is BA water required, or sterile distilled okay?

  1. Advanced Member
    gaijininjapan's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Age
    32
    Posts
    650
    Rep Power
    443
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    80.46%

    is BA water required, or sterile distilled okay?


    Okay, so here's the question...

    I'm going to make some 0.6% AA solution, but before that, I want to make some sterile buffer/backfill solution. Can I used sterile distilled water, or do I have to use BA water? what about using some saline solution?

    I figure I can either use regular salt and distilled water mix, or buy sterile saline solution, and run it through a 0.2 filter. However, is distilled water by itself suitable for injection? if I use 0.6%AA to dilute IGF, can I backfill w/ just sterile distilled water? and will sterile distilled water last in a vial? or MUST it be BA water? if so, why?

    paying more shipping that BA water is worth sounds stupid IMO... that's the main reason, and I have everything else already.

  2. New Member
    956Vette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    155
    Rep Power
    236
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    85.31%

    Quote Originally Posted by gaijininjapan View Post
    paying more shipping that BA water is worth sounds stupid IMO...
    Pay for it done right.

    $15-20, a quick e-commerce transaction...or waste time playing MacGyver and rolling the dice - sounds silly & impatient imo
  3. Advanced Member
    gaijininjapan's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Age
    32
    Posts
    650
    Rep Power
    443
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    80.46%

    If I'm already making AA, it doesn't take much more time to make some NaCL. AA has to be made anyways since it's not sold. I have some BA NaCL solution on the way already.

    After more research, what causes the necrosis at the inject site? the AA or the hypotonic environment?
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    956Vette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    155
    Rep Power
    236
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    85.31%

    Quote Originally Posted by gaijininjapan View Post
    If I'm already making AA, it doesn't take much more time to make some NaCL. AA has to be made anyways since it's not sold. I have some BA NaCL solution on the way already.
    Makes more sense, thank you. A highly acidic injection could be harmful...that's the warning
  5. Advanced Member
    gaijininjapan's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Age
    32
    Posts
    650
    Rep Power
    443
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    80.46%

    So standard sterile NaCl would suffice, especially if the slin pin is backfilled and frozen for later use. This would negate the need for the benzyl alch preservative correct?

    Just wondering... I got 2 bottles of usp BA NaCl coming my way, so this is more of a theoretical question now. As for the acidity, igf is most stable in an acidic solution (0.6 AA), but does a more neutral solution destroy it? or merely reduce shelf-life (which wouldn't matter if it's frozen immediately or injected immediately anyways).

    In addition, if all the IGF-LR3 slin pins were first backfilled and frozen for later use, and thawed the day before use, wouldn't that negate the requirement of having to use AA, and thus the sting and necrosis associated with it?

    Which leads to another issue of the varying stability reports of IGF reconstituted with BA and AA...

    can anyone answer these questions? (sorry, just me being too academic, and not wanting to study for school)
  6. New Member
    956Vette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    155
    Rep Power
    236
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    85.31%

    Quote Originally Posted by gaijininjapan View Post
    So standard sterile NaCl would suffice, especially if the slin pin is backfilled and frozen for later use. This would negate the need for the benzyl alch preservative correct?

    Just wondering... I got 2 bottles of usp BA NaCl coming my way, so this is more of a theoretical question now. As for the acidity, igf is most stable in an acidic solution (0.6 AA), but does a more neutral solution destroy it? or merely reduce shelf-life (which wouldn't matter if it's frozen immediately or injected immediately anyways).

    In addition, if all the IGF-LR3 slin pins were first backfilled and frozen for later use, and thawed the day before use, wouldn't that negate the requirement of having to use AA, and thus the sting and necrosis associated with it?

    Which leads to another issue of the varying stability reports of IGF reconstituted with BA and AA...

    can anyone answer these questions? (sorry, just me being too academic, and not wanting to study for school)
    Yes sir, standard bact nacl suffices with IGF-1 analogs. Drive-by sound bites and cliff notes can lead to fear/hype marketing Acetic acid mixtures for reconstitution. The NaCl or simple bact water are just fine for IGF-1 research - long term storage hardly makes sense to me.
    If you wanted to mix Lr3 with bact nacl, leave a little bubble and freeze - go for it! thawing just takes minutes or seconds warming up between your fingers prior to injection.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Purified Water VS. Distilled Water?!?!
    By Z28Luver7777 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 08-27-2010, 08:46 AM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-24-2008, 05:56 PM
  3. Distilled Water goes All The Whey ;)
    By Distilled Water in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-12-2008, 05:35 AM
  4. Distilled H2O=Distilled Water
    By Distilled H2O in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-30-2007, 12:13 PM
  5. Sterile water or is bottled water ok?
    By allnamesrused in forum Bulking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-30-2007, 04:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in