Big day for me tomorrow..

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Most of you don't know but I have been having some problems with my back.. I have a degreative disc and here in the last month it has been causing my right leg to go numb after standing for about 5 to 10 minutes.. makes my job a bit of hell because I can't walk around without looking like the hunchback of ND.. anyway tomorrow I am having an epideral done to inject a steriod into the disc that has slightly bulged to see if that will return me back to semi normal state.. So with that said.. I might not be around for the next couple of days.. I will have to see how I can stand sitting down.. :D Just thought some of you might want to know.. and I will keep you posted for those of you that might have do have this done in the future. .and I hope that it will be NONE of you.. trust me it hurts like a bitch..

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hey, brother!! :)

Things will be better real soon! Hope this helps out, and we'll be here whenever you're back.. You know I can't just leave.. :D

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Best of luck bro.

ManBeast

dieseldude

Awards
Good Luck Matthew, speedy recovery my brotha.

Back problems are the worst.

Just curious Matt, is it a "one visit" treatment, or is there a schedule of injections?

DD

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Hoping it is the one visit but the door has been left open for two more.. just hope I don't need them...

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Good luck Matt, hope you are back to 100% ASAP with no complications

John Benz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Matt, a bulging disk is a chiropractor's bread and butter. I had one pulled right in place by a chiropractor in just one visit over 15 ears ago. Walked around with back pain for over 6 mths—one visit later, it was gone.

SCORPIO

Awards
  • Established
Best of luck Matt. I hear those things are pretty painfull. Take the time to heal properly and come back stronger.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
JB,
Tried the Chiropractor.. he has really worked on it but it is one that is too small of a bugle to for him to be effective on.. hence the shot in the back.. I know I wish he could have fixed it also.. :D

smike319

Awards
Wish you the best of luck and a healthy, speedy recovery. I'm sureyou'll be back at it in no time.

Cheers,
smike319

msclbldrguy

Awards
  • Established
good luck mattd...hope everything goes well. i just had surgery to repair a torn bicep...and have some extra pain meds left..heh..:D :D

seroiusly, hope this fixes you up soon...

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
I am back from the prodecure and so far I am feeling pretty good.. still think the narc that they injected with the steriod is kicking.. have house duty today and back at it tomorrow.. :D

msclbldrguy

Awards
  • Established
sounds good so far! hope it keeps up and they dont have to do any more injections.

PC1

Hey, just stumbled onto this thread Matt, but God bless you, and best of luck with your back.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Thanks everyone.. back is somewhat better.. just going to have to wait on this to see if it is all I am going to have to do... still training but working around the things that bother the back..

smike319

Awards
good to here man. don't push it to hard though, i'm sure the doc filled you in on that. nothing worse than reinjuring an old injury mid way through rehab, and having to start all over again.
what a mind !@#% that is!

derekmac

Awards
Good luck with your back.

I had the same procedure done in 12/99. 1 herniated disk and another one that was on it's way.

Sucked having to stand....:(

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
I know about the standing part..
Update.. apparently it did not take and I am off to the doctor again tomorrow..

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
That I don't know.. I will find out tomorrow.. I was told when I got this epidural done that I could have up to 6 in a year.. but right now I would just take not hurting..

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Damm, that sucks Matt. Stay strong bro, think positive.

pigfarmer

Awards
Hey Matt: How RU feeling? Hope the good Doc could help. Did you have it done again? Best wishes. I've never had back troubles, so I consider myself lucky. Looking forward to seeing your post soon. :)

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Well it has gotten worse really but I am going back for the dye test on the 19th to see what is really going on. Doc said because of my size the MRI's are grainy and hard to see any detail.. so another fun freakin day in the hospital with a needle in the back

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
You know good and well them MRI's thingies can't see thru all that muscle! :)

You'll be fine, brother.. We have you in our thoughts and prayers, at least I do.. :)

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Pete.. I appreciate the thoughts and prayers.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Best of luck bro, we're all pullin for ya.

ManBeast

SCORPIO

Awards
  • Established
I hope your situation takes a turn for the better. Back injuries suck. I just recently re-injured my back while squatting (felt pain shoot up lower back). It hurt for about a week, but has gotten better. Pain is gone all together and I was ablr to squat with no probs this week. Once again good luck to you Matt.