Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
IGF-1 info by Dave Polumbo
Posted by Crankin'steiN at Percision Muscle

IGF-1, as the name implies, is an extremely anabolic hormone that has insulin-like actions (i.e. it shuttles nutrients, specifically amino acids and glucose, into the muscle cells where they can be synthesized into new muscle tissue.) When bodybuilders take growth hormone injections, they are not injecting a pure growth stimulus - they are taking a stimululating or releasing factor. It is for this reason that high dosing of GH is not necessarily going to result in more growth. Growth is limited by the amount of IGF-1 the liver can produce in response to any given dosage of GH. IGF-1 has been synthetically synthesized (using similar technology as that used to make GH) to circumvent the shortcomings that are associated with GH-mediated IGF-1 production in the liver. If we try to maxamize the output of IGF-1 in order to further increase muscle mass, it becomes much easier to just administer IGF-1 directly. In persuit of this goal, scientists began to study the pysiology and pharmacology of the hormone IGF-1. What they found was that IGF-1 circulates in the bloodstream (99 percent) bound to specific binding proteins. It is the remaining unbound or free (1 percent) of the IGF-1 that causes the anticipated muscle cell hyperplasia. (The bound 99 percent is essentially wasted).In order to combat this phenomenon of the binding proteins "stealing" our precious IGF-1, scientists have chemically altered the original IGF-1 molecule and have added chemically bound side chains, thus creating a new hormone known as LONG R3 IGF-1. (The long R3 refers to the three long side chains that have been added to the original molecule). These large, space-occupying, side chains are attached to the IGF-1 molecule to prevent these blood born binding proteins from "snatching" up and inactivating the IGF-1. For the last several years, most bodybuilders who were privy enough to get their hands on synthetically produced IGF-1 have been using the Long R3 IGF-1 variety thinking it will last longer in your body (12 hours opposed to 20 minutes). Also, that more of it will be available (unbound) to help build and repair muscle. The theory is essentially correct, however, what bodybuilders started noticing after extended usage of Long R3 IGF-1 was that it stopped working as effectively after about 4 weeks.
I began to keep notes and I worked out a system by which bodybuilders would inject Long R3 IGF-1 [about 10-20 mcg] within 15 mins following a workout so the IGF-1 could circulate and locate these newly produced IGF-1 receptors on the damaged muscle cell membranes. (These new receptors appear as a direct result of damage induced by intense weight training and muscular trauma). It is at these damaged cells that the body increases the number of IGF-1 recpetors so it can signal where the muscle repairs must be performed. (This is why muscle cells grow, preferentially, and not bone tissue or internal organs, as rumoured).
However, as the dosage of IGF-1 increases above the suggested 10-20mcg per day, the IGF-1 muscle cell receptors become saturated and now all this excess IGF-1 goes straight to the highest naturally occuring concentration of IGF-1 receptors - The extremisties (i.e feet, hands and facial bones). Thereby, side effects such as shoe and hand size increases and facial bone thickening can occur. Additionally, high Long R3 IGF-1 dosing will lead to decreases in muscle cell IGF-1 receptors, thus diminishing the results seen with Long R3 IGF-1 usage over time. In summation, empiracal evidence has shown that 10-20mcg per day of Long R3 IGF-1 causes significant muscle cell hyperplasia and will continue to do so extremely effectively for approximately 30 days.
Even with conservative amounts of Long R3 IGF-1, the hormone still stops functioning after a perios of time. Therefore, I usually suggest that bodybuilders take a two to four week "holiday" off the Long R3 IGF-1 after every 30 day course of administration.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think next time I'm just going to do 20mcg/day (post workout). I have corresponded with several people that have used 40mcg/day and 80mcg/day and most of the people say that they had just as good results with 40mcg with less side effects.

I'm going to try even a more conservative approach and see what the results are.

