exogenous source?? Anyone care to elaborate or share personal stories?

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

I would go upwards of 25/unit insulin

Remember post workout your sensitivity is better as is uptake

Also your not diabetic so 10-15 g carb per iu is generally for diabetics on insulin

Better ton start at a higher number and work your way down vs potential hypoglycemia

If I were you I'd hit 5 Ius insulin with 100 carbs

DangerDave

DangerDave

Awards
I would go upwards of 25/unit insulin

Remember post workout your sensitivity is better as is uptake

Also your not diabetic so 10-15 g carb per iu is generally for diabetics on insulin

Better ton start at a higher number and work your way down vs potential hypoglycemia

If I were you I'd hit 5 Ius insulin with 100 carbs
Ok that's great info. As of now I consume just over 100g postworkout. Some in my shake, a piece of fruit and 12oz sweet potato that I smash before I leave the gym. All I have to do is adjust the type of carbs.

Lets get into some carb discussion and cover some post workout diet.
Lets base it off my post workout meal right now. Its usually around 6pm at the gym- (remember I am not usung slin yet)-

5g glutamine
5g BCAA
5g CEE (creatine ethyl ester)
1mg Vit C
Fish oil
200Mg ALA
8g leucine
50g Protein
100G carbs (12oz sweet potato and 1piece fruit)

How would you adjust for 5iu insulin?

Bigman4

Awards
Ok lets keep this discussion going.. I assume you can develop a tolerance or something to insulin if you keep using an exogenous source?? Anyone care to elaborate or share personal stories?
If you run insulin for too long you will eventually develop an insulin resistance which basically makes you diabetic. I know a guy who used it for a full year with no breaks that now is resistant to insulin and must wear a heart monitor on him at all times so be careful with insulin but at the same time it's not that hard to understand once you get into it

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
I believe it is.

Let's start a discussion on safe smart insulin usage.
yeah I say sdotn use it. somehtign that can so easly kill you should not be taken lightly. i know ill never use it. but got no prob with 1g of test ew.

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
yeah I say sdotn use it. somehtign that can so easly kill you should not be taken lightly. i know ill never use it. but got no prob with 1g of test ew.
Lol. 1g of test can kill you. Getting out of bed can kill you. Driving to work can kill you. Eating that chicken breast for dinner can kill you. All easily. There's precautions to protect against all of that. This is a thread discussing safe insulin usage. Not discussing not using it. Slin used right is a fantastic tool to break the genetic barrier wide open.

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
Lol. 1g of test can kill you. Getting out of bed can kill you. Driving to work can kill you. Eating that chicken breast for dinner can kill you. All easily. There's precautions to protect against all of that. This is a thread discussing safe insulin usage. Not discussing not using it. Slin used right is a fantastic tool to break the genetic barrier wide open.
I do not agree with your comparison. s SMALL miscalculation or general mistake in dose can kill you. VERY small... not the same as the rest you mention....

Slappy244

Slappy244

Awards
I do not agree with your comparison. s SMALL miscalculation or general mistake in dose can kill you. VERY small... not the same as the rest you mention....
2 words, natural selection.

i highly doubt people who are actively doing research into safely using insulin will accidentally inject too much. if anything, NOT having this discussion is potentially deadly.

DangerDave

DangerDave

Awards
We are losing focus here. Insulin is dangerous yes but I didn't start this thread to discuss "dangers" but rather the proper use and protocols. So lets stay on track and I will start a thread for Slin safety and post some literature for those looking into this for the first time

Bigman4

Awards
Slin can be dangerous if you dot know what your doing with it but if you know what your doing and do your homework it's just as safe as any other drug out there you can't say it's not safe if you haven't bothered to research or try it yourself it's rather simple to be honest and this is coming from someone who has used it before

GLHF

GLHF

Awards
  • Established
I think if ur retarted brain "accidentally" pinned 100 units if slin instead to 10, I don't think you will die as LONG AS you eat carbs.

