Mentabolan (MENTdione) now available!!!

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established

You guys wanted it and you guys got it (finally)! Product should be here within a couple of weeks. Presale price is discounted for now and will go up as soon as we have the product in hand.

Nomenclature:
7a-methyl-estra-4-en-3,17-dione

Anabolic/Androgenic Ratio:
960 : 165 - 510 vs testosterone by oral administration [1]

Synonyms:
7a-methyl-19-norandrostenedione, Mentabolan, MENT dione, Trestione.

History:
This is a brand new prohormone from PHF/IBE, never seen before on the prohormone or pharmaceutical market. It was synthesized and tested for anabolic and androgenic activity in rats in 1963 [1].

Function:
This is a prohormone to the black-market bodybuilding steroid and experimental contraceptive Trestolone, aka MENT. It's been described on some internet forums as "MENT dione", however since MENT is short for 7a-Methyl 19-Nor-Testosterone, this compound could more accurately be described as 7a-Methyl-19-Nor-Androstenedione, and given an acronym of it's own like MENAD or MENORAD.

Structure:
This prohormone is a "19-nor", or nandrolone derivative, and differs from nandrolone in that this hormone has a 17-ketone, where nandrolone has a 17b-hydroxy function, and also has the addition of a 7a-methyl group. In the same way as "Boladrol" is a 7a-methylated dione version of methyl testosterone, this compound is a 7a-methylated dione version of nandrolone. Please don't confuse this compound (or the target steroid) with the widely-feared mibolerone, a.k.a. "cheque drops", which is a 17a-methylated version of trestolone (or dimethylated nandrolone).

Effects:
Effects should be similar to the injectable trestolone acetate. It's a strongly anabolic, moderately androgenic compound which should elicit significant strength gains and increased accumulation of muscle mass at an appropriate dosage.

Side Effects:
Side-effects may include those common to anabolic androgenic steroids, including but not limited to: blood pressure increases, HPTA disruption, adverse shifts in lipoprotein subfractions (increased HDL, lowered LDL cholesterol), acne, hair growth or loss. This product should not be used by women or teens.

There's evidence that MENT aromatizes to some degree [2], so the gyno-prone may wish to either avoid this compound or co-administer an aromatase inhibitor (AI) or selective estrogen receptor modulator (SERM).

One side-effect that many might fear from this compound is the loss of libido and/or erectile dysfunction often seen with 19-nor derivatives (known colloquially as "deca-dick"). On the contrary, tests conducted with the target hormone trestolone (MENT) have found that it had a positive mood, libido, and erection-stimulating effect similar to that of testosterone [3], though this may not necessarily hold true with the supraphysiological doses used by bodybuilders.

Metabolism and Bioavailability:
As mentioned, this is a "dione" prohormone. In the body the ketone at C17 will be hydrolysed by 17b-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 (17b-HSD1) into the active compound trestolone (MENT). Trestolone itself has been shown to be roughly 6 times as anabolic as methyl test by oral administration, and around 2.5 times as androgenic [4].

Unlike steroids like testosterone and DHT, trestolone shows no affinity for SHBG [5], so all of the converted compound in circulation should be bioavailable. For the same reason, it's likely to have a short terminal half-life so frequent dosing is suggested.

As most will know, testosterone and similar delta-4 steroids are typically converted to stronger compounds like DHT and DHT derivatives by the enzyme 5-alpha reductase (5AR). 19-nor compounds are an exception to this rule, with 5a-reduced nandrolone (or 19-nor DHT) being a far less potent androgen than nandrolone itself [6]. The 7a-methylation of trestolone (and by extension mentabolan) hinders the reduction of this double bond, so delta 5(10) isomers are a major excreted metabolite [7]. This means that the 7a-methyl group not only makes the compound stronger by increasing androgen receptor affinity [8], but also reduces the ability of the body's enzymes to break it down into weaker metabolites.