Sir Foxx

Sir Foxx

Awards
  • Established
I'll give it a try when the price comes down to a more reasonable level.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Probably won't happen anytime soon, if ever. If you do the 5days on 2days off at 20mcg/day, 1mg will last you a while. At least 2 cycles worth.

I bit the bullet and tried some and had to order more because it worked so well. You basically achieve moderate gains, drop BF% and just look more muscular. Pete will love it as makes your peaks much more defined. Plus I was trying to get away from the harsher AAS for a while. I've been hitten the orals too hard lately.

It is a high price item but defiently worth it IMO.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I've always planned to go 20mcg ED for 4 weeks, just because I don't have the loot to keep up such a habit.. :)

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm afraid for you Pete. If you like as much as I do, you will start selling yourself again. And we just can't have that anymore :D

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'm afraid for you Pete. If you like as much as I do, you will start selling yourself again. And we just can't have that anymore :D
I'll just put on the boas, and flaunt it! Ladies can't resist! :D

Sir Foxx

Sir Foxx

Awards
  • Established
So if I do bite the bullet, would you recommend running it alone or on my next cycle in May?

scotty2

Awards
  • Established
so, the suggestion for newbies is 20mcg/day, I assume?

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
So if I do bite the bullet, would you recommend running it alone or on my next cycle in May?
You could do it either way but some say its amplifies androgen use.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
so, the suggestion for newbies is 20mcg/day, I assume?
I don't think IGF-1 and newbie should ever go in the same sentence ;)

20mcg might be good for the majority but the only way to tell is to try it for yourself. I used 40mcg and think I can get the same results with 20mcg. I'll let you know in about 2 months :D

Sir Foxx

Sir Foxx

Awards
  • Established
Well, if I do it I want all the amplification I can get ;)

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You could run it the last 2 weeks of your cycle then 2 weeks into your PCT. The options are endless since it doens't effect the HTPA at all.

Fender85

Awards
Hey Bobo, in the other IGF thread you said, "I SUGGEST to ALL first time users no matter what level, to start at about 40-50mcg/day." On this thread you are suggesting as low as 20mcgs, and I was wondering which one you'd prefer. Thanks.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
That other thread wasn't Bobo's opinion, it was other articles gatherd up from around the `net so we could have something to read. This article isn't Bobo Either, it's Dave Polumbo's article, and he suggests the 20 mcg. Bobo also said that he thinks he can get the same results with 20 as 40, so I think 20mcg ED is the current reccomendation for a first run.

ManBeast

WATERLOGGED

WATERLOGGED

supreme being
Awards
  • Established
im into a lot of things these days and im impressed with this compound ! the possibilities sound exciteing for me , i was in a car accident years ago and i have nerve damage[as we know nerves make muscles work] well mine dont work so well. so im interested in this , does bobo or anyone might know or think its worth a shot for [maybe]repair of nerves and muscle cell increase ?

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Its helped a lot with my tendonitis. I constantly have wrist and elbow pain (getting old) and this has helped me a lot. There are many articles on how it could easily help nerve endings and hyperplasia. I'll see if I can dig some up.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey Bobo, in the other IGF thread you said, "I SUGGEST to ALL first time users no matter what level, to start at about 40-50mcg/day." On this thread you are suggesting as low as 20mcgs, and I was wondering which one you'd prefer. Thanks.
After using it, I feel that 20mcg could be just fine. I am going to test that in about a month but according to what Dave Polumbo says it makes sense. I had some aches and pains in the hands and feet but not much at all. I also was geting major cramps the first couple days which subsided. This proved to me how potent it was so maybe I wouldn't need as much.

Hopefully 20mcg will be enough because then it would last much longer.

Jeff

Awards
  • Established
After using it, I feel that 20mcg could be just fine. I am going to test that in about a month but according to what Dave Polumbo says it makes sense. I had some aches and pains in the hands and feet but not much at all. I also was geting major cramps the first couple days which subsided. This proved to me how potent it was so maybe I wouldn't need as much.

