Francisco Montealegre - Genomyx Sponsored Athelete

Page 19 of 22 First ... 1718192021 ... Last

1. Another strong week as far as training is concerned! HOwever im getting a little sick so i will skip my leg training tonight...Everybody its been sick at the office for the past several weeks and finally i got it...it pisses me off LOL! well I just have a sore throat for now and i am taking an extra serving of all my anti-oxidants and drinking tons of water to help me flush it out quick.

As far as training last night i did chest/Delts/Arms....Great workout despite the fact that i was feeling a little sick. I changed my chest workout to mix things up...n i was surprised that my chest is really really sore today....feels great. This is what i did last night:

1. Incline DB press (20,15,12,10,10, 4x Sequence)
    2. Flat BB press + DB flys (2 sets - 8 + max reps)
    3. Hs Inc Press : 2 sets x 12 with deadstops
    4. BW Dips + Pec minor Dips ( 3 sets x 15-20 x max reps)
    5. Machine Flys (2 sets x 12)

2. Unfortunately I have been sick for a few days now...sunday was the worse day...However i started do hit the gym again today...still feeling week but i went thru the motions for about an hour to get my system back on track. This is what i did:

Close Grip pulldowns 3 sets x 15
    HS low Rows 3 sets x 15
    Machine pull overs 3 sets x 15
    HS High Rows 2 sets x 12

HS Chest press 3 sets x 15
    Bodyweight Dips x 3 sets x 12
    Machine flys 3 sets x 12

Cable Side lateral raises 3 sets x 15
    Rear Delt Machine 3 sets x 15

Tris cable ext 3 sets x 15
    Preacher Curl machine 3 sets x 15

Cardio 15 mins

I hope to feel better tomorrow.
    •   

3. I'm back on track

Finally after a tough week and im back on track...I was doing so well 2 wks ago and then and i got sick.... IT sucks but things like this happens. However I did my best to train while i was sick...i ended up training 3 times last week.

On the other hand, today i started to feel stronger in the gym so i pushed myself harder than last week...i managed to go heavy on my rows and presses..

1. HS high rows (holding contraction for 2 secs)
    4 plates + 25 x 5 reps x 4 sets

2.DB rows (with deadstops)
    125's x 10 x 3 sets

3. HS pullovers
    200 x 12 x 3 sets

4. inc DB press
    110's x 5 x 4 sets (holding streched position for 1-2 secs)

5. Weighted dips
    50 attached x 10 x 3 sets

6. Cable flys
    3 sets x 15

7. Machine side laterals
    3 sets x 15

8. Rear Delt
    3 sets x 15

9. Tris ext
    3 sets x 15

10.bis curls
    3 sets x 15

My strenght is coming back and i feel that this is the begining of a great week.

4. VIDEO from this weekend leg workout. This was a new PR (315x20) for me!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9m_3mbS5Q4s

5. Quote Originally Posted by fmoncas View Post
    VIDEO from this weekend leg workout. This was a new PR (315x20) for me!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9m_3mbS5Q4s
    Great stuff on the PR!

~Rosie~
    Athlete ~ Trainer ~ Writer
    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - @rosiecheewarrior

Contact [email protected] for INDIVIDUALIZED Fitness Management
    Motivation. Knowledge. Results.
    www.rosiesmusclerevolution.com
    •   

6. HAPPY BIRTHDAY
    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - @rosiecheewarrior

7. Happy Birthday man!

Enjoy some cake, hope you had an awesome day!

8. Thanks Guys! I think that i gained like 5 lbs after my b-day celebration ...now its time to get back to my numbers..thanks once again

9. Quote Originally Posted by fmoncas View Post
    Thanks Guys! I think that i gained like 5 lbs after my b-day celebration ...now its time to get back to my numbers..thanks once again
    No worries and you're welcome

Back on track - I am there as well now. Finally!

~Rosie~

10. Quote Originally Posted by fmoncas View Post
    Thanks Guys! I think that i gained like 5 lbs after my b-day celebration ...now its time to get back to my numbers..thanks once again
    Think of it as a super refeed.

11. Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    No worries and you're welcome

Back on track - I am there as well now. Finally!

~Rosie~
    nice to hear Rosie! keep it up...

12. Quote Originally Posted by itzDodge View Post
    Think of it as a super refeed.
    Def a super Refeed....5000 cals at least LOL!

