Tendinosis and IGF-1

HATE

Awards
I've been dealing with what i beleive to b tendinosis for a few years now. It's on my rotator cuffs, but i injured my hip and aggrivated my ankle also. All the injuries have lasted over a year, the pain will go away and then i do something to irritate it and it comes back and lasts for weeks to months. I've been doing pt for about 3 months now and it dosn't do much for the pain but it strengthened my arms a little bit , but it sucks bc i've lost pretty much all i've worked for which is strength and muscle. The doctors all dismiss it as chronic tendinitis and want me to just use nsaids and ice which does nothing. This cycle is getting old, i get hurt and the tendon dosn't heal correctly and it stays weak so it keeps getting re-injured. I've been doing research on my injuries and it sounds like i do have tendinosis. I dont have any tears and i dont have any impingement so im happy about that. I know that the tendons dont heal bc something causes the tpe III to type I collagen to be out of whack and the body keeps this cycle going for whatever reason and it wont heal correctly, or maybe i just have a genetic defect. I read that prolotherapy can help tendinosis, and also i read that IGF-1 can help the tendons produce type I collagen and thus help correct the healing process. Does anyone know if this is true. I need help bc the doctors in my area dont know anything and i dont know what to do. I'm getting sick of living this way, especially the being skinny and weak part. I just want to get back to my old self. So can anyone help me?

pilip99

pilip99

Awards
  • Established
IGF-1 LR3 or DES has been found to help with healing injuries up to a certain extent. But I personally do believe that it is more effective than anti inflammatory drugs and ice alone. You can be good on 50 mcg a day for up to 2 months and see some improvement in your condition

HATE

Awards
Ok so how would i go about the injection sites? I do have pain in multiple areas so would i inject at the problem areas and rotate each time, or should i just focus on one problem area at a time. Or would it not really matter bc it would stay in my system and travel throughout my body?

HATE

Awards
Also i've thought of trying ghrp6 for rehab. But im concerned with one variable in this and that being my age. I'm 22, i'll be 23 in july. My main concern is that i might be too young to put these compounds in my body.