Increased Intestinal Mass (What are the downsides?) - AnabolicMinds.com

Increased Intestinal Mass (What are the downsides?)

1. New Member

Increased Intestinal Mass (What are the downsides?)

From what I gather already, we naturally increase our intestinal mass just by bodybuilding, getting bigger, eating alot. However, the claims of increased intestinal mass from IGF-1 are large. Other than a cosmetic defect, what are the problems associated with this? (Its hard to search for on pubmed)

2. Elite Member

Well it could conceivably cause a restriction of the intestine due to excessive muscle or put pressure on other internal organs because of lack of space
  3. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew D
    Well it could conceivably cause a restriction of the intestine due to excessive muscle or put pressure on other internal organs because of lack of space
    That sounds a little extreme although it might not be impossible.

This isn't scientific but, if it's not hapenning in pros (where this problem would be exaggerated) it probably won't be as likely to happen in smaller people like any of us.

I have a question, how would there be lack of space, if generally, the whole organism of our body will enlarge to accomodate enlarged features?
    •   

4. Elite Member

Nevermind... I don't have a clue go search pubmed
  5. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_banana-eater
    That sounds a little extreme although it might not be impossible.

This isn't scientific but, if it's not hapenning in pros (where this problem would be exaggerated) it probably won't be as likely to happen in smaller people like any of us.

I have a question, how would there be lack of space, if generally, the whole organism of our body will enlarge to accomodate enlarged features?
    Why would the whole body increase? The GI tract contains a very large number of receptors in which IGF-1 can bind to so if you taking extreme amounts you could definetly increase the size without effecting surrounding organs that much. At least, thats the theory. Just because one part grows doesn not mean others do. I don't see where your getting that from.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  6. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo
    Why would the whole body increase? The GI tract contains a very large number of receptors in which IGF-1 can bind to so if you taking extreme amounts you could definetly increase the size without effecting surrounding organs that much. At least, thats the theory. Just because one part grows doesn not mean others do. I don't see where your getting that from.
    I was thinking the area which encapsulates these organs would increase due to the demand placed on it by larger organs. I wasn't thinking of a direct IGF-1 effect on increase, but a slow homeostatic change. Example: Our skin dosn't burst from muscle growth.

Do you know of common problems people have with enlarged intestines in regard to digestion?
  7. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

I see what your saying. But you also have to take into account certain things will not grow as fast, if at all, such as bone. For example if the increase was large enough it could exert pressure on the spinal cord and surrounding muscles. It would have to be extreme though it proably would take several years of use.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  8. Elite Member

Well one could argue that stretch marks are an example of the skin bursting due to rapid growth... because of the scare tissue formation..
  9. New Member

Your stomach just looks bloated 24/7 when your internal organs grow....I read thats why alot of bodybuilders dont have flat stomachs, they kind of stick out more than usual even when they are cut, due to the use of GH
  10. Senior Member

One downside is having turtle shell abs. The amount of GH he took to achieve such a gut must be pretty expensive.
  11. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

That ain't gonna be pretty when he turns 60
  12. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I'd say just based on aesthetics alone that THAT should be avoided like the plague. At least bitch tits are removable!
  13. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusG
    One downside is having turtle shell abs. The amount of GH he took to achieve such a gut must be pretty expensive.
    How can you assume that was even related to GH? He may have just pigged out at the post-contest buffet. Or drank a couple gallons of water.
  14. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

I would say GH because its the drug of choice that many professional BB'ers use high dosages and in those high amounts could cause growth like that over time. IGF-1 is another one but the effects wear off around 30 days so you can't constantly use it as your would with GH. That would be my guess as to why its GH. Of course the Slin and 2g of test/week doesn't help either.
  15. New Member

That picture of the turtle shell stomach is from the guy carbing up and He doesnt respond well to it. Its proven
  16. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

How is it proven?
  17. New Member

Why was this guy ban?
  18. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

What guy? Nobody has been banned in this thread.
  19. Elite Member

in the band... not banned..
    homophones
  20. ***** Vampire

its a joke - his sig is band not banned

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-21-2012, 07:00 AM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-24-2009, 05:05 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-22-2004, 09:01 PM
  4. What are the other sites you visit?
    By LCSULLA in forum General Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-18-2004, 09:15 AM
  5. What are the benefits of using the Sauna and/or the Steam Room?
    By JohnGafnea in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-05-2003, 04:32 AM