13. After my b-day HUGE eating rampage (PIC) i ended up gaining several lbs of fat/water but i went back to my macros on monday and now i am feeling that i am back to were i was before...Still 2-3 months away before starting my real diet so im ok as far as my goal is concerned... my goal is to start my diet as lean as i can in order to experiment and see if it makes a difference as far as muscle retention, Strenght and they way i feel during my prep.

On the other hand, I had a great Workout Yesterday...I trained my arms and delts and sice my front delt was a little sore i decided to change things up a little and this is what i did:

1. Rear Delt machine 3 sets x 15
    2. Rear Delt Cable (inclined) 3 sets x 15
    3. Side LAteral Raises (incline bench) - 3 sets
    4. Heavy DB Lateral Swings - 3 sets
    5. Overhead DB PRess - 3 sets
    6. Side Lateral MAchine 3 sets
    7. REar delt with Dbs - 3 sets

Basically what i did was to start with the rear delt, then moving on to the side and ending with the front and back. I have never done this split before but i like the fact that my rear and side delts got more volume/work (double) than the front that is more developed and yesterdat was pretty sore from my presses.

As far as bis and tris i hit them hard but i did my typical workout 4 exe each with lighther weights and lots of reps to increase the TUT.

Finally a pic from my b-day celebration...Im sure i had at least 5000 cals - Well I cant do this everyday so i enjoyed to the max
    Attached Images Attached Images  

14. Today Legs...Redemtion!

I had legs scheduled for last friday but i was so tired at the end of the week from work and my training that i end up having a miserable 30 min workout. I tried hard but it was not working...my mind was already thinking about going to bed LOL! Anyway i decided to leave the gym and go home. However its been bothering me since them and today i decided to go hit legs again to redeem myself.

1. BB squats
    135x20
    225x10
    275x10
    315x8
    315x8
    315x8
    315x8
    315x8

2. Romanian BB Deadlifts (focusing on max strech - Keeping legs/knees locked and going deep until the plates touch the floor)
    135x 10
    225x10
    275x10
    315x10
    315x10

3. Squat machine (facing the machine)
    2pl/side x 8
    3pl/side x 8
    4pl/side x 8
    5pl/side x 8
    6pl/side x 8
    7pl/side x 8

4. Seated LEg Curls
    200x15
    200x15
    200x15
    200x15

5. Standing Calf Raises
    4 sets x 12 reps
    Attached Images Attached Images  

15. Quote Originally Posted by fmoncas View Post
    The Armor is on...Im Ready for War!!!

...GReat T Design! and fits really well! This new Genomyx T is my def one of my fav.
    The new shirts are bad ass and I agree the fit is awesome!

16. Your legs look awesome very vascular! I bet that 5000cal meal didn't hurt with the pump/vascularity

17. Quote Originally Posted by MM11 View Post
    Your legs look awesome very vascular! I bet that 5000cal meal didn't hurt with the pump/vascularity
    Yeah the T is awesome! thanks for the comments bro!

18. Back/Chest

HS Low Row
    2pl/side x 15
    3pl/side x 15
    3pl+25/side x 15
    3pl+25/side x 15

Seated Cable Rows (1sec contraction)
    180 x 15
    180 x 15
    180 x 15
    180 x 15

Seated High Cable Rows (unilateral - 1 sec cont)
    200x15
    200x15
    200x15

Lat Pulldown
    3 sets x max reps

Decline DB press
    100's x 12
    100's x 12
    100's x 12
    100's x 12

HS wide press
    3pl side x 8 + push ups
    3pl side x 8 + push ups
    3pl side x 8 + push ups

Cable flys
    3 sets x 15 reps

Bodyweight Dips + Chest minor dips
    15-20 x max reps
    15-20 x max reps
    15-20 x max reps

Cardio 30 mins

19. Legs Tonight

I was pretty tired from work and my lower back was really sore so squating or deadlifting was out of the question...I decided to hit my legs hard with leg press only. I did a workout that i did back in 09 called the century leg press workout or something like that. To make the story short you have to start with 1plate per side and hit 10 reps and then add another plate per side and increase 10 more reps...then another plate and 10 more reps...in paper looks simple but i was about to pass out during my last set. This is what i managed to do:

Leg press
    1 plate per side x 10
    2 plates per side x 20
    3 plates per side x 30
    4 plates per side x 40
    5 plates per side x 50
    6 plates per side x 60
    7 plates per side x 30....my legs were about to explode and i had to stop..maybe next time i try to hit 70 but seems imposible LOL!

