1. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  255 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    3.67%

Insulin Experience

Howdy All,
    I have been using AAS for about 12 years off and on. Lately I have been reading up on the use of insulin. Thanks to many very informative articles and postings I feel comfortable enough with my knowledge to give it a go. I am currently running a Fina/Prop cycle and am about 4 weeks in. I usually run it for 14-16 weeks. I have very minimal sides to Fina so I do not have any issues running it that long. (don't preach to me about how Fina is bad, It works perfect for me so keep your un-informed comments about it to yourselves) Anyway, I am doing 100mg Fina / 100mg Prop ED.

On to the Insulin Experience. I started yesterday. I hit my legs very hard as I usually do, then after I got home, I shot 6IU of humalog. I immediately took my shake that had 80g carbs, 90g protein, 10gcreatine. A little high on the carbs but for my first time I did not want to take chances. I then ate 2 egg sandwiches after an hour, and 2 natural PB sandwiches and a 60g protein. shake at 2.5 hours. It felt very strange having it in my system. It was a little like taking too much thermogens without the shakes or energy. A touch surreal.

This morning: Worked chest and rear delts very hard. got home, did 8IU. Same drink, 8 eggs at 1hour, another low carb high protein drink at 2.5 hours. Same feeling, just a little less creepy this time.

This afternoon: I went back for my second workout of the day. Shoulders and Tri's. I have to tell you I felt freaking GREAT! I don't know if it was the Insulin pushing all the good stuff into my muscles or what, but I felt VERY strong and full of energy. I usually take about 45-60 min for that workout but today I was at 75 min and still feeling like I could go for another 30! Took 10IU after, same drink, ate steak and broccoli at 1.5 hours. I feel better then the first two times I shot it. I guess I am just getting used to it.

My plan is to do a 28 day cycle on Insulin and continue my AAS for another 30-45 days. I will take off about 45 days from the Insulin and possibly do it again.

I was doing cardio in the morning and then workout in the evening. I am going to change it up and do 2 a day splits just to optimize the supplements I am taking.

I will post before and after pics at the end of the 28 days. I will also try to keep you posted on the progress and experiences I am having. Please feel free to share your experiences as well. DO NOT POST ANY ANNOYING B.S.!!! DO NOT PLEA FOR MY LIFE TO STOP LIKE A DOUCHBAG... I hate a holes like that. Just respond if you have something productive to say.

Thanks for reading!

2. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.84%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by codywaters View Post
    I immediately took my shake that had 80g carbs, 90g protein, 10gcreatine. A little high on the carbs but for my first time I did not want to take chances. I then ate 2 egg sandwiches after an hour, and 2 natural PB sandwiches and a 60g protein. shake at 2.5 hours.
    First off, what were your preworkout meal(s) like? did you take anything intraworkout? I'd also consider adding 15g of BCAAs to the first shake, and on the first meal after the shake also stick with lower fat (so egg whites sandwiches if possible) and high protein.

Also consider what you are going to do for resensitization. If you stick to 10iu PWO only you likely wont need it. But if you are going higher, or multiple times a day you may find yourself somewhat insulin insensitive at the end
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  255 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    3.67%

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    First off, what were your preworkout meal(s) like? did you take anything intraworkout? I'd also consider adding 15g of BCAAs to the first shake, and on the first meal after the shake also stick with lower fat (so egg whites sandwiches if possible) and high protein.

Also consider what you are going to do for resensitization. If you stick to 10iu PWO only you likely wont need it. But if you are going higher, or multiple times a day you may find yourself somewhat insulin insensitive at the end
    Thanks for the reply!

For the protein portion of the shake, I use Pro-Complex which has 21g BCAA and 15g glutamine. So it looked to me that the only thing It lacked was the creatine. For the carbs part of it, I used a gainer shake. Just mixed the two, it works for what I am using it for. I like the idea of keeping the fat to a minimum as well as keeping the carbs to a relative minimum. Just so I do not go into shock. The rest of my diet is very low carb. I eat 12g of eggs 3x and 12g of Tuna and 2 60g protien shakes over the course of the day.

I am taking 10IU 2x a day. My workout regime has changed up so I am doing 2 heavy workouts per day and am doing only pwo... I can not see myself getting over trained in a month. What do you recommend in the way of resensitizaton?
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.38%

Im also doing slin with test eq d-bols and about to add ghrp and cjc as soon as it comes in.I do humalin-r and take waxy maize with 50 grams protein with 10g glutamine.Im going to add in creatine also when i get to the store to buy some.I do 10-12 i/u of slin pwo.
  5. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.15%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

subbed
  6. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.75%

im subbed for this
  7. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.68%

Quote Originally Posted by codywaters View Post
    Thanks for the reply!

For the protein portion of the shake, I use Pro-Complex which has 21g BCAA and 15g glutamine.
    Are those added free-form aminos, or just the breakdown of the protein? If that is just the total amount in the protein, you may want to add some free-form as they are able to reach the blood stream much quicker and don't have to be digested in the stomach. (whole proteins will need to be digested)

Keep in mind all protein has amino acids (obviously, since amino acids are what comprises protein). Companies market this somewhat shadily by advertising it on the side of the bottle as if it is somehow an "addition." Most slin protocols recommend some sort of free form aminos with the first shake that has the creatine and simple carbs, etc.
  8. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.49%

i agree when i run Humilin-R i stick right after i train (about 10iu) i drink a whey protien shack right away (which i add glutamin and L-arganine always), then about 20-30 min later get my carbs and protien in food form and again in another 30 min a small balanced meal, as i get hypo very easy.

I did have a terrible experience when i switched from Humilin-R to Humalog and my right foot swole up like an old fat lady you see walking in Target lol......safe to say Ive stayed away from insulin for a while and been doubling up my hgh and run igf as well and im getting great results, but when i need to bulk again i will give Humilin-R again but at 5iu.
    be carefull w/ slin!
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  320 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.11%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Subdizzled! Thank you very much for the info on insulin. I am considering (OK, dammit, I'm gonna DO IT!) taking it very soon. I just want to have all the info I can get before I do so. How do you use it with peptides? I will be taking IGF-1 LR3 and PEG MGF soon.
    "I am NOT an alcoholic. Alcoholics have a drinking problem. I ain't got no problem drinking!!"
    -My Best Friend
  10. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92%

How long after prepping for a show would be suggested waiting to start slin? I have just come off my first show and I am reverse dieting so my carb and cal are still low to avoid gaining BF to quickly.

Similar Forum Threads

1. HGH with Insulin
    By swampers42 in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-23-2010, 09:13 PM
  2. INSULIN-experience-thoughts-opinions
    By pudzian2 in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 05-23-2008, 11:24 PM
  3. exogenous insulin use and insulin sensitivity ?
    By raybravo in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-29-2003, 06:56 PM