Potentially interesting new secretagogue MK-677

  1. New Member
    phaeton66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Age
    43
    Posts
    137
    Rep Power
    189
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    50.46%

    Potentially interesting new secretagogue MK-677


    Fountain of Youth: Drug Restores Muscles | LiveScience

    "The drug mimics the action of ghrelin, a peptide that stimulates a growth hormone called secretagogue receptor (GHSR). Drug developers are focusing on GHSR because it plays an important role in the regulation of growth hormone and appetite. They think it may prove to be an excellent treatment target for metabolic disorders such as those related to body weight and body composition. "


    I think it's an oral, which would be a neat trick if it actually works.

  2. Senior Member
    papapumpsd's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  216 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,733
    Rep Power
    1072
    Level
    31
    Lv. Percent
    12.84%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by phaeton66 View Post
    Fountain of Youth: Drug Restores Muscles | LiveScience

    "The drug mimics the action of ghrelin, a peptide that stimulates a growth hormone called secretagogue receptor (GHSR). Drug developers are focusing on GHSR because it plays an important role in the regulation of growth hormone and appetite. They think it may prove to be an excellent treatment target for metabolic disorders such as those related to body weight and body composition. "


    I think it's an oral, which would be a neat trick if it actually works.
    This has been discussed. Orals, while they work, require very large quantities which are just not sensible when you can inject mcgs vs consume 50g.
  3. Senior Member
    datBtrue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,173
    Rep Power
    841
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    57.28%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Post


    Nice find phaeton66!

    The article was weak but it references a new study where elderly were given MK-677 for one year.

    I'm tired of reading DatBtrue's tired refrain so lets take a look at the Nov. 4th study in Annals of Internal Medicine and see if there is anything cool in it.


    Okay they gave them 25mgs of MK-677 per day.

    The "them" were 65 healthy adults (men, women receiving hormone replacement therapy, and women not receiving hormone replacement therapy) ranging from 60 to 81 years of age.

    The results were "daily administration of MK-677 significantly increased growth hormone and insulin-like growth factor I levels to those of healthy young adults without serious adverse effects."

    A graph tells the story:

    Name:  a.jpg
Views: 4264
Size:  50.2 KB
    Name:  b.jpg
Views: 3985
Size:  71.1 KB
    Name:  c.jpg
Views: 3971
Size:  65.5 KB

    Figure 2. Growth hormone (GH) and insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I) levels at baseline and at 6 and 12 months, and a representative GH profile.

    Growth hormone and IGF-I data were not normally distributed and were analyzed on the natural logarithmic scale. Line graphs show geometric means and 95% CIs.

    A. Mean 24-hour GH levels. The dashed line indicates 24-hour mean GH level for young men and women combined (~1.3 g/L). *P < 0.001 for MK-677 versus placebo.

    B. Serum IGF-I levels. The lower dotted line indicates the lower limit of the IGF-I normal range for older adults (59 to 225 g/L), and the upper dashed line indicates the lower limit in adults age 21 to 25 years (116 to 358 g/L).

    C. Representative 24-hour GH profile in a 70-year-old man with a body mass index of 23.2 kg/m2 who received MK-677 for 1 year. His 24-hour mean GH levels were 0.37, 1.0, and 0.86 g/L at baseline, 6 months, and 12 months, respectively. The pulsatile pattern of GH secretion at baseline is maintained and enhanced at 6 and 12 months, primarily because of increased secretion per peak rather than peak frequency.

    There is something new and really cool in that study! It took six months to build up but in the end GH & IGF-1 were elevated and remained so for the remainder of the year of continued use. As expected one month after discontinuing levels declined.

    There was no demonstrated desensitization in this study.

    The study: Effects of an Oral Ghrelin Mimetic on Body Composition and Clinical Outcomes in Healthy Older Adults, Ralf Nass, MD et al., Annals of Internal Medicine 4 November 2008 | Volume 149 Issue 9 | Pages 601-611
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    babyblu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    474
    Rep Power
    336
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    45.76%

    This isnt new and it isnt a peptide either. But the studies do appear promising but unless you can convince a chinese supplier to manufacture, you wont ever see it.

    bb
  5. Senior Member
    papapumpsd's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  216 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,733
    Rep Power
    1072
    Level
    31
    Lv. Percent
    12.84%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    My mistake. I thought I had covered this particular substance in another post (GHRP-2 / Ghrelin antagonist --> HGH benefits?). It was not MK-677 in that post.