The addition of the 7a-methyl group has a flattening effect on the molecule which improves androgen receptor binding [8]. MENT is a strong compound for several reasons (including as previously discussed steric hindrance to 5a-reduction, and an inability to bind with SHBG), but the primary reason for its strength is the increased androgen receptor affinity caused by the conformational changes of the 7a-methyl group [9]. The same will be true of the prohormone to MENT; Mentabolan.

References:
[1] Steroids 1, 299 (1963)
[2] J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 1994 Feb;48(2-3):297-304.
[3] J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1999 Oct;84(10):3556-62.
[4] Acta Endocrinologica, Vol 43, Issue 3, 399-411
[5] J Androl. 1997 Jul-Aug;18(4):352-8.
[6] The Journal of Steroid Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Volume 53, Issues 1-6, 1995, 253-257
[7] Recent advances in doping analysis (12). Sport und Buch Strauß, Köln (2004) 261-268
[8] Steroids. 2009 Feb;74(2):172-97.
[9] The Journal of Steroid Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Volume 71, Issues 5-6, 1999, 213-222

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
If it weren't for all my damn car problems, I'd be all over that!! Stuff looks solid!

jamesm11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Trestone also makes you temporarily infertile and was/is being tested as a male contraceptive. I wonder if this will have the same effect.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
this stuff was sweet. 30mg was good, but mild. the good stuff? 3 packs to make a 6 1/2 week cycle at 50mg e/d! what!!!!

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
IBE/PHF delivering the good stuff :head:

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
WHOA any chance of loggers?
Id love to log this one on AM.com if you are considering it.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
WHOA any chance of loggers?
Id love to log this one on AM.com if you are considering it.
I heard they were, one of the reps offered me a log but I couldn't wait and did a Superdrol bulk instead =\

Would love to run it though. Specially if you can recomp on it... spring/summer recomp cut cycle would be impressive. Stacked with Trenavar muahhahahahha~!

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm actually thinking about trying this but I really don't want to use anything that is damaging to the liver. Googled it but can't find much info except for people trying to sell it.
liver hepatotoxicity shouldn't be a concern, unless stacking with something like dimethazine, or superdrol (or alpha one).

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
liver hepatotoxicity shouldn't be a concern, unless stacking with something like dimethazine, or superdrol (or alpha one).
dimethazine/sd will be gone soon :(

im pumped for ment

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
no, no data, only personal experience (anecdotal, how i felt) and other things, like it only being 7a methylated, and having such a short half life.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looking forward to seeing some retail logs.

superbot

Awards
Oh yeah!!! Got my confirmation email yesterday that my stuff shipped!!! Can't wait for the.goodies.

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I can't wait to see some feedback/logs.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do you know this for a fact or have blood work to back it up?. When SD first came out they said the same thing.
Here is my SD beta-tester blood work. All I took was ALA at 900mg/d. I ran SD as high as 50mg during my trial. My numbers were unaffected...literally

Attachments

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Side Effects:
Side-effects may include those common to anabolic androgenic steroids, including but not limited to: blood pressure increases, HPTA disruption, adverse shifts in lipoprotein subfractions (increased HDL, lowered LDL cholesterol), acne, hair growth or loss. This product should not be used by women or teens.
Is it safe to say that that is a type-o?

tekno

Awards
Actually, there are a lot of people running this over at PHF and most o the feedback is very good.

As far as not seeing bloodwork yet...the product just hit the
Market barely a month ago. Even if you started on the first day the product came out, your cycle wouldn't be over yet...

I'm sure bloodwork will start popping up over the next few weeks

legaljuicer

Awards
I love the product and have ran it with epi

Sent from my HYUNDAI T10 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
50mg preworkout is insane. Crazy pumps and vascularity. Anyone try higher than that immediately preworkout?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
HeavierPlease Anabolics 45
Cycle Logs 10
Anabolics 2
Anabolics 5
Bengal Anabolics 7