Using HGH for Height

boogar

Awards
Hey,

I am looking to increase my height (sorry if this is a recurring topic lol). I am 5'6.5-5'7 and 17.5 years old. My family is pretty short (mother 5'4 father 5'6), but I was hoping to gain some inches.

My first question is: what causes IGF-1 secretion in the body? I'm really confused about this. I have done tons of research but I cannot find what stimulates its production. Currently I am eating a low carb/low GI diet... is this good or bad for hgh/igf-1?

I don't really know if my growth plates are closed yet. I look young for my age and don't have dark facial hair yet (just peach fuzz buzz :D). I have an X-ray/CAT scan of my shoulder available (could a doctor determine growth plate closure from this?). If that doesn't work, I heard I can use a hand x-ray.

Does anyone know the procedure for HGH supplementation? How many IUs do you think I would need per day/month/year? Also, where do you think I could get HGH (or would IGF-1 be better for height?)? Do you think a doctor would give it to me? If not I'd probably go underground (anyone in NY/NJ holla at me haha) or get some from foreign places.

Sorry for the barrage of questions. I'm really getting into this b/c I don't have much time.

Thanks!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
in the time you have left, it won't make that much difference, maybe an inch or two for a few thousand dollars worth of hgh.

blueberry

Awards
in the time you have left, it won't make that much difference, maybe an inch or two for a few thousand dollars worth of hgh.
I'm sure a lot of people would pay a few thousand dollars for 2 inches of extra height.

dpfisher

5'7 isn't that bad. I don't think my height has ever really been an impediment to my life. It's good for driving sports cars with low roofs, and you need less muscle to look strong. I'm only 175 and that's enough to make other guys uncomfortable with themselves just by being around, like dudes in bars are always trying to bring up fighting or exercising when I'm not talking about anything like that and not even paying attention to them.

boogar

Awards
Hey, thanks for the input.

dpfisher: i know 5 7 isn't that short, and a man this height can still be beastly (see Ronny from "the jersey shore" lol)... but I have a skinny frame. I'm looking to get height to make up for this scrawniness.

I am willing to spend a good deal of $$ to get 2+ inches

Any input is appreciated.
Thanks

Blacktail

Blacktail

Awards
  • Established
A kid I knew growing up took it for that reason. He gained maybe 1.5 inches of height for 2 years of usage prescribed by his doc.

Dadnatron

Awards
Ask your MD to do a 'Bone Age' hand x-ray. There is a specific book (Greulich and Pyle) which uses certain characteristics to determine the 'age' of your skeleton and the liklihood you will continue to grow. It has minimal Radiation exposure, and is well worth it if you are really trying to see if you can gain any height. Don't waste your time and money on something if it won't do what you are hoping it will do.

ezza

Awards
  • Established
If you go ahead and decide to do this do a lot of research and you will find that running an AI (aromatase inhibitor) will actually help a lot combined with hgh for height. Reducing estrogen has an impact on growth plates closing up a lot later giving the hgh more time to work. Don't take my word for it... research.

boogar

Awards
Thanks everyone for your help!

My plan is:
1. Get a hand xray/ check for plate closure.
2. If they haven't closed, I'll take an AI with hgh
3. continue until....

I am wondering though how do you think I can acquire the AI/HGH? Would an endocrinologist be willing to give it to me (or would I have to get it elsewhere)? Also, would I need a parent's consent (I'm 17)?

Thanks guys

omni

omni

Awards
  • Established
At 18, I was 5'7 size 9 shoe. At 21, I was 5'9 size 11 shoe. You may still have a few years. Keep us up to date. I'm interested to see what happens.

jmciii

Awards
Go to an endocrinologist. They will check your IGF level. If low then they will do an MRI to check your head for abnormalities - if none - they will do a 4 hour test to see if you respond to HGH. If you do then your insurance will pay for it ( because it is a deficiency). I went through all of this 2 years ago. Was 40yrs.& feeling tired all the time. I was deficcient as a teen and took shots - this got me to 5'6, yes I was shorter (LOL). Now 42, and yes still 5'6 at 171lbs up from 150. You don't have much time to grow - but it is posssible thru 20 - 21. Step 1 have your IGF1 checked.