RX muscle forum discusses insulin... preworkout

1. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.36%

RX muscle forum discusses insulin... preworkout

In my search for info regarding insulin use in BBing, i found this thread over at RX muscle

Beyond AAS....INSULIN - RX Muscle Forums

Even Milos Sarcev apparently advocates insulin preworkout (which for me sounds risky) but seemingly because you want supraphysiological levels during training to 'feed' your muscles

What do you guys think?

2. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.18%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I think that most people that use insulin for BB purposes still do not understand how it works.

What do they mean by a 'supraphysiological' level of insulin as compared to the same for say, test.

IMO when exo insulin use becomes beneficial is when a person's natural insulin function is no longer sufficient to metabolize the food energy required to fuel muscle growth, as in when it becomes the limiting factor in anabolism. If/when a person reaches this point (such as a diabetic or a normal person who has unnatural muscle mass due to drug use) then exo insulin use would be of benefit with every meal.

So yes it would be useful pre workout... as well as breakfast, lunch, and dinner, etc.
  3. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.4%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Pre-workout insulin could be potentially VERY dangerous.

I am not a fan of Insulin use at all personally. It's not a drug to play with and like stated most don't understand it enough. High level athletes are the only ones I feel have any real reason to use it.
    Also you need the fast acting for BB purposes. Humalin-r is too long lasting IMO.
    Head Purus Labs Rep
    www.Puruslabs.net
    •   

4. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.18%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Grambo View Post
    Thanks for adding this. Just because I stated that insulin use could be of benefit does not mean that I advocate it at any time.

Also you need the fast acting for BB purposes. Humalin-r is too long lasting IMO.
    Theoretically speaking, I don't agree. Fast acting insulin just makes timing easier. Muscles will benefit from continuous nutrient supply (which is why they are also discussing using exo basal insulin). However exo insulin use cannot be separated from the fact that it must be balanced with nutrient intake. The longer the duration of action, the longer one has to be aware of the risk of hypoglycemia if nutrient supply is inadequate.

Practically speaking, your other argument wins. Just don't use insulin at all.
  5. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.4%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrox View Post
    Thanks for adding this. Just because I stated that insulin use could be of benefit does not mean that I advocate it at any time.

Theoretically speaking, I don't agree. Fast acting insulin just makes timing easier. Muscles will benefit from continuous nutrient supply (which is why they are also discussing using exo basal insulin). However exo insulin use cannot be separated from the fact that it must be balanced with nutrient intake. The longer the duration of action, the longer one has to be aware of the risk of hypoglycemia if nutrient supply is inadequate.

Practically speaking, your other argument wins. Just don't use insulin at all.
    I just meant timing wise it is better and it is in and out without having to worry about nutrient intake as well. You also couldn't take it too late in the day. Main reason I brought it up is that it is legal to get OTC while the shorter acting are not.

100% correct in everything you said though and agree.
    Head Purus Labs Rep
    www.Puruslabs.net
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.41%

I am not a fan of Insulin use at all personally. It's not a drug to play with and like stated most don't understand it enough. High level athletes are the only ones I feel have any real reason to use it.
    I agree. IMO, Humalog is the only way to go. Pre-workout can be very dangerous...and very advantageous as well, if used correctly. I feel that it's better used throughout the day than just pre-workout though.
  7. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.36%

this is not something i'd consider, as diabetic or not, but i thought it would be an interesting read

I'm trying out something whilst im on a mild cut at the mo. decreasing breakfast carbs, but increasing post workout carbs ie more insulin PWO to help with the anabolic window. theoretically, makes sense and a lot safer than shooting insulin pre

NB: During this cut im using LX to address the cortisol (assuming it truly does reduce it)
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  320 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.31%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I used Humulin-R post-workout for four weeks on a four-day-on, three-day off schedule. I would hesitate to use it pre-workout unless I knew exactly what I was doing (which I don't), 'cuz you could DIE. The effects were OK, but I kept Gatorade/Powerade on hand (for obvious reasons). I would be curious to know how it could be safely used pre-WO, but probably scared as hell to try it. Besides, don't you have to have a prescription to get Humalog?
    "I am NOT an alcoholic. Alcoholics have a drinking problem. I ain't got no problem drinking!!"
    -My Best Friend

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-22-2011, 09:38 PM
  2. Replies: 52
    Last Post: 12-10-2010, 11:52 AM
  3. Opinions of the Muscle Morphism Forum?
    By sureshot! in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-21-2008, 02:21 PM
  4. building muscle with insulin resistance
    By TNASTYII in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-06-2008, 08:10 AM
  5. IGF-1, insulin and muscle building ?
    By chi_town in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-22-2003, 03:32 PM