What I think I've learned about secretagogues
- 01-20-2010, 11:16 PM
What I think I've learned about secretagogues
So, I've been taking GHRP-6, CJC-1295 and Modified GRF(1-29) on and off, though mostly continuously for about a year now. I've screwed around with dose, number of injects and the combinations used, and I think I know enough to come to a couple of conclusions.
My background: 40, 195lbs, ~11%, lifting weights for 6-7 years now, athletics before. I've used steroids a few times; mostly logged on here (superdrol on bulks, 4AD and 2 cutter cycles of transdermal trenbolone). Happy with my appearance at my age, for my level of use, and the lifestyle I like to lead. I've never been tested, but I'm pretty sure I'm naturally low on GH; I usually sleep badly, pumps are rare unless I take steroids or peptides, hard gains. I have been tested for testosterone, and I'm high normal there when I'm not on something which makes this impossible.
Basic results: size gains where I want them, down a belt notch (a few % bodyfat), visible abs all year long, and generally feeling awesome. My facial appearance has improved; lower body fat, youthful skin quality, improved vitality. I can easily pull all nighters without any horrible ill effects, beyond screwing up my circadian rhythm. Mental concentration is also noticeably better (I do nerd stuff for a living) -like being on piracetam all the time. I don't even get hangovers any more, like in my teenage years. I doubt there is any research on this, but since young people often don't get hangovers, perhaps it is due to higher GH levels. To sum it up in the fewest possible words: "everything is easier."
1) GHRP-6 is a great drug by itself, but I need to underdose it if it is by itself. At 195lbs, I take 75mcg a shot when it's solo. I sleep great when I take it, experience feelings of well being, and recovery from workouts and injury healing properties are all excellent. Taking this stuff made me feel like a young man. Taking more, I get dong and "feeling raggedy" issues, which I assume are prolactin and cortisol related.
2) datBTrue's stack of GHRP-6 and modified GRF(1-29) of 100mcg each is excellent. In fact, it is so excellent, I probably won't bother with GHRP-6 solo. I was reluctant to do this because of cost, and was doing things like only taking the GRF(1-29) at night, or after workouts. No more; the GRF(1-29) seems to help avoid prolactin and cortisol sides, and produces a much more noticeable effect. Life is short, and it's worth the money.
3) Taking your GHRP-6 when you wake up to take a leak: priceless. You sleep soooo good. Crazy dreams. Only problem is, I've been generally sleeping well enough I don't wake up at night. Before you sleep is also good, but not as good as this.
4) CJC-1295 (with DAC; aka the real CJC-1295) is underrated. It's expensive, and hard to obtain, and I've only done one 2mg vial of it, but, whoa: good stuff. The way I took it, I'd inject 500mcg twice a week, and continue taking GHRP-6 as I usually would with GRF(1-29) (100mcg), multiple times a day. I noticed a lot more benefit from this than when using the ordinary GHRP/GRF stack. Once my present stash of GRF is used up, it's going to be CJC-1295 for a while. There are apparently potential dangers in long term use (go find dat's thread; I don't pretend to understand, but I trust what he says), but the benefits are excellent. I speculate that, for my personal metabolism anyway, I'm low on sermorelin, so adding more of this, over longer periods of time, gets me to where I should be.
5) Fat loss: again, it is as datBtrue said: take your secretagogues after your workout, and don't eat for a half hour to two hours. Counterintuitive, considering all the research done which screams out, "eat after weights," but it works. I think the muscle sparing effects of the stuff are good enough you can do a serious diet without losing much muscle. I've gotten insane pumps while on a CKD and peptides. Pretty neat.
6) Hunger pangs from GHRP-6; you get used to them. Don't be a *****.
7) Going off: I went off for a month, due to some health issues (caught some exotic flu thing; nothing to do with the peptide use), and for a few weeks over the holidays. As far as I could tell, the good effects of these peptides last a week or two after cessation of use. I didn't notice any horrible crash; I just slowly go back to the old me.
8) Take it fasted! Not just a little fasted either. Could eat a whole cow levels of fasted. Fasted is when your brain naturally releases the good stuff, so help it along. The effects are much better this way.
