L-692,429

java568

Awards
Probably not very useful, but it is interesting. It's probably been discussed before, but I'm new here :p

Abstract from a different article:
A nonpeptidyl growth hormone secretagogue
RG Smith, K Cheng, WR Schoen, SS Pong, G Hickey, T Jacks, B Butler, WW Chan, LY Chaung, F Judith, and al. et
Department of Basic Animal Science Research, Merck Research Laboratories, Rahway, NJ 07065.

A nonpeptidyl secretagogue for growth hormone of the structure 3-amino-3-methyl-N-(2,3,4,5-tetrahydro-2-oxo-1-([2'-(1H-tetrazol-5 -yl) (1,1'-biphenyl)-4-yl]methyl)-1H-1-benzazepin-3(R)-yl)-butanamid e (L-692,429) has been identified. L-692,429 synergizes with the natural growth hormone secretagogue growth hormone-releasing hormone and acts through an alternative signal transduction pathway. The mechanism of action of L-692,429 and studies with peptidyl and nonpeptidyl antagonists suggest that this molecule is a mimic of the growth hormone-releasing hexapeptide His-D-Trp-Ala-Trp-D-Phe-Lys-NH2 (GHRP-6). L-692,429 is an example of a nonpeptidyl specific secretagogue for growth hormone.

Attachments

datBtrue

datBtrue

Awards
  • Established
Never bought that book. I thought about it once but it is way to old. It looks like it would give a solid foundation to people but they would then need to spend time reading more current studies to bring their knowledge up to date.

I do have the book "Growth Hormone" by Steve Harvey which compiles all knowledge on GH as of 1994 the year before it was published....however that is very out of date. Many times I read a section and since I have read current studies on the topic I shake my head and think "nice try you guys 20 years ago but thats not how it turned out to work."

I would love to find a newer/updated textbook (scientific) not devoted to the masses and focused solely on GH (not endocrinology) similar to this one. If you ever run across such a thing I'd appreciate it if you'd message me.