Burning it up w/ Dexaprine: Review/log by oli

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Burning it up w/ Dexaprine: Review/log by oli


    First off, thanks again to the guys I-Force Nutrition for hooking this up & allowing me to try Dexaprine. Some background info: I'm 32 and have been working out on & off for at least half those years and in more recent times - tightened up my training. Pre-workouts/thermogenics/stimulants I've tried include: AS-GT, Jack3d, LIT-UP, and e/c/a. Currently running FRL's AlphaMass (1-AD product) and using 5/3/1 as my training template.

    Goals with Dexaprine:

    - Maintain 100% intensity/focus in the gym.
    - Increase calories (pre-workout & immediately post-workout) all the while, staying lean.
    - Fight off day time lethargy.

    Took first 1/2 caplet about an hour after lunch - about 25 mins later felt a "change." Felt more antsy, like I wanted to move around - was actually moving my feet a lot while playing Madden2010. Also noticed my palms starting getting sweaty. Took the second 1/2 half of the caplet about an hour later and went to the gym.

    Today was "Back day" and workout was as follows:

    Db Rows:
    80 x 10
    105 x 8
    105 x 8
    100 x 12<|-- rest pause last 2 reps

    Pull ups w/ 25lb plate:
    4 x 8 reps

    Db Pull-overs:
    40lbs 2 x 15

    Pendlay Rows:
    135 x 6
    135 x 8
    135 x 9

    Decline sit-ups:
    40, 32, 13

    Planks:
    2 x 30 seconds

    -22 minutes walking at 4 degree incline at 2.9mph.

    observations:
    -
    Intensity was definitely there. I haven't been using higher than 80lb D.b.'s for too long & the last few weeks I've felt taxed heavily when doing them. Chin ups were also done last week in a similar fashion, but this weeks workout was different with Dexaprine. The sustained intensity was there - was definitely not as fatigued as I was during last weeks back session. I knocked out some good sit ups, hopped on the treadmill and could've went longer as I wasn't tired at all.

    As far as appetite suppression - it's working. I'm always hungry post-workout & those 105's were the heaviest I ever used (heavy workouts make me eat). I had a plate of food just sitting in front of me. I made myself eat, cuz I could've easily forgotten to eat. I foresee myself forcing myself to eat a lot in the next few weeks.

    So far, so good. I'll keep this log updated every few days.


  2. Also, stim effect was perfect - not too much, but just enough. I've read logs where people were feeling cracked out or nauseous, but I felt neither. It was clean and smooth - for me, it almost resembles the stimulant effects of LIT-UP.
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by oli View Post
    Also, stim effect was perfect - not too much, but just enough. I've read logs where people were feeling cracked out or nauseous, but I felt neither. It was clean and smooth - for me, it almost resembles the stimulant effects of LIT-UP.
    Wow thats interesting because Lit-Up has no 1,3 in it... hmm... In to follow!
    Good luck!
    RecoverBro ELITE

  4. definitely following this log, glad your initial reaction to it was a good one
    MAN Sports Online Lead Rep and Sales
    http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/man/pure-pf3-free-fermented-leucine-limited-time.html
    Like us on Facebook! Follow me on Instagram: Rob_MANSports

  5. Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    Wow thats interesting because Lit-Up has no 1,3 in it... hmm... In to follow!
    Good luck!
    True, no 1,3 but the caffeine, theobromine, DMAE, Tyrosine, and methyl b-12 in LIT-UP gives me that "stimulated/stimulant" effect. I think that was one of their selling points - not having to use something as potent - I could be wrong though. Either way, I like 1,3.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by oli View Post
    True, no 1,3 but the caffeine, theobromine, DMAE, Tyrosine, and methyl b-12 in LIT-UP gives me that "stimulated/stimulant" effect. I think that was one of their selling points - not having to use something as potent - I could be wrong though. Either way, I like 1,3.
    I fricken LOVE 1,3.... haha. I just know I cant take it too often. Or I wont sleep.
    RecoverBro ELITE

