IGF-1 and Carbs - AnabolicMinds.com

IGF-1 and Carbs

1. New Member

IGF-1 and Carbs

Just got my IGF and I am on a low carb diet, around 30 grams per day,
    and BF is around 12%. My goal is to go under 10% BF. Should I start using the IGF or should I wait until I increase my carbs when I hit my goals?

I want to do 20mcg for 4 weeks, then rest for 4 weeks and finish the bottle at 20 mcg for another 4 weeks.

Thanks

2. New Member

After doing a bit of research, protein seems to be the answer. I will keep my protein High and follow my low carb diet

Looking to get nice and lean for the summer
  3. Board Supporter

good luck !
    •   

4. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by raybravo
    good luck !
    Thanks RayBravo!!
  5. New Member

Just my 2cents, 30g of carbs is way too low. I think 150 should be the lowest you go, especially if your going to be on IGF-1. Your going to be in constant ketosis which is very unhealthy. You must be very lethargic as well if your sticking to 30g carbs and the igf is just going to make it worse. Up your carbs and keep protien high(1.5lbs per lb bodyweight) and keep your fat around 50g a day from good fat. That with cardio 4-5times a week for 30min at a moderate pace should easily let you reach your goals.
  6. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by FullyBuilt
    30g of carbs is way too low. I think 150 should be the lowest you go, especially if your going to be on IGF-1. Your going to be in constant ketosis which is very unhealthy. You must be very lethargic as well if your sticking to 30g carbs and the igf is just going to make it worse. Up your carbs and keep protien high(1.5lbs per lb bodyweight) and keep your fat around 50g a day from good fat. That with cardio 4-5times a week for 30min at a moderate pace should easily let you reach your goals.
    Atkins style ketosis is unhealthy but if you're talking about CKD then no, it is not unhealthy and you do not have to stop the diet at all.
    As for lethargy when carb intake is that low you are definetely wrong. Being in the Ketogenic state brings on a metabolism switch where as the ketone enzymes produced become your fuel source. As long as fat is kept at the propper level then ketone production will remain constant as will energy levels.
  7. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by FullyBuilt
    Just my 2cents, 30g of carbs is way too low. I think 150 should be the lowest you go, especially if your going to be on IGF-1. Your going to be in constant ketosis which is very unhealthy. You must be very lethargic as well if your sticking to 30g carbs and the igf is just going to make it worse. Up your carbs and keep protien high(1.5lbs per lb bodyweight) and keep your fat around 50g a day from good fat. That with cardio 4-5times a week for 30min at a moderate pace should easily let you reach your goals.
    Since I have been in ketosis my energy level has increased dramatically.
    I also sleep much better and wake up refreshed. I don't have gas after meals
    and stopped taking naps. So far it is working very well and I like
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. IGF and carb help
    By SolidusSnake in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-22-2010, 10:15 PM
  2. IGF-1 and carbs
    By soon2becut in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-24-2004, 10:12 AM
  3. IGF and Nolva