Once reconstituted, how long is HCG good??

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've read anything from 2 weeks to 60 days.

datBtrue

datBtrue

Awards
  • Established
I've read anything from 2 weeks to 60 days.
About 45 days.

That comes from a science book devoted specifically to the process of lyophilization and degradation kinetics. There was a chart in the book with all sorts of peptides and their ideal storage temps and shelf-life, etc.

Unfortunately most of the peptides I was interested in were not in there. HCG was though... this is off the top of my head but I believe the manufacturer was Pregnyl.

ProfBush

Awards
About 45 days.

That comes from a science book devoted specifically to the process of lyophilization and degradation kinetics. There was a chart in the book with all sorts of peptides and their ideal storage temps and shelf-life, etc.

Unfortunately most of the peptides I was interested in were not in there. HCG was though... this is off the top of my head but I believe the manufacturer was Pregnyl.
The insert that comes with my Pregnyl says it should be good for 60 days after reconstitution. Oddly enough, the Novarel insert says 30 days, go figure. The book you cite may be dated, or they may have run independent tests.

When my prescription is refilled, I specify Pregnyl and use it 60 days. I don't notice any loss of potency. I pitch Novarel after 30 days.

rick055

Awards
  • Established
About 45 days.

dat, does the HCG go bad "all at once" so to speak, or is it a gradual lessening of potency over time with 45 days being the last day it's considered potent?

IE if you injected on day 46, are you still injecting (weaker) HCG or something else?

Brady Johnson

Awards
It will gradually loose potency over time. There is no certain point in which it will all go bad at once.