TRN & Zol - Review and PCT log (8 weeker)

BigMattTx

BigMattTx

Awards
  • Established
Alright guys...I am on day 4 of my PCT for what ending up being an 8 week cycle. I ran prostanozol (Mega-Zol) solo to start and ended up adding in TRN.

Dosing
------
Week 1 - 100mg Zol
Week 2-3 - 150mg Zol
Week 4,5 - 150mg Zol / 2mg TRN
Week 6 - 2mg TRN
Week 7 - 4mg TRN
Week 8 - 6mg TRN

Support supps were Hawthorn for BP, fish oil, taurine, potassium and I ran an EC stack in weeks 6 and 7.

PCT
----
For PCT, I am kicking it into a natural anabolic type supplement stack. I am running the following:
CEE, Taurine, AAKG - Pre/Post Workout
Sesamin
AX Rampage
AX Retain
Fish Oil/Multi
Milk Thistle

I have been running Nolva at 40mg for the past 3 nights and I will probably do a 40/20/20 with an additional week of 20 if i feel its needed. I was going to try fenugreek as I bought 2 bottles but then I heard some feedback about sensitive nipples so I'm gonna pass on that.

Also, I plan on running my first NHA stack in about a month. I have Bulk 95% Nettle Root from CNW (Activate) and ATD so Im gonna give that a shoot pretty soon. I will probably throw in the fenugreek with that and I also have some Maca that Im going to start today.

Gains
-----
I started and ended the cycle at 185. My weight fluctuated a little bit but this was a recomp. cycle and it was a success. I am at the same weight but I estimate that I have lost about 10 pounds as my waist has lost somewhere around 1-2" and I now have pretty good ab definition. Prostanozol gives you pumps and the combo was excellent. When the TRN first kicked in, while mixed with the Zol, I had this feeling when I would lift like I could feel each muscle fiber contracting. It was a great feeling. The zol seemed to make me hold a little water as did the TRN but it was barely noticeable. The best part about these compounds is their anti-catabolic, give dry gains and aid in fatloss so they are great for cutting/recomp.

Sides
------
The sides were pretty insignificant. Nothing to complain about but I know my body well so I can tell what changes. What I experienced is the following: With Zol and TRN, you get slight joint pain. I never had it to where it stopped me from pushing myself in the gym but I could feel that my joints were a little dry (and still are). Libido was barely effected until I bumped the dosage of TRN up in the last 2 weeks. I could tell it was down quite a bit but I kind of liked it cause it kept me away from distractions and focused on training/diet. My blood pressure was elevated slightly but the hawthorn kept it at a mangeable level (even with the EC). I was going to run this cycle for 9 or 10 weeks but I felt like the gains were starting to slow and there were a couple sides that were heightened--Cramps were one. i started to get them more often, even when I didnt work out (and I was supplementing with Taurine/Potassium to avoid these). They were mainly in my arms/shoulders and this would not make me stop but I also started to get a slight pain in my chest (around where my heart was). I took this as being some type of cardiovascular problem and my heart is certainly not something I am going to risk.

Conclusion
----------
I feel like this cycle was a success, even given the circumstances I ended it on. I was trying TRN for the first time so I wanted to see what dosages had what effects on my body. In all honesty, I wasnt going to stop until I got sides that made me as I wanted to explore the effects of this compound. 6mg brought on the sides but 4mg was easy on the sides. Now that I know what TRN does on it own, when I add it into a future cycle, it will probably be at 4mg. A stack of 4mg TRN/ 150-200mg Zol would actually be really good. Id recommend a 30-day cycle at that dosage to anyone that wants to try this stack. The stack is a great cutter or recomp but I wouldnt run it with a bulking diet.

There isnt much feedback on this so I wanted to give some. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice recap Matt. I don't think I saw any mention, good or bad, on the hairline. Did it take a hit at all?

BigMattTx

BigMattTx

Awards
  • Established
No I did not notice any shedding but I also do not worry too much about my hair because I dont think i am prone. I have heard that Megazol can do a little damage to the hairline though

mesco

Awards
nice writeup and lots of good info as i have a few bottles of all the GL products and im trying to put something together while waiting for pct to be finished from an aas cycle. few questions:

how many calories were you eating a day? protein intake? fat? carbs?

did you do cardio while on?

what time of the day did you take the trn/zol?

what made you decide to throw the EC stack in there? worth it?

no clomid in pct?

had you originally planned on adding the trn or was it an after thought? if you could do it over would you end with the zol rather than the trn?

thanks and any input is greatly appreciated.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Matt so 6mg did it for you too huh?? That seems like the cutting poing 4mg trn is the highest I'm going at 6mg the sides aren't worth it.

