IGF-ok, now I am really worried :(

wantmoresize

Awards
My research with IGF ended about 1 month ago and the numbness in my arms every single night I sleep is becoming unbearable and does not go away until about lunchtime the next day--can anyone help??? PLEASE?!?!?

wantmoresize

Awards
I looked up some carpal tunnel sites and it seems that is what it is but never showed up until IGF numbness runs from elbow to fingertips (thumb to middle) and is severe while sleeping and not too bad during the day

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
I wonder why it is while you are sleeping and then goes away.

Is this the same if someone has a bad reaction to HGH does anyone know?

Is it possible you picked up 10 or more pounds of muscle/fat and you now sleep in a different position such as with your arms above your head?

Since IGF1 is completely legal as far as I know, I would suggest you go to a Dr.

Bouncer79

Awards
I havent used IGF. But I have packed on significant size the past 2 years and I now get exactly the same problem with numbness. My back has gotten so much more dense that when I lay on my back my arms move back much more to touch the bed. If I dose off like that I am guaranteed to lose all feeling. The same goes if I am on my stomach and have my arls up over my head. It doesnt last for hours but it can take 30-45 minutes to cease.

MuscleResearch

MuscleResearch

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I was thinking about their suggestions as well. If signficiant size has been added it could cause such problems. I know I have experienced this from simply being too big. I honestly do not think the igf could have caused such a thing. Maybe someone else will chime in with opinion though

-MR

michaelton

Board Supporter
Awards
Most likely it is carpal tunnel syndrome and is unrelated to the IGF.

When you are asleep you are probably placing your wrists in a volarflexed position, and this increases the pressure in the carpal tunnel. The median nerve passes through the tunnel, and its sensory distribution is the the skin on the thumb, and index/middle fingers.

Try getting some splints that keep your wrists in a neutral position, and wear them while sleeping. A short course of NSAIDS might help as well.

jaxsys

Banned
Awards
YOU MIGHT HAVE ACROMEGALY CAUSE BY IGF-1

I looked up some carpal tunnel sites and it seems that is what it is but never showed up until IGF numbness runs from elbow to fingertips (thumb to middle) and is severe while sleeping and not too bad during the day
Acromegaly is caused by prolonged overproduction of GH by the pituitary gland. The pituitary is a small gland at the base of the brain that produces several important hormones to control body functions such as growth and development, reproduction, and metabolism. GH is part of a cascade of hormones that, as the name implies, regulates the physical growth of the body. This cascade begins in a part of the brain called the hypothalamus, which makes hormones that regulate the pituitary. One of these, growth hormone-releasing hormone (GHRH), stimulates the pituitary gland to produce GH. Another hypothalamic hormone, somatostatin, inhibits GH production and release. Secretion of GH by the pituitary into the bloodstream causes the production of another hormone, called insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1), in the liver. IGF-1 is the factor that actually causes the growth of bones and other tissues of the body. IGF-1, in turn, signals the pituitary to reduce GH production. GHRH, somatostatin, GH, and IGF-1 levels in the body are tightly regulated by each other and by sleep, exercise, stress, food intake and blood sugar levels. If the pituitary continues to make GH independent of the normal regulatory mechanisms, the level of IGF-1 continues to rise, leading to bone growth and organ enlargement. The excess GH also causes changes in sugar and lipid metabolism and can cause diabetes.

When tissue thickens, it may trap nerves, causing carpal tunnel syndrome, characterized by numbness and weakness of the hands. Other symptoms of Acromegaly include thick, coarse, oily skin; skin tags; enlarged lips, nose and tongue; deepening of the voice due to enlarged sinuses and vocal cords; snoring due to upper airway obstruction; excessive sweating and skin odor; fatigue and weakness; headaches; impaired vision; abnormalities of the menstrual cycle and sometimes breast discharge in women; and impotence in men. There may be enlargement of body organs, including the liver, spleen, kidneys and heart.

Any of this symptoms may be a sing of Acromegaly if you’re taking Lr3-IGF-1

The most serious health consequences of Acromegaly are diabetes mellitus, hypertension, and increased risk of cardiovascular disease. Patients with Acromegaly are also at increased risk for polyps of the colon that can develop into cancer.

Many guys on this forum have sings of Acromegaly, this suggests that the doses your taking is to high, lay off it for a wile and see if you get better, if your condition persists then see a doctor.