    But, in the above post, the participants did use an oral GH releaser dosed at a max. of 0.5mg/kg. So, if you're 200lbs, that is equivalent to ~91kg and the dose would have been 45.5mg of oral GH releaser. FYI only.
  6. Senior Member
    datBtrue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,173
    Rep Power
    841
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    57.28%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by babyblu View Post
    This isnt new and it isnt a peptide either. But the studies do appear promising but unless you can convince a chinese supplier to manufacture, you wont ever see it.

    bb
    You're right Blu its not new, its the molecular compound Roy Smith when he was at Merck spent a lot of time and money developing. It is a peptidyl mimetic modeled after the peptide GHRP-6. In fact they used reverse pharmacology on GHRP-6 (His-D-Trp-Ala-Trp-D-Phe-Lys-NH2) to develop these types of molecules.

    This molecule was instrumental in leading to the discovery of the "growth hormone secretagogue receptor" GHS-R and eventually its natural ligan, Ghrelin.

    This study is cool because the participants used MK-677 for a year successfully. In other shorter studies the benefits waned after a short period of time.

    You're right Blu on all counts. I don't see any plans to make this derivative or the even beter Ipamorelin (peptide) molecular mimetics into a drug anytime soon.

    GHRP-6 is itself about 2% orally bioactive, so you could orally take 5mgs to achieve a saturation dose (i.e. 100mcg if injected).


    * - The full story of MK-677's development as reported by Roy Smith in 2005 can be read (for free) at: http://edrv.endojournals.org/cgi/content/full/26/3/346
  7. New Member
    findnemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    83
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    24.43%

    Maybe this stuff can be purchased from the Netherlands?

    MK 677 - Ibutamoren mesylate

    I searched the above and found a company in Holland that might sell it, but you have to contact them.

    Can't post the link because of board rules.
  8. Senior Member
    datBtrue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,173
    Rep Power
    841
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    57.28%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by findnemo View Post
    Maybe this stuff can be purchased from the Netherlands?

    MK 677 - Ibutamoren mesylate

    I searched the above and found a company in Holland that might sell it, but you have to contact them.

    Can't post the link because of board rules.
    Keep in mind that this is simply a growth hormone secretagogue. This category includes all ghrelin-mimetics including the peptides GHRP-6, GHRP-1, GHRP-2, Hexarelin, Ipamorelin and the smaller molecular compounds such as MK-677.

    They all act by binding to the GHS-R. So MK-677 doesn't get you anything more then say GHRP-6. Sure there is difference in effaciousness but that is easily equalized by adjusting doses.

    Pick a GHRH (CJC-1295 or modified GRF(1-29) ) and add it to a GHS (a peptide or smaller molecule) and administer them together and you create a big GH pulse. Adjust the dose and you release all of the pituitary store.

    Wait 3 hours when the pituitary is reloaded and do it again.

    Repeat up to 8 times a day or as little as 3.

    Thats it. You're not going to ever be able to suck out more GH than that ...and that turns out to be a lot.

    So beyond that is the matter of convenience.

    GHRP-6 is 2% orally bioactive so 5mgs will be equivalent to 100mcg injected.

    25mgs-50mgs of MK677 is the oral dose for that molecule.
  9. New Member
    findnemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    83
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    24.43%

    So beyond that is the matter of convenience.
    Exactly. One little pill/day compared to measuring doses, injecting 3 to 8x/day, ... Also, this oral has been around for more than 10yrs and seems fairly safe (from my initial research).

    I'm going to contact them and see what they say.
  10. Advanced Member
    pumbertot's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    520
    Rep Power
    342
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    22.53%

    Quote Originally Posted by findnemo View Post
    Exactly. One little pill/day compared to measuring doses, injecting 3 to 8x/day, ... Also, this oral has been around for more than 10yrs and seems fairly safe (from my initial research).

    I'm going to contact them and see what they say.
    If regular injects bother you then you are in the wrong game. Take up lawn bowls or something.

    Half the fun of taking AAS, peptides etc is injecting them. S.h.i.t just swallow one pill a day instead? NEVER!!!!!!!!!!

    Ive just never understood spending extra money on oral supps than much cheaper and more effective injectables.

