The only thing holding me back from starting my protodrol is fear of hairloss

  1. New Member
    dexterfan's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    59
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    72.1%

    The only thing holding me back from starting my protodrol is fear of hairloss


    Hi I'm new to the forum but if you don't mind I'll cut right to the chase.

    I am scared of hairloss which is holding me back from taking my protodrol.

    I've never used any PH or anabolics.

    I have a normal hairline, not a very good one or a very bad one.


    My dad and most male relatives are the same.


    But I read on BB.com that a lot of people had very bad hairloss sides from this product.


    I heard you can test if you are going to be bald from anabolics or not or something with a strip test at home or something.


    Can anyone help me out. Thanks

  2. New Member
    dexterfan's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    59
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    72.1%

    also the bottle says i should combine it with reversitol, testabolan v2 and max out post workout. where can I order these products? thanks
  3. New Member
    Smooth001's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    26
    Rep Power
    67
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    44.63%

    The herb "saw palmetto" can be used to help manage dht. As for the other products you've listed- google. There are many websites available that offer supplements and nutritional advice..bodybuilding.com,suppl ementwarehouse,tsfsupplements. ... Good luck
    •   
       

  4. Banned
    deadaim's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    891
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    23
    Lv. Percent
    27.26%

    dont use suppwarehouse
  5. Elite Member
    criticalbench's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,829
    Rep Power
    767475
    Level
    62
    Lv. Percent
    53.23%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    I did not experience this during any of my runs with protodrol, but anytime you are dealing with hormones, there is a possibility and no way around it. You may want to look into something that blocks DHT. Someone mentioned saw palmetto but I thought that was specific to the prostate? Finasteride is commonly used by AAS users who are sensitive to this matter and may be worth a look.

    Mike
  6. Banned
    deadaim's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    891
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    23
    Lv. Percent
    27.26%

    Correct, saw palmetto competes for DHT binding to the prostate, but not to the scalp as far as I know
  7. Senior Member
    suresha's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,085
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    16.41%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    tocopherols such as toco-8 by primordial performance $23.96 on sale until 6/21
    plus it has a list of other health benefits also without the sexual side affects that could come with finasteride
  8. New Member
    manicstudio's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  268 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    86
    Rep Power
    124
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    29.94%

    If I'm not mistaking...if u block the dht release of the compound it would stir up side effects such as gyno and other things that I can't recall right now...that's my fear bout AAS n prohormones usage too; its seems like you either roll the dice with hairloss or gyno and strunken testes...anybody know???
  9. New Member
    dexterfan's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    59
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    72.1%

    thanks a lot for the great replies guys. i highly appreciate it.
  10. Banned
    deadaim's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    891
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    23
    Lv. Percent
    27.26%

    In all honesty dexter I have heard great things about proto, but theres no reason to settle on it.
  11. Professional Member
    kingjameskjf's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,476
    Rep Power
    3250884
    Level
    71
    Lv. Percent
    65.07%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench View Post
    I did not experience this during any of my runs with protodrol, but anytime you are dealing with hormones, there is a possibility and no way around it. You may want to look into something that blocks DHT. Someone mentioned saw palmetto but I thought that was specific to the prostate? Finasteride is commonly used by AAS users who are sensitive to this matter and may be worth a look.

    Mike
    I agree with Mike. PH/DS always have risks associated because you're messing with your hormones. What we try to do is limit the possible sides. If you notice adverse sides you're not willing to live with...then stop using that product. Have good cycle support and post cycle support lined up before you start and that alone will help with a lot of issues. I've heard lots of good things about Finasteride, plus another good hair option is Virile Mane. I think most users not prone to MPB have been fine on proto.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep
  12. New Member
    iForce Dave's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    477
    Rep Power
    908
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    97.51%

    Quote Originally Posted by kingjameskjf View Post
    I agree with Mike. PH/DS always have risks associated because you're messing with your hormones. What we try to do is limit the possible sides. If you notice adverse sides you're not willing to live with...then stop using that product. Have good cycle support and post cycle support lined up before you start and that alone will help with a lot of issues. I've heard lots of good things about Finasteride, plus another good hair option is Virile Mane. I think most users not prone to MPB have been fine on proto.
    i never had an issue but if you are prone finasteride would be the best option for sure.
    iForce Nutrition Sponsored Athlete
    www.iforcenutrition.com
    facebook.com/iforcedave
  13. Elite Member
    criticalbench's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,829
    Rep Power
    767475
    Level
    62
    Lv. Percent
    53.23%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by deadaim View Post
    Correct, saw palmetto competes for DHT binding to the prostate, but not to the scalp as far as I know
    That's what I thought.. I knew I took this stuff for a reason
  14. New Member
    dexterfan's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    59
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    72.1%