  7. Quote Originally Posted by oli View Post
    Also, stim effect was perfect - not too much, but just enough. I've read logs where people were feeling cracked out or nauseous, but I felt neither. It was clean and smooth - for me, it almost resembles the stimulant effects of LIT-UP.
    Good to hear . Its usually those really sensitive to stims that get those nasty side effects. I am not sensitive to stims, but the first time I took a full tab, I hated it. Now I can take 1.5 tabs and it's ridiculous! Glad you are liking it!
    Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative

  8. Dexaprine is my favorite all around stim on the market.

  9. Sure am liking it! Dosed 1 full cap upon waking & ate right after (around 0950). I felt what all the hype was about.

    --Stimulant/focus effects: 10/10 - Was ready to go - felt like I needed to be doing something, but not with that over the top stim'd out feeling I get from taking Black Widows (e/c/a blend).

    --Appetite supression: 10/10 - Made myself eat lunch - i could've skipped it altogether, but I needed my cal's to fuel my upcoming shoulder workout.

    Energy was still felt ~4 hours later after some afternoon lovin' w/ the wife - I'm usually lazy afterwards & the energy was going strong well into my workout and I don't feel worn out all just yet. Had a pretty thorough workout earlier which I'll post in a little bit. //actually, tomorrow - left workout log in car //

  10. Quote Originally Posted by southpaw23 View Post
    Dexaprine is my favorite all around stim on the market.
    As always, thanks for the support .

    Mike
    Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative
    •   
       


  11. yesterdays workout


    • Barbell press
      120 x 5
      140 x 3
      155 x 5
      115 x 3 x 11 reps

      Lateral machine
      75 x 12
      75 x 13
      75 x 14

      45# plate front raises
      2 x 15

      Face pulls
      44 x 12
      50 x 2 x 12

      Biceps

      EZ bar curls
      65 x 10
      85 x 3 x 5

      Low cable [while atg] curls
      85 x 11
      100 x 10
      100 x 8

      Triceps

      Overhead DB extension:
      40 x 12
      45 x 12
      50 x 12

      Pushdowns
      100 x 12
      130 x 10

      Dips
      w/ 50lbs x 12
      " " 70 x 8
      " " 90 x 14

      Energy was high all throughout the workout with 1 cap dosed about 4 hours earlier - felt like i could've worked out much longer.



  12. How many days a week are you training with full body workouts?


    Mike
    Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative

  13. Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench View Post
    How many days a week are you training with full body workouts?


    Mike
    i'm supposed to be doing 1 body part a day - i just like to throw arms in on any random day.

    btw, Dexaprine is keeping me really warm

  14. Quote Originally Posted by oli View Post
    i'm supposed to be doing 1 body part a day - i just like to throw arms in on any random day.

    btw, Dexaprine is keeping me really warm
    OO okay.. I must have read your workouts wrong.. got to go back and check it out! I usually take my dexaprime an hour before work, and when I get to my work 45 mins later, my legs always start to sweat!

    Mike
    Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative

  15. i love that you still had energy after the afternoon delight!

    now thats a selling point. good stuff right here, and YES it does definitely keep you warm
    New-Man Nutrition Services
    http://www.facebook.com/newmannutrition.newman?ref=ts
    Live Free, Train Hard

  16. so i took one cap around 11am (yesterday) then another 1/2 cap around 4 so i could have energy to drive 4 hours to San Diego.. then the other 1/2 before 6. This was all after a MadCow 5x5 workout.

    Long story short: went to bed at 1000pm - didn't sleep til around 3am. Never felt over stim'd at all, but i just had all the energy in the world.

    Synopsis: Long-lasting energy

  17. 10/24 workout:

    Deadlifts:
    210 x 5
    250 x 5
    295 x 5
    335 x 5

    Barbell press:
    90 x 5
    110 x 5
    125 x 5
    145 x 5

    Squat:
    130 x 5
    160 x 5
    190 x 2 x 5

    Had 1 cap ~2 hours prior to this workout.

    Felt great all throughout. Energy had me resting less between sets

  18. Quote Originally Posted by oli View Post
    10/24 workout:

    Deadlifts:
    210 x 5
    250 x 5
    295 x 5
    335 x 5

    Barbell press:
    90 x 5
    110 x 5
    125 x 5
    145 x 5

    Squat:
    130 x 5
    160 x 5
    190 x 2 x 5

    Had 1 cap ~2 hours prior to this workout.