BigMattTx

BigMattTx

Awards
  • Established
nice writeup and lots of good info as i have a few bottles of all the GL products and im trying to put something together while waiting for post cycle therapy to be finished from an anabolic steroids cycle. few questions:

how many calories were you eating a day? protein intake? fat? carbs?

did you do cardio while on?

what time of the day did you take the trn/zol?

what made you decide to throw the EC stack in there? worth it?

no clomid in post cycle therapy?

had you originally planned on adding the trn or was it an after thought? if you could do it over would you end with the zol rather than the trn?

thanks and any input is greatly appreciated.
I was eating right around maitenance or a little below most of the time. Typically aim for a 40/40/20 split and I take in most of my calories from foods like Tuna, Chicken, Lean Beef, Nuts, Milk, Oats, etc.

I did do a little cardio while on but it was not a consistent thing. I was already hitting up the gym for weight training a lot and I didnt want to stress my CNS too much but cardio was not difficult on this stack.

I split the doses up. When it was at 2mg, I took it an hour before the gym. Other than that, just split them evenly seperated and take 1 dose preworkout.

I decided to throw EC in for a bit to accelerate fatloss and it always helps me with my diet because of its appetite curbing effects. I also wanted to see if it would raise my BP to an unsafe level and it did not. If you can throw in the EC without upping your BP too much, Id recommend it if you are cutting.

Clomid is not necessary for PCT especially for this stack. It has relatively low shutdown. I always use Nolva as the sides for Clomid don't appeal to me.

As for adding in the TRN, I did my first prostanozol only cycle a few months ago and part of the way through this one, I decided I wanted a little something more as prostanozol is quite weak on its own. TRN and prostanozol are both similar in the way that they are good for adding LBM and cutting so I thought it would be a good stack. Like I said, if I were to do this cycle again, I would run it for 4-5 weeks and run both megazol and mega-trn throughout.

BigMattTx

BigMattTx

Awards
  • Established
Matt so 6mg did it for you too huh?? That seems like the cutting poing 4mg trn is the highest I'm going at 6mg the sides aren't worth it.
Yea, 4mg seems to be extremely low on sides but when you kick it up to 6mg, they sure do come on...at least for me.

xxdcmast

Awards
I am thinking of doing the same type of cycle you just ran with the zol and trn. Would you reccomend doing it the same way you did where u start with one and end with the other or would you run them both together for the whole 4 weeks?

I am doing a recomp and hope to drop bf% and keep or gain strength. Didnt really see much about how this affected your strength.

BigMattTx

BigMattTx

Awards
  • Established
I am thinking of doing the same type of cycle you just ran with the zol and trn. Would you reccomend doing it the same way you did where u start with one and end with the other or would you run them both together for the whole 4 weeks?

I am doing a recomp and hope to drop bf% and keep or gain strength. Didnt really see much about how this affected your strength.
I have mentioned it twice in this thread. My recommendation for a TRN/Zol cycle is to run both compounds stacked for 30 days. Start at 2mg trn and 100mg zol and ramp up weekly as needed. TRN shouldnt need to go over 4mg while zol can probably get up to the range of 200mg.

xxdcmast

Awards
Ok last question for you.

Did you run any anti prolactin compounds during this cycle? I have heard that gyno from prolactin can be a problem and one that is not easily cured by nolva. Did you run any kind of dostinex, bromo, vitamin b6?

Was there any sign of gyno at the end of the cycle?

BigMattTx

BigMattTx

Awards
  • Established
Ok last question for you.

Did you run any anti prolactin compounds during this cycle? I have heard that gyno from prolactin can be a problem and one that is not easily cured by nolva. Did you run any kind of dostinex, bromo, vitamin b6?

Was there any sign of gyno at the end of the cycle?
I did not run any support for prolactin gyno. I did feel a little bit of tenderness in my nipples towards the end of the cycle but there is no visible gyno.

njt11

Awards
Is Mega TRN a methylated PH? Im looking for a new stack for this winter. I prefer to stay nonmethylated, and last one I ran was Zol/Xmass and the xmass shutdown was brutal. I was thinking about swapping in TRN for xmass this time around?