Benzodiazapines block igf-1? - AnabolicMinds.com

Benzodiazapines block igf-1?

1. New Member

Benzodiazapines block igf-1?

I take kilonopin for anxiety and just read a study the mentioned it has an effect on igf-1 secretion. And since I'm taking igf-1, this wouldn't be good.... Any insight appreciated.

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  175 lbs.

IDK?.I hope not,i take an occassional benzo 4 sleep and haven't noticed any negative effects or lack there of,but i don't take regularly/daily,so maybe it possibly could??..I need more info on this!!
  3. New Member

Bump
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  184 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by hulky10 View Post
    I take kilonopin for anxiety and just read a study the mentioned it has an effect on igf-1 secretion. And since I'm taking igf-1, this wouldn't be good.... Any insight appreciated.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but if you are on IGF-1 then your natural secretion of IGF-1 is negligible. Isn't the body's natural level <1mcg? So you are already taking at least 40i.u.. Why worry about the benzos effect on your natural secretion?
    Back.... for real this time
  5. New Member

There are no known contraindications regarding Benzo's taken concurrently with IGF-1.
    Benzo's don't block Igf-1 nor the other way around. BTW, Klonopin isn't classified as a benzo, although it certainly fits the bill structurally and is often prescribed for the same symptoms as Xanax, Ativan, Valium etc. This has led many to believe it is not addictive in the same way as the above mentioned, but that is pure fallacy. The rehabs across America are filled with people who need long term care to D/C Klonopin. It still won't affect your exo or endo IGF.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  230 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Evan Bageris View Post
    There are no known contraindications regarding Benzo's taken concurrently with IGF-1.
    Benzo's don't block Igf-1 nor the other way around. BTW, Klonopin isn't classified as a benzo, although it certainly fits the bill structurally and is often prescribed for the same symptoms as Xanax, Ativan, Valium etc. This has led many to believe it is not addictive in the same way as the above mentioned, but that is pure fallacy. The rehabs across America are filled with people who need long term care to D/C Klonopin. It still won't affect your exo or endo IGF.
    Klonopin (clonazepam) most certainly IS a benzodiazepine, and is just as addictive as the rest of them. What makes it different from one like xanax is its long half-life (6 days) as opposed to xanax's which is like 6 hours or something. So klonopin's addictive potential in terms of withdrawal is less because it does not cause as large a rebound. This is why it is often used to "ween" off of other fast-acting, harsher benzos like xanax, ativan, valium, etc. But it is a benzodiazepine by all accounts.
  7. Banned
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.

Klonopin has the largest half-life out of the big range of benzos, which does make it useful to wean people of shorter acting medicines like valium or xanax
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

This is interesting, I have to look into this. Good post bro.
  9. New Member

I am curious about the first comment:

"kilonopin for anxiety and just read a study the mentioned it has an effect on igf-1 secretion"

Where did you read this?

Btw: Valium and its metabolites have a long half life.
  10. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by hulky10 View Post

Can we see the study?
  11. Banned
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.

Valium may have a long half-life but its acute half-life, or the length of time where its effects can really be felt is only about 6-8 hours. Klonopin is more in the 12-14 range.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. IGF-1 LR3 peptide is in a block?
    By UglyRock in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-31-2011, 04:16 PM
  2. So what is next on the block?
    By TheWriting in forum PES
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-09-2010, 09:04 PM
  3. New kid on the block!
    By psycoone in forum Anabolics