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
I think if ur retarted brain "accidentally" pinned 100 units if slin instead to 10, I don't think you will die as LONG AS you eat carbs.
I see tons of posts like this on pro muscle where dudes have pinned way more than anyone should and they're still kicking.

Dd you gonna go with pre or post workout slin?

Slappy244

Slappy244

Awards
I see tons of posts like this on pro muscle where dudes have pinned way more than anyone should and they're still kicking.

what did they do? make really sweet kool-aid?

1 cup sugar = 200g carbs

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
what did they do? make really sweet kool-aid? 1 cup sugar = 200g carbs
Hell if I can remember. Probably something along those lines. I know a few of that forums sponsors offer like pure dextrose drinks and stuff like that so I imagine something like that would have been done.

Bigman4

Awards
Dd I would suggest going with post workout to begin because it makes you tired after you take it and you don't want to feel tired during your workout or atleast until you know how tired it makes you and you get used to it

DangerDave

DangerDave

Awards
I am going to start doing post then switch to pre after I gather some data on how I react.

I started my GH 3 days ago. I am running 3iu ed split in 2 dose. Let me say Holy Fuk! My dudes got the legit stuff. After each pin I wanna eat everything and go into a coma lol. I am a VERY heavy sleeper as is so exogeneous GH apprently beats me down. I could sleep standing 1hr after pinning.

I go back on cycle next week. I have been getting blood work weekly for the last 2 weeks and got one more test to get. I am cruising at 300mg Test E and 150mg Mast E right now.

My cycle will be 4iu GH from next week till end of April.
Week 1-10 Sust/Mast/Tren and SUPERDROL!
week 11-15 Break
Week 16-26 Same as 1-10 but most likely drop SD use Winny and bring in Primo.

End of week 26 will be my show. Me and my coach are still working out doseage stuff. We both agree in running the least amount possible and let diet, training and GH do the bulk of the work. The gear will just speed it all up.

This Is how slin will fit in...
I train afternoon arpund 4pm. I pin GH at 530am, 12-1pm.
Slin-

Week 1- 5iu at wakeup, 5iu post wo.
Hold this dose for 1week and collect blood sugar level data.
Week 2- 5iu wakeup, 10iu post workout. And get data.
Week 3- 10iu preworkout. Compare data and carb timing.

I eat so much food now I am not sweating carbs. My diet is at 3700 calories ed and that is to leangain while cruising. My carb timing is practically set up for slin already in my meals all I need is to adjust my carb types. It is mostly complex stuff like sweet potatoes, black beans, brown rice and ezekiel bread.

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
I still need a growth guy. I've been finding rips but 170 a kit seems fishy As fuk.

Digging the new cycle. Your not running drol for the whole first 10 weeks right?

DangerDave

DangerDave

Awards
I still need a growth guy. I've been finding rips but 170 a kit seems fishy As fuk.

Digging the new cycle. Your not running drol for the whole first 10 weeks right?
Yeah man that price is whack. Probably legit just WAY underdosed. Goid rips should be in the 250-300 range and those are certified batch numbered kits.

No drol for 5 weeks haha. Good catch I missed that.

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
Yeah man that price is whack. Probably legit just WAY underdosed. Goid rips should be in the 250-300 range and those are certified batch numbered kits. No drol for 5 weeks haha. Good catch I missed that.
I was scared for your liver bro. Lmao.

DangerDave

DangerDave

Awards
I was scared for your liver bro. Lmao.
Hahaha. I was more worried about BP. I would look like Larry the lobster on Spongebob. Jacked and red as fuk.

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
Hahaha. I was more worried about BP. I would look like Larry the lobster on Spongebob. Jacked and red as fuk.
You might have looked like bob when cirrhosis kicked in

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
At least you wouldn't have to tan...there's an upside to everything DD

DangerDave

DangerDave

Awards
At least you wouldn't have to tan...there's an upside to everything DD
Haha I actually have to start tanning next week haha. My coach told me to get tanner so he doesn't have to look at my pale skrawny a$$

ajbogs

ajbogs

Awards
As a type 1 diabetic, all I have to say is be careful. Things I have noticed with weight lifting and diabetes/using insulin every day is try and stay low carb until pre/post workout. The less insulin spikes you have the better for your body.