I’m currently on a cycle of igf-1 and I’m taking 30mcg ED diluted on a slinpin up to 40u then inject 5u IM to each muscle just worked, this way your muscle has a better chance to absorb the IGF-1 rather then going to the blood stream where it can cause many side effects. This is my first cycle on IGF-1 with incredible results. I’ve done my home work on IGF-1 and I think this is a good way, but that is only my opinion

I hope this helps you and good luck.

Please let us know what your results are or at least if you'r still alive

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I think a diagnosis of acromegaly is a bit premature.

Acromegaly generally only happens in atheletes who use massive quantities of HGH for long periods of time and I'm running on the assumption that WANTMORE didn't fork out the doe to do $20,000 dollars worth of IGF. Let's not jump the gun. Symptoms are far more consistent with carpal tunnel with complicating factors.

Really, it does sound a lot like carpal tunnel that's aggrevated by BBing and putting on size. I cannot sleep on my back anymore due to arm numbness and I'm only 176 right now. When I was 200 it was very hard to find any position that was comfortable and I sleep on a Tempur-Pedic.

I have to stretch a lot to keep both carpal tunnel and rotator cuffs limber enough to keep pain and numbness away.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
I was thinking the same thing as bioman.. damn, let's try not to scare the holy hell out of someone yet.. I would be leaning more toward carpal tunnel and I have a feeling you had some of it before you started the IGF-1. I would suggest talking to your doctor about hitting PT for carpal tunnel then see if some of the symptoms hit the road
Small hijack, bioman PM me on how you like the tempur-pedic...

supercrunch

supercrunch

Awards
guys last year I had numbness in my fingertips and tingleing down my forarms upon waking for at least 2 months. I was not taking igf nor hgh. I was cycling trenbolone and test at the time and was pushing new limits with my pumps in the gym. at times I had to stop excercising because of intensity of the pumps. well to make a long story short, the numbness did go away eventually. I hope that this helps to ease your mind a little. The reason I did not cut the cycle was because the numbness was not constant, but that was my decision. If the problem persists or even worsens definately go see a doc. I seriously doubt it is the igf, seems more like what I went through....growing pains

drumirvin

Awards
Just a thought...do to varied muscle growth in the anterior deltoid, your brachial plexus may have become constricted. I get this often and was diagnosed with this problem. I doubt the IGF-1 is causing this...seeing as your numbess seems to be asymptomatic and usually happens more when sleeping...it leads me to believe it's the whole brachial plexus being squeezed...try stretching your arm back behind you or perform a standing pec stretch....and see if the tingly feeling subsides for a second. Just my one and a half cents...

Parteeman

Awards
I have experienced exactly the same numbness/pain running from my elbow to my wrists during my IGF cycle. It generally subsides, however, a couple of hours after waking up, leaving only a little achiness to deal with. I understand that this is a very common side effect of both GH and IGF. I also understand that acromegaly can only be aggravated by GH and IGF, not caused. It's apparently a disease that either you have or you don't; GH and IGF can't give it to you if you don't already have it. But if you do, GH and IGF are not for you.

Boss_K

Awards
  • Established
the old gh that they first came out with could give you some disease, i forgot the name of it. thats cuz it was taken from cadavers and "sterilized"....no thanks.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Old school hgh had prions and other contaminants that could give you several diseases including brain cancer if the cadaver had active cancer cells at the time of death.

Creepy huh?

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
I was thinking about their suggestions as well. If signficiant size has been added it could cause such problems. I know I have experienced this from simply being too big. I honestly do not think the igf could have caused such a thing. Maybe someone else will chime in with opinion though

-MR
Bump to this.

I'm not that big at all, but I noticed that when I was rapidly gaining size I would wake up every night with my arms as limp as spaghetti. It was rididulous. It eventually stopped happening though.

I've talked to a few guys who used to be really big (or area really big) and they say that just happens, bro.

Nate Dawg

Awards
  • Established
the old gh that they first came out with could give you some disease, i forgot the name of it. thats cuz it was taken from cadavers and "sterilized"....no thanks.
Jacob Kreutzfeld or however you spell it. But I think that disease does something to your brain and the way you think.