    Quote Originally Posted by deadaim View Post
    In all honesty dexter I have heard great things about proto, but theres no reason to settle on it.
    what exactly does this mean? (i am not an english speaker)
  15. New Member
    iForce Dave's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    477
    Rep Power
    908
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    97.51%

    Quote Originally Posted by dexterfan View Post
    what exactly does this mean? (i am not an english speaker)
    he is saying that its a great product, but there are other options. I personally think you should give proto a try, and just watch and you can always stop the cycle.
    iForce Nutrition Sponsored Athlete
    www.iforcenutrition.com
    facebook.com/iforcedave
  16. Elite Member
    criticalbench's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,829
    Rep Power
    767475
    Level
    62
    Lv. Percent
    53.23%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by iForce Dave View Post
    he is saying that its a great product, but there are other options. I personally think you should give proto a try, and just watch and you can always stop the cycle.
    Agreed. If you keep the cycle within the recommended time frame, and mg amount, I truly doubt that is enough time to cause irreversible hair loss; although it is possible, I just like to remember how truly resilient our anatomical bodies are.


    Mike
  17. New Member
    twistid's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    143
    Rep Power
    161
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    89.93%

    Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench View Post
    Agreed. If you keep the cycle within the recommended time frame, and mg amount, I truly doubt that is enough time to cause irreversible hair loss; although it is possible, I just like to remember how truly resilient our anatomical bodies are.


    Mike
    Are you saying that hairloss caused by pro-hormones is reversible as long as you dont abuse the supplement?
  18. Elite Member
    criticalbench's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,829
    Rep Power
    767475
    Level
    62
    Lv. Percent
    53.23%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    From what has been exposed in the past in regards to hair loss with hormonals, appropriate dosages and lengths should not lead to permanent hair loss but that is just from what I have seen. In the end, the decision comes down to you if you want to pull the trigger because there is no way to tell how your body will respond.
  19. New Member
    WebDesigner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    234
    Rep Power
    209
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    17.93%

    Well the decision is up to you, if you are genetically prone to hair loss you most likely will lose some hair. But you wont go bald in 1 month. However some of the hair can come back but it wont look how it was before. The hair follicle gets weakened because of the dht increase in your scalp. 1 cycle wont make you go bald but you will lose hair if your prone.

    Ask yourself can you live with some hair loss as a consequence of more muscle and strength?

    If you can then go ahead with the cycle, many have preferred muscle over hair in this lifestyle. Im not one of them tho, wish there was a hair loss free roid out there....
  20. Elite Member
    criticalbench's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,829
    Rep Power
    767475
    Level
    62
    Lv. Percent
    53.23%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by WebDesigner View Post
    Well the decision is up to you, if you are genetically prone to hair loss you most likely will lose some hair. But you wont go bald in 1 month. However some of the hair can come back but it wont look how it was before. The hair follicle gets weakened because of the dht increase in your scalp. 1 cycle wont make you go bald but you will lose hair if your prone.

    Ask yourself can you live with some hair loss as a consequence of more muscle and strength?

    If you can then go ahead with the cycle, many have preferred muscle over hair in this lifestyle. Im not one of them tho, wish there was a hair loss free roid out there....
    Very solid post and OP just remember, there are things you can take to limit it and maybe prevent it which works for the majority of people, but always plan for the worst, because for some it may be the only option.

    Mike
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-26-2009, 03:59 PM
  2. Keeping Hormones in Balance while starting a hairloss regimen
    By Smitty109 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-07-2009, 11:36 AM
  3. Fear of overtraining, even more fear of under training!
    By AndreAnabolic in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 01-22-2009, 01:50 AM
  4. Starting Back Up! Recommended Sups?
    By Tone in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-18-2008, 10:48 AM
  5. I did a stupid thing with a close thing.
    By x_muscle in forum General Chat
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 10-11-2006, 11:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in