Leg curls
    180 x 30 reps
    180 x 30 reps
    180 x 30 reps

Leg Extensions
    3 sets x 30 reps (dont remember what weight i used...;(

Standing Calf Raises + Seated Calf Raises superset
    3 sets x 15 x 15

Cardio x 25 minutes

20. I really like that modification you did to the century leg press. I find things like that really help keep training "fun" on some days I'm dragging.

21. And awesome job by the way. If I'm reading that right you had 6 plates on each side and did a set of 60 reps? That's insane!

22. Quote Originally Posted by MM11 View Post
    And awesome job by the way. If I'm reading that right you had 6 plates on each side and did a set of 60 reps? That's insane!
    Thanks bro...

23. Its been a long week for me...but its almost done!

Today I decided to change things up a little with lots of supersets..

Chest/Back

1. HS High Rows + pull ups
    4 sets x 10 x 10

2. HS Low Rows + pull ups
    4 sets x 10 x 10

3. Pull ups + Straight arm pull downs
    4 sets x 10 x 10

4. Flat DB press
    5 sets x 10 reps

5. HS press (upper chest) + Push ups
    4 sets x 10 x 10

6. Dips + Cable flyes
    4 sets x 10 x 10

Im so tired today...but its time to keep moving foward

24. I want to talk today about digestion.... Are you absorving what you eat???

I’m sure that most of us meat heads are eating the rightamount of macros (prots/fats/carbs) to build more muscle…a perfect dietright!!…however let me ask you this…Are you sure that you are absorbing properlywhat you are eating? Well if you are having symptoms like bloating, gas, orother uncomfortable symptoms the answer is probably…No!

If you are in offseason trying to gain mass and eatinglots of calories but you are having digestive issues you are wasting yourmoney, your time and I’m sure that you are stressing your digestive system. Ihave experienced this before…back in 2008 (offseason) I was trying to gainmuscle so I was eating lots and lots of calories and I started to feel all the symptomsthat I described above…however I was stubborn and I had the mentality “no painno gain”…so I work thru it but I made my life miserable for several months….atthe end I reached a bodyweight of 230 lbs but when it was time to get back tocontest shape I ended up weighting the same…the moral of the story is that nomatter how hard you try, how many cals you take or how much pain you cantolerate because if your digestive systemis not working properly you are walking in circles.

After that I became a big fan of DIGESTIVE ENZYMES andPROBIOTICS. They work in both the stomach and intestinal environments, Alsothey help the body to break down fats,proteins and carbs….in addition They are very inexpensive so I have been taking3 pills everyday with my main solid meals. Simple things like this can make abig difference overtime…because at the end it doesn’t matter what you eat if youcan absorb it right!

Also GENOMYX has a great product Called Gut Health… thelatest in probiotic technology. Containing a specialized force of complementaryprobiotic strains, it also helps contribute to optimized nutrientabsorption, protection against foodborne/environmental pathogens, prevention ofbowel irritation/inflammation etc….It is also very affordable so i'll be taking this from now on...... When it comes to supplements I like to keep thing simple..Albert Einstein said "When the solution is simple, God is answering" So i dont waste my money on the next [email protected] or the supp that promise to make you gain 10lbs of muscle..just keep things simple, cover the basics and make your your body is running smoothly and time will take care of the rest

Keep training hard and smart

25. Your post is so true. Years back when I first got serious into training I thought the new fad supplement was going to be the answer. I spent so much time looking into supplements, when honestly I should have been reading about diets. About 5 years back I was given some good direction regarding priorities, and I have not looked back. Sticking to the basics has changed my entire lifestyle as well as my approach to fitness. It has made all the difference in the world in my opinion.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. V2 & BC+EAA help win the NPC San Francisco
    By biggkarim in forum LG Sciences
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-13-2010, 09:14 PM
  2. LG's new sponsored Athelete: INARIUS!!!
    By GMG760 in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 06-18-2010, 02:59 PM
  3. sponsored athelete tees
    By biggkarim in forum Millennium Sport Technologies
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-25-2008, 11:56 PM