IGF and carb help

SolidusSnake

SolidusSnake

Awards
  • Established
Hey, about to start igf and am a little confused on carb intake.. Have a few questions..

1. Can I just use maltodextrine (about 90g) in my PWO shake with my IGF shot?
2. If I "must" use a mix of dextrose/malto, what is a cheap dextrose source?

But back to question one, can I JUST use malto, as that will elicit an insulin spike rather quickly right?

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Just increase your overall intake of carbs over the entire day. There is no reason to overload your shake like that. Its not Insulin.. you wont go hypo.

2res4

Awards
As long as you eat after the shot, or just before, you will be fine. I take approximately 30 grams of dextrose in my creatine(premixed) right after. You don't need an exact amount of carbs like wth insulin. Hypo symptoms will only come if you pin igf and do not get some carbs within an hour or two before and none right after(20 to 30 minutes) inject. 90 grams is overkill. Actually most people don't notice any hypoglycemic effect from igf but most BB are eating 4 to 6 times a day.

SolidusSnake

SolidusSnake

Awards
  • Established
Ok, thats all I needed to know..
I will do my shake like so: 40g protien, 70g maltodextrin, 10g creatine.
Then shoot 50mcg IGF2 LR3..

I eat about 6 times a day. And get in over 500g of carbs a day. Carbs do not make me gain fat.. So I can go overboard on carbs and know I will be fine.

WetWorks

Awards
Ok, thats all I needed to know..
I will do my shake like so: 40g protien, 70g maltodextrin, 10g creatine.
Then shoot 50mcg IGF2 LR3..

I eat about 6 times a day. And get in over 500g of carbs a day. Carbs do not make me gain fat.. So I can go overboard on carbs and know I will be fine.

carbs are only for energy. carbs do not build an once of muscle. protein builds muscle!

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
carbs are only for energy. carbs do not build an once of muscle. protein builds muscle!
This is true, but carbs are the fuel needed in order for the cells to grow/multiply

WetWorks

Awards
This is true, but carbs are the fuel needed in order for the cells to grow/multiply
protein is the only thing that makes muscle cells grow/multiply. carbs help by swelling your cells for better absorption and energy. fat is for hormone production and energy.

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
You miss my point.... You can eat all the protein you want, but without carbs to fuel the processes, the protein is worthless. Yes, protein is needed for the actual building of the cells, etc... BUT the whole process comes to a halt (or is SUBSTANTIALLY reduced) without carbs to fuel the process.

WetWorks

Awards
You miss my point.... You can eat all the protein you want, but without carbs to fuel the processes, the protein is worthless. Yes, protein is needed for the actual building of the cells, etc... BUT the whole process comes to a halt (or is SUBSTANTIALLY reduced) without carbs to fuel the process.

your right, but carbs are not the only energy source. fat is another great energy source. my issues with using so many carbs like a lot of people. there is no essential carb, but there are essential fat and protein is essential. wasn't trying to bust your balls :)

SolidusSnake

SolidusSnake

Awards
  • Established
I eat enough protein. There is nothing that proves that taking in more than 1 gram of protein per lb of lean BM will cause more muscle growth.. Most people take in 1-2g per lb in total BW, which means they are taking in the right amount or more protein than necessary.. Carbs dont build muscle, but they are energy, and if they are present, your body doesn't burn protein.. Besides, carbs dont make me fat..

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
carbs REALLY wont make you fat while on IGF :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
IGF-1/GH 10
IGF-1/GH 6
Supplements 7
IGF-1/GH 15
IGF-1/GH 2