Hopefully 20mcg will be enough because then it would last much longer.
You still going to do 5days on/2days off or just run it constant?

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
With 20mcg/day I will run it everday.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
run everyday with the IGF.. it has a very short half life and the 5 on 2 off was just used as a way of saving money with growth...

Nutz

Nutz

Awards
I've never done any real AAS before, but this stuff looks quite interesting. never injected before but from what I've read on this...

each 1ml vial contains 1000mcg ( 1mg Long R3IGF-I )
20mcg ( micro-grams if memory serves) = 1 shot once per day ( maybe 30 mins pre workout?)

so if Each line on the insulin 1CC pin is equal to 20mcg. and The .10 mark on the insulin syringe is equal to 100mcg. the subject would simply get 1IU (insulin units? ) of R3 IGF-1 and enough bactirostatic water (BW) to flush the tiny amount of IGF-1 out, maybe another 4 - 10 units of water, totally about 200mcg.

so for a little over 200 bucks you would get 50 days or so of a light R3IGF-1 cycle ( probably two 25 day cycles, unless you do a 5 / 7 day split ) , looks a little spendy compared to AAS, or even PH but is worth watching if the results come in and prices come down.

is that a big injection? what are the differences between intramuscular and subcutaneous injection both delivery and administration ( pain / side effects) wise? I don't know where to get slin pins, as i've never needed them, but can they do IM? guessing there too short looking at them. sure a search would find that though.

Last edited:
ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
is that a big injection? what are the differences between intramuscular and subcutaneous injection both delivery and administration ( pain / side effects) wise? I don't know where to get slin pins, as i've never needed them, but can they do IM? guessing there too short looking at them. sure a search would find that though.

Ok, no. It's not a big injection. You are drawing 1/100th of a CC for 10mcg, or 1/50th of a cc for 20mcg, and then filling it to (at most) 1cc of total injection volume. Nobody is sure yet on which is better (IM or sub-q) from what I can tell. Slin pinz can be found at your local pharmacy or on the internet (www.getpinz.com)

ManBeast

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
this was a great thread, bumping.

bobo, i have to ask - did you see any facial changes? (if you don't like to discuss this stuff on the board anymore - please PM me... I'm very interested in your take.

Last edited:
kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
LOL...you bumped it eh, Deo? When I saw this, I was just going to copy and paste into your thread :D Guess I don't have to :D

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
haha, only a matter of time before you and/or i found it... :D

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Bobo: how did the 20mcg/day run end up compariing to 40mcg/day?

I'm thinking I may make IGF a staple in my PCT's b/c of how great people says it helps maintain mass while bringing HPTA back to normal function. And, at 20mcg, the price is reasonable enough for me. Hell, I could EASILY spend that much money on McDonalds...so, **** the Mccy-D's and just hit up the IGF-1 instead and I think the price is just dandy :D

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
$150 at McDonalds in 20 days :eek:
so far so good with the igf for me.

s.norman

Awards
  • Established
im into a lot of things these days and im impressed with this compound ! the possibilities sound exciteing for me , i was in a car accident years ago and i have nerve damage[as we know nerves make muscles work] well mine dont work so well. so im interested in this , does bobo or anyone might know or think its worth a shot for [maybe]repair of nerves and muscle cell increase ?
its definitely worth a shot bro! i was in a car accident and suffered 2 bulging disks and a large herniation w/ severe stenosis. after 3 weeks lr3 igf1 treatment inj. into lower back i am ready to return to the gym-just 1 month missed. the herniation was bad and doc said i would need surgery. all i took was vicodin for pain and igf-1. after 1 week it was just igf-1. just check out my thread "healing properties of igf-1" and you will see for yourself.

cretinx

Awards
did Bobo ever get back in another thread or this one and let us know how the 20mcg/day went as opposed to the 40mcg/day

And the younger guys . . . you actually experience something with this stuff?

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
I searched for the results of his 20mcg/day trial and found nothing.

Maybe I'll start a new thread...