Since I am going to assume OP is a lean mean killing machine, you insulin sensitivity is pretty high, i would suggest the carb to insulin ratio start at 15:1. Also, if you feel like your sensitivity is dropping, start taking cinnamon supplements, I found it helps me use less insulin.

If you're feeling dizzy, light headed, cold sweats, tongue goes numbs, and get a deer in the head lights look, EAT CARBS. You may be going hypoglycemic (sugar drops to unsafe levels). Always keep a small snack 15g carbs. You can pick up glucose tabs at walmart and they'll kick up your numbers real fast

Monitor your blood sugar consistantly. I would say 5 times a day would be safe and would help you dial in your numbers and ratios. I personally use a One Touch Ultra Smart, you can hook it up to a computer and if you download the software from their website, you can graph your numbers and add notes so you have a nice digital logbook.

I know things are different from a diabetic to a bodybuilders aspect, but I would hate to see someone mess themselves up from insulin.

DangerDave

DangerDave

Awards
As a type 1 diabetic, all I have to say is be careful. Things I have noticed with weight lifting and diabetes/using insulin every day is try and stay low carb until pre/post workout. The less insulin spikes you have the better for your body.

Since I am going to assume OP is a lean mean killing machine, you insulin sensitivity is pretty high, i would suggest the carb to insulin ratio start at 15:1. Also, if you feel like your sensitivity is dropping, start taking cinnamon supplements, I found it helps me use less insulin.

If you're feeling dizzy, light headed, cold sweats, tongue goes numbs, and get a deer in the head lights look, EAT CARBS. You may be going hypoglycemic (sugar drops to unsafe levels). Always keep a small snack 15g carbs. You can pick up glucose tabs at walmart and they'll kick up your numbers real fast

Monitor your blood sugar consistantly. I would say 5 times a day would be safe and would help you dial in your numbers and ratios. I personally use a One Touch Ultra Smart, you can hook it up to a computer and if you download the software from their website, you can graph your numbers and add notes so you have a nice digital logbook.

I know things are different from a diabetic to a bodybuilders aspect, but I would hate to see someone mess themselves up from insulin.
Very good info man! Thanks and yes I am on the lean and large size. 208 and 10% at 5'8".

I actually have that exact bgm because I can plug it in my computer and chart my stuff. I do eat my carbs during certain times already and control my natural insulin spikes in my diet. My coach has me eating 7 meals a day. I would post my meal plan but that's a private matter that I pay my coach to do for me and don't wanna spread it around. Rest assured its locked on.

I do eat cinnamon during the day to help my sensitivity as well as use ALA.

I appreciate you replying. Seeing that I am doing what you would do and others recommend shows me that I did my research and sought out the right help before I plunge.

I won't be starting crazy high or anything insane just low dose and bring up dose as I monitor my Blood sugar and collect data.

ajbogs

ajbogs

Awards
Good to hear everything is working out good. If you have any questions regarding insulin and symptoms or anything, message me. It looks like you're on the right path! Good luck!

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Subbed.. from the "other" insulin thread.

StanleyG

StanleyG

Awards
Ok lets keep this discussion going..

I assume you can develop a tolerance or something to insulin if you keep using an exogenous source?? Anyone care to elaborate or share personal stories?
Sorry I haven't posted . I have been away. Yes you can. This is another are where a BGM is a necessity. When you fnd you blood sugar starting to rise it is a sign of insulin resistance developing. You need to either take a break or go 5days on 2 off and on the off days use a GDA (glucose disposal agent) to offset this effect. Honestly for the less advanced I recommend taking a break of a few week and hopping back on. Also the 5 on 2 off is not a bad protocol to adapt in any case right from go.

ajbogs

ajbogs

Awards
Cardio helps maintain insulin sensitivity. I don't necessarily mean running 5 miles but running hills, suicides, bear crawls, stuff that really gets the blood pumping and makes you breath hard. (At least it works well for me)