Downsides: well, GHRP-6 by itself can have some bad effects, as mentioned above. There are the standard lethargic and "needles and pins in the extremities" feelings which are a known GH side; no big deal: sleep more and stretch. These also are more manageable when you switch to a once a day (at night) dose. Also, injecting every goddamned day, well, it's not horrible, but it is an annoyance. Occasionally, I hit some vein in the belly button, and it makes a big old bruise which is hard to explain to dates (um, I dropped a barbell on my non existent beer gut?). Also, the sheer volume of used insulin needles becomes hilarious.
My main worries, besides someone finding my enormous stash of used insulin needles, are that this stuff will become impossible to obtain, and I'll need to buy a peptide synthesizer for my house.
So, thanks datBtrue; this stuff really changed my life. I've been contemplating another steroid cycle (probably test + tren, though I've been considering test+anavar, primo or mast), but at this point I'm having a hard time justifying it. Why risk further damage to my hairline, recovery problems and a month or two of bad lipid profiles, when I am reaching my goals on this stuff? Juice is fun, but it isn't that fun.
- 01-20-2010, 11:41 PM
Wow I am lost. I thought secretagogues were those oral things that allowed you to lighten your wallet ? I have a fridge full of prescription HGH and I like it. But you make it sound like your injecting something that rocks, is this equal to HGH yet unequal in the cost department?
Curios - I like the crazy dreams, for that I take DMAE and GABA when not take Relaxall.
01-21-2010, 12:06 AM
I never took HGH. The supposed upsides to getting your own pituitary gland generating it is it is released in the natural pulsatile way, and there are two varieties of growth hormone released naturally. The synthetic only replicates one of the naturally released GH varieties and can cause thyroid problems in large doses, wheras the natural stuff supposedly has less problems of this nature. Secretagogues are also cheaper, I think. Anti-aging doctors are catching on, though as far as I know, they prescribe a sermorelin + GHRP-6 combination. Knowing a little of the pharmacodynamics of GHRH, the GRF(1-29) or CJC-1295 varieties are superior.
01-21-2010, 12:36 AM
Great. I was hoping you were catching the next wave. So how do I go about getting this ? My girlfriend and mother are interested but price is a problem and trust for the chineese is lacking.
I too would like the cutting edge stuff and you do a good job of selling it.
01-21-2010, 01:00 AM
Lol; I'm not selling anything. Unfortunately, most of it like everything else under the sun comes from china. I hear tales of American made, but I have no idea where to get it.
If I were you, I'd ask my doctor. He's open minded enough to fill your fridge with GH; this other stuff should be obtainable. It is used in medicine, as I understand things, though not the newer GHRH varieties.
01-21-2010, 01:02 AM
OK so I need a script for this too, ok I will go back and study your huge post and research this stuff.
Selling as in 'persuasive argument' not like a cash register ringing
01-25-2010, 08:39 PM
01-27-2010, 03:16 PM
Hexarelin has been granted Orphan Drug Status by the FDA in the last couple years.
and Iplex (recombitant form of IGF-1) is also an orphan drug, however is sometimes used in Muscular Dystrophy patients..
and of course Geref (sermorelin, a GHRH)- also FDA approved, however greatly inferior to GH in stimulating growth in short stature children, and therefore it is not as commonly prescribed.
Its not as niche & not as secret as you'd like to think.
02-11-2010, 12:13 AM
02-12-2010, 04:42 PM
Good post bro...
I would recommend skipping on the cjc though. It raises your gh troughs and causes gh bleed, which is a female secratory pattern for gh. Stay with the Mod. grf(1-29).
02-20-2010, 11:00 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By fmfws185 in forum AnabolicsReplies: 12Last Post: 04-06-2009, 10:38 PM
- By POTR33 in forum AnabolicsReplies: 3Last Post: 06-28-2007, 02:07 AM
- By TripDog in forum IGF-1/GHReplies: 7Last Post: 05-28-2007, 06:41 PM
- By shootmeagain in forum SupplementsReplies: 26Last Post: 08-18-2005, 03:49 PM