    Rant over.
  11. Senior Member
    papapumpsd's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  216 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,733
    Rep Power
    1072
    Level
    31
    Lv. Percent
    12.84%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by pumbertot View Post
    If regular injects bother you then you are in the wrong game. Take up lawn bowls or something.

    Half the fun of taking AAS, peptides etc is injecting them. S.h.i.t just swallow one pill a day instead? NEVER!!!!!!!!!!

    Ive just never understood spending extra money on oral supps than much cheaper and more effective injectables.

    Rant over.
    What about high-stakes urban croquet?

  12. New Member
    java568's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  167 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    29
    Rep Power
    91
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    46.22%

    Quote Originally Posted by findnemo View Post
    Exactly. One little pill/day compared to measuring doses, injecting 3 to 8x/day, ... Also, this oral has been around for more than 10yrs and seems fairly safe (from my initial research).

    I'm going to contact them and see what they say.
    Goodluck. I know what company you are referring to and they only sell to real research companies, not individuals. It will also cost you about $50/day.
  13. Advanced Member
    pumbertot's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    520
    Rep Power
    342
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    22.53%

    Quote Originally Posted by java568 View Post
    Goodluck. I know what company you are referring to and they only sell to real research companies, not individuals. It will also cost you about $50/day.
    Haha costs more per day than say 10 weeks of high dose ghrp6.
    Just like I was saying, enjoy burning money for less effect.
  14. Senior Member
    datBtrue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,173
    Rep Power
    841
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    57.28%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by pumbertot View Post
    Half the fun of taking AAS, peptides etc is injecting them. S.h.i.t just swallow one pill a day instead? NEVER!!!!!!!!!!
    Let me introduce you to "half the fun" caverject then.

    Name:  Clipboard.jpg
Views: 3952
Size:  20.5 KB
    Name:  how_injecting.jpg
Views: 4385
Size:  15.2 KB
  15. New Member
    babyblu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    474
    Rep Power
    336
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    45.76%

    There was one UG that claimed to have MK but the man behind that operation was a crazed drug addict, popped in ORD, and known snitch, so I doubt he really had the goods (but then again he was one of those crazed genius types too).

    The pharm companies have NO incentive to produce MK; with all the horrible press HGH has gotten, unless someone figures out MK677 saves the lives of midgets or something ridicuously beneficial to mankind, then forget about it. I am surprised the chinese havent started producing this one.

    bb
  16. Advanced Member
    pumbertot's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    520
    Rep Power
    342
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    22.53%

    Quote Originally Posted by babyblu View Post
    There was one UG that claimed to have MK but the man behind that operation was a crazed drug addict, popped in ORD, and known snitch, so I doubt he really had the goods (but then again he was one of those crazed genius types too).

    The pharm companies have NO incentive to produce MK; with all the horrible press HGH has gotten, unless someone figures out MK677 saves the lives of midgets or something ridicuously beneficial to mankind, then forget about it. I am surprised the chinese havent started producing this one.

    bb
    Saving the lives of midgets is important how exactly?

    Screw that Dat, they should make the needles bigger gauge instead.
  17. New Member
    phaeton66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Age
    43
    Posts
    137
    Rep Power
    189
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    50.46%

    Quote Originally Posted by babyblu View Post
    The pharm companies have NO incentive to produce MK; with all the horrible press HGH has gotten, unless someone figures out MK677 saves the lives of midgets or something ridicuously beneficial to mankind, then forget about it. I am surprised the chinese havent started producing this one.
    I was kinda hoping to find out they already did. Ah well, interesting science stuff I ran across on a blog in any case. I don't really know anything about secretagogues; perhaps this will encourage me to learn more.
  18. New Member
    jayice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    101
    Rep Power
    118
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    7.53%

    not to bring back a dead thread to life like frankenstein but this peptide is available now: http://www.gtgchem.com/MK-677-104.htm
    so for anyone one still interested in it!
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. NN703, a new a new oral GH secretagogue
    By Marc-Antony in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-27-2007, 04:36 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-16-2007, 12:25 PM
  3. Secretagogue-One
    By Lithuanian Bear in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-13-2007, 08:27 PM
  4. Some IGF-1 IS potentially dangerous
    By Ronin13 in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-14-2006, 01:37 AM
  5. Secretagogue?
    By Rhinoman in forum Supplements
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-09-2003, 09:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in