    Felt great all throughout. Energy had me resting less between sets
    throwing in some 5x5? good work man!
    RecoverBro ELITE

  19. Sorry I'm late...


  20. Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    throwing in some 5x5? good work man!
    had to do it in preparation for Thanksgiving eating session(s) - figured it would set the stage for some gains.

    i might just switch from 5/3/1 altogether to MadCow - i like how both are set-up, but with MadCow i'm getting more squat work which in-turn should help drive up my deadlift numbers...or at least i hope so

  21. Quote Originally Posted by StakedCop View Post
    Sorry I'm late...
    never too late bro!

  22. Quote Originally Posted by oli

    had to do it in preparation for Thanksgiving eating session(s) - figured it would set the stage for some gains.

    i might just switch from 5/3/1 altogether to MadCow - i like how both are set-up, but with MadCow i'm getting more squat work which in-turn should help drive up my deadlift numbers...or at least i hope so
    Hmm. Might be beneficial to do a deadlifting type program. Seeing your squat is already quite strong. There will be some transfer in strength but it could be your squat is already technically much better than the dead and you just need more rep work with your dead lift. I'm no expert though just tossing the probability out there.

    Good luck and happy holidays.
    RecoverBro ELITE

  23. damn up till 3am!!! might want to cut it off around 3pm... but that is great that you didnt feel tweaked out at all
    New-Man Nutrition Services
    http://www.facebook.com/newmannutrition.newman?ref=ts
    Live Free, Train Hard

  24. Quote Originally Posted by JN230 View Post
    damn up till 3am!!! might want to cut it off around 3pm... but that is great that you didnt feel tweaked out at all
    Haha whenever I lift later in the day and take my dexaprime around 4:30, I am literally up until 4am!
    Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative

  25. been sick since saturday - so not much going on - gonna try & hit the gym tomorrow

  26. Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench View Post
    Haha whenever I lift later in the day and take my dexaprime around 4:30, I am literally up until 4am!
    400am? wow, man..that's dedication right there! I used to do AM workouts but around 7 - which was pretty sweet - it allowed me to hit the gym again if i wanted and get a good nap in between. Was on Halovar though- which might've explained me being eager to hit the gym

  27. have you been a badass yet and try 1.5 caps?!?!?
    Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative

  28. Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench View Post
    have you been a badass yet and try 1.5 caps?!?!?
    Not just yet man - planning too (prob. Monday) How's that 1.5 caps work for u?

  29. random update:

    dosed around 11:10AM after eating a bowl of cereal, muffin, milk/whey mix.
    - got to class 11:30 and felt energized, focused & warm
    - it's now 1:53PM & i need to eat - had this plate of chicken breasts and rice sitting in front of me for ~2o mins now.
    -- appetite suppression is still as strong as ever, as are it's energizing/stimulant effects - which is why I dose on a not-empty stomach

  30. Quote Originally Posted by oli View Post
    random update:

    dosed around 11:10AM after eating a bowl of cereal, muffin, milk/whey mix.
    - got to class 11:30 and felt energized, focused & warm
    - it's now 1:53PM & i need to eat - had this plate of chicken breasts and rice sitting in front of me for ~2o mins now.
    -- appetite suppression is still as strong as ever, as are it's energizing/stimulant effects - which is why I dose on a not-empty stomach

    I love using dexaprime when bulking for pre-workout energy, but then I dont eat the rest of the day.. which sucks when bulking!! It def is very strong! But since I'm in contest prep now, I am loving it
    Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. dexaprine review
    By phatmike0704 in forum I-Force Nutrition
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 02-19-2012, 11:31 AM
  2. Dexaprine Sample review :)
    By SynergyIre in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-03-2011, 03:18 PM
  3. First Dexaprine review from a retail store owner...
    By VaughnTrue in forum I-Force Nutrition
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 05-03-2011, 02:50 AM
  4. First Dexaprine review comes in...(retail store owner)
    By VaughnTrue in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-22-2011, 11:18 PM
  5. difference between burning fat and burning calories
    By Swoldierboy in forum Supplements
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-13-2009, 06:41 PM
Log in
Log in