1. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.91%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

MK-677

Not much talk about this over here but maybe someone is thinking of trying it and if so what's stopping you?

I'm going to order some and run it for about 3-6 months. I'm debating doing blood work before or during to see how high it boosts things. I'm wondering will it boost GH above normal for me or just up to about where I was at 19-22 years old so we will see how things play out soon enough.

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.49%

There is some good info on MK-0677 on Dat's forum. Personally I won't be running it after reading the information on one of his posts. Why you ask? Because of desensitization. I'm not going to copy and paste the information, Dat hates that crap and i'm one of few who actually respect his wishes. I do however recommend joining his forum and reading the thread "Growth Hormone Secretagogues". Also, It has a 24 half life... So your bodies first pulse might be pretty big, then later on the second pulse who knows and the third pulse who knows.
  3. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91%

I'll have to check that out.....there is a guy running it over at the **** forum who is noticing a great leaning effect. Just don't think/know if it's worth the $99 a month.
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.87%

is there anyway to conteract this desensitization?
  5. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.91%

I always forget about that guys forum, ill try to join today.
  6. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.91%

I think its worth it if it works. I mean imagine gaining muscle even beyond what would normally be your max and losing fat at the same time while sleeping better at night. I plan to use it on cycle, pct, bridge then cycle again or it all could just be in my dreams but we will see.
    Applied Nutriceuticals Representative
    www.appliednutriceuticals.com

FACEBOOK FAN PAGE:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Applie...ls/64122223218
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.35%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

I'm interested in it, bit I'm looking for more feedback on it before taking the plunge.
    Recoverbro Elite
    "This is what we've been working on"
  8. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.91%

Damn this killed it

The stimulatory effect of MK-677 on mean GH concentrations in the 8 h after drug administration declined between the first and fourth day of drug administration, although the fourth day value was still significantly greater than baseline. This decline may indicate desensitization to the GH stimulatory effects of the drug and foreshadow an eventual loss of stimulatory effect. Alternately, and probably more likely, it may result from negative feedback effects of IGF-I on GH secretion. There is evidence that IGF-I acts at pituitary and/or hypothalamic sites to suppress GH secretion (36, 37, 38, 39). The negative feedback effects of IGF-I would be expected to increase as circulating IGF-I concentrations increase in the days to weeks after starting MK-677 treatment. This would eventually result in a new set point at which IGF-I and GH concentrations are higher than at baseline, but GH concentrations are lower than immediately after initiation of treatment. Such changes have been reported in beagle dogs treated with oral MK-677 for 2 weeks (40).

FACEBOOK FAN PAGE:
  9. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.91%

Inspection of the GH profiles suggested that MK-677 increased serum GH concentrations by enhancing the preexisting pulsatile pattern of GH release. This was supported by the results of cluster analysis, which revealed a significant increase in GH peak height without change in peak number. Interpeak nadir GH concentrations were also significantly increased by MK-677 treatment. We have previously administered a compound related to MK-677 (L-692,429) to healthy older subjects by continuous 12- and 24-h intravenous infusions and assessed pulsatility by deconvolution analysis (17). We have also administered daily oral MK-677 to healthy older subjects for up to 4 weeks and assessed GH pulsatility by the cluster and ultra algorithms and deconvolution (35). There is agreement among all methods and studies that these compounds increase circulating GH concentrations by increasing the size, but not the number, of existing pulses, and that despite an increase in interpulse GH concentrations, GH secretion remains pulsatile. This enhancement of GH pulsatility occurs whether these compounds are administered continuously as intravenous infusions or as daily administrations of the long-acting compound MK-677. This suggests that these compounds amplify the normal signals responsible for episodic GH release. This could occur via relief of an inhibitory effect, such as that of somatostatin, enhancement of a stimulatory effect, such as that of GHRH, or a combination of both.

full study

http://jcem.endojournals.org/content/82/10/3455.full

FACEBOOK FAN PAGE:
  10. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.31%

Background: In animals, insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1) increases clearance of β-amyloid, a pathologic hallmark of Alzheimer disease (AD), from the CNS. Serum IGF-1 level decreases with age, and shows a further decrease in AD. We examined whether the growth hormone secretagogue MK-677 (ibutamoren mesylate), a potent inducer of IGF-1 secretion, slows the rate of progression of symptoms in patients with AD.

Methods: A double-blind, multicenter study was conducted in which 563 patients with mild to moderate AD were randomized to receive MK-677 25 mg or placebo daily for 12 months. Efficacy measures were mean change from baseline at month 12 on the Clinician's Interview Based Impression of Change with caregiver input (CIBIC-plus), the cognitive subscale of the Alzheimer's Disease Assessment Scale (ADAS-Cog), Alzheimer's Disease Cooperative Study-Activities of Daily Living (ADCS-ADL), and the Clinical Dementia Rating-sum of boxes (CDR-sob).

Results: A total of 416 patients completed treatment and assessments at 12 months. Administration of MK-677 25 mg resulted in a 60.1% increase in serum IGF-1 levels at 6 weeks and a 72.9% increase at 12 months. In mixed-effects models that included treatment, time (month), randomization strata (baseline MMSE score ≤20 vs >20), and interaction of treatment-by-time, there were no significant differences between the treatment groups on the CIBIC-plus or the mean change from baseline scores on the ADAS-Cog, ADCS-ADL, or CDR-sob scores over 12 months.

To me this indicates that the desensitization does not compound over time. That is a fairly large sample of patients and they actually had higher IGF-1 levels at 12 months than they did at 6 weeks.
  11. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.71%

Dat has is own forum? Mind telling me what it is? I loved his stuff a few years back when he did his initial write up and a couple other guys helped out a lot.
  12. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.87%

Quote Originally Posted by MentalTwitch View Post
    Dat has is own forum? Mind telling me what it is? I loved his stuff a few years back when he did his initial write up and a couple other guys helped out a lot.
    type datbtrue and let google do the walking.
  13. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.27%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

I guess this stuff was a bust?
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7