Snachito

Board Supporter
Awards
Jacob Kreutzfeld or however you spell it. But I think that disease does something to your brain and the way you think.
It's pretty much the human version of "mad cow disease", where your brain starts to look like swiss cheese.

brogers

Awards
  • Established
I've read that your IGF-1 levels need to be at supraphysiological doses for a period of several months for side effects to start occurring (such as acromegaly). I'm small at a mere 165 lbs (5'9) and my arms can go numb in the night when I sleep, however the feeling comes back pretty quick. I hope this makes you feel better about your situation, in that at least that your choice to research IGF-1 did not cause your problems most likeley.

iridiumblue

Awards
Have had nerve problems/tendon problems for seven years. Can give you a few explanations for what could be making it worse. When on steriods our tendons cannot keep up the muscles increases in size. This can cause even more stress on the already stressed tendons. They can inflame and cause a pinched nerve and serious pain. Sleeping habbits would make this worse for sure. If you sleep in the fetal position w/wrist curled under your chin or wrist curled w/arm under pillow this will aggravate it worse. This constant stretch of the tendon causes hyperextension on the tendon and you can wake up miserable from it and with a case of the "claw" (arthritic like bent fingers). Normally the curled wrist thing wouldn't be a problem but with tendons and muscles already stressed from steriods it intensifies it at least three fold. I am telling you this from experience. Try wearing wrist splints at night to keep you from bending your wrist (works for me) and waking up from wrenching pain. Also, cortizone shots (a few help better than one) can help lessen the inflamation and sometimes cure it. FYI my wife is a Physical Therapist...she keeps me up to date on treatments and common causes. Hope this helped out bro......good luck, go see an orthopedic doctor.

charger

Banned
Awards
I get numbness on my left arm. But only the proximal to the body. It was either from the anthrax or the needle pinched a nerve. Its been over 5 years and hasn't improved.

SD1959

Awards
See a good masssage therapist for an eval. Very possible you've got an impingement pinching a nerve.

bardag

Awards
im using UK p-gh, on my fifth day now. two nights ago i woke with dead arms throughout the night. it took all day to recover but even now my arms down to my little fingers dont feel quite right, but perhaps im imagining it (slightest weakness on the posterior surface of my forearms down to my fingers but noticeable). it hasnt happened since. it was on my 3rd night at EOD dose @.50ml if it happens again i'll be going of it.

and i definately wouldnt put it down to carpal tunnel, (ive been bigger than this)

any new research? wonder how wantmoresize is doing..?

btw i dont know how to work out how many IU .50ml of P-GH is.. any ideas??

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
im using UK p-gh, on my fifth day now. two nights ago i woke with dead arms throughout the night. it took all day to recover but even now my arms down to my little fingers dont feel quite right, but perhaps im imagining it (slightest weakness on the posterior surface of my forearms down to my fingers but noticeable). it hasnt happened since. it was on my 3rd night at EOD dose @.50ml if it happens again i'll be going of it.

and i definately wouldnt put it down to carpal tunnel, (ive been bigger than this)

just ordered up 3 months worth myself. have you noticed any effect besides dead arms? i get dead arms every night and recently gained 5 pounds that i believe are responsible for it. i wake up int he middle of the night and have to move my arm and that is basically the end of it. sleeping in the fetal position is what causes the problem for me, always in the arm that is "under" my body. have had this problem for almost 2 months, 4 nights a week. no biggie

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
This happened to me as well.
When I began my IGF, I noticed tingleing in my hands. Definately when I slept, but also all the time when I was awake. If I was ling on the cvouch, I got the tingles. I got them mostly in my left hand, sometimes in my right though.
At the time I began riding my bike to work, so I attributed it to the constant preasure on my palms from the handlebars.
I finished my IGF cycle, (I never did pout on any weight with it). I did however, put on 10lbs thanx to SD beforhand. I never noticed the numbness untill a little after starting IGF, and I took it for about a month. I ended my run Jan 31st this year. The problem persisted for the next month.
In all honesty though, I couldnt tell you exactly what date it ended. I never even thought about that it had stopped until I just read your post.
I DO know however, that it was still going on in the begining of March.

max-rot98

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
wow old as$ thread. ANyway, I thought I would mention any time i go through any sudden burst of growth I have all kinds of f'd up sides. Numbness and tingling in arms when sleeping is one. It hurts but oh well it goes away. I wouldn't get too worried about it, as it happens to every single big guy I know. Try stuffing pillows under your arms and if that doesn't work try the splint thing. I haven't tried igf though so I don't know if its the same feeling but sounds close.

Its sleep apnia(sp?) that scares me. My girlfriend told me I have been doing this the past couple nights, though I don't recall.

bodysculpt

Awards

was so chonged i posted under my mates username..

second week now, its happened once since then but was very mild, theres been no change in my musculature (i should know :s) so i cant put it down to carpal tunnel or anyty other reason. so im leaning towards some sort of physiological reaction to the p-gh (as to why, i wouldnt have a clue)

and ohh yeah... SD was the **** :) thats the only successful experience ive ever had with "supps" would love to do it again but im sure its receded my hair line.. Paranoia maybe..