Schwarzenegger is elected Gov.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Hey, just heard the latest line on the news. Of course they have to recount the votes, but the results state the above.

My, my, wtf is this country coming to. I like Arnie and $hit, but this is a bit too much. Anybody that thinks he will get ANYTHING accomplished is out of their mind. Is this what its come down to?

He's so out of line and uneducated on national agendas, that its laughable. Plus, Californias economy will effect the whole nation. You have cali. being a huge a$$ state and what is profitable, succescful, unsuccesful, problems, etc. will have an effect on other parts of the country.

And the most thing I don't like about him, is that he is a hypocrite. He's stated that all of the shows "these days" should be testing for gear and that he's even went as far as to sway opinion. He further mentions that he and his "old school" pals weren't educated enough back in the day to know any better when using steroids. Give ME a fvckin BREAK!!!

Times have changed, but people are still the same.......

destro19

destro19

Awards
All politicians do is make promises and fail to keep them. Arnie is no better or worse than Jerry Springer, Jessie Ventura or Ronald Regan. The one thing he has going for him is charisma. It inspires confidence in people who then turn and make a difference. Look a the difference between Bush and Clinton. When we had Bill he just was beaming with confidence. People were out spending money and living it up, which helps our economy. Soon as we got Bush up there stumbling over words and sounding unsure of himself people began to hold back and keep there money in there pockets, sending us into a downward spiral. Notice how every election there are the same issues? That because the previous guy who promised to make a difference failed once they were elected. The only people who ever make a difference are those who make people confident in themselves. Arnie has enough charisma to make Californians save California, or Cal-E-For-Ne-A. And if he sends it into a hellish inferno of despair and depression I will simply sit here on the east coast, with my back to the blaze, and gaze into the beautiful Atlantic. :D

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
He might do a good job, you never know. Probably no worse than any other politician. Id rather see a couple more Arnold films (Conan3) than see him as governor. But what the hell. The guy really did come from nothing. Look where he is now. At least he's not a spoon fed little bitch sucking on momma's nipple like most of our country's ruling class.

TheChosen1

TheChosen1

Awards
Jergo,

Let me be the first to commend you before the flaming posts begin. I never thought that there was anyone else on any AAS board who agrees with me.

A) All through his campaign, Arnold avoided any issues that was asked to him.

B) He missed the 1st governor debate to campaign in New York, a state that cannot vote for him as governor of Cali.

C) He attends the 2nd debate and, again, never answered any questions of the issues. Instead, he joked alot.

D) He's been labeled a great businessman. But as I see it, didn't he once own World Gym and ended up giving or selling it back to Joe Gold?

Oh yeah, he's a piece of work. Alot of guys on the AAS boards are only impressed with his bodybuilding background. But when you think about it, even that was political. Alot of "old school" bodybuilders with whom I've spoken have all said that he should not have won the 1980 Mr. Olympia.

But face it, he may have won the governship for now. But he's on probation for the next 100 days. He had better busta move soon or we'll be doing a TOTAL RECALL on his ass.

Biggs

Awards
  • Established

D) He's been labeled a great businessman. But as I see it, didn't he once own World Gym and ended up giving or selling it back to Joe Gold?
not gonna argue with too much else, made some good points and your opinions are definitely valid, but I don't think anybody can deny his ability to make something from nothing. joe weider deserves actually much of the credit, as he was the one that bought arnold's plane ticket. when arnold flew over here with his gym bag and no money, joe got him rolling. BUT, within 8 years he had made a few million dollars and was able to actually apply the knowledge joe gave him. that combined with the willingness to work hard made him a billion-million fuckin dollars, mostly in real estate and back end revenue from his movies. anyway, I respect his business sense, all I was getting at :D

TheChosen1

TheChosen1

Awards

not gonna argue with too much else, made some good points and your opinions are definitely valid, but I don't think anybody can deny his ability to make something from nothing. joe weider deserves actually much of the credit, as he was the one that bought arnold's plane ticket. when arnold flew over here with his gym bag and no money, joe got him rolling. BUT, within 8 years he had made a few million dollars and was able to actually apply the knowledge joe gave him. that combined with the willingness to work hard made him a billion-million fuckin dollars, mostly in real estate and back end revenue from his movies. anyway, I respect his business sense, all I was getting at :D
DAMN, he missed his calling.
Arnold could have done an informercial about how he came to America with nothing and became a self made millionaire by juicing and lifting.:)

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
You know, everyone is quick to knock arnold for juicing...but look what board we're all on. Arnold was what, 230 - 240 when he was competing? Come on - that's not nearly as big as the pros of today. He couldnt have been on all that much juice:)

I dont think he could be all that bad of a business man. Here's a little insight into his business holdings:

He started from nothing, and built himself into what he is today. That may not qualify him to govern a state. But it sure dosent prove he's stupid.

I would like to see him do well. I wanted to be huge ever since I saw Conan the barbarian when I was 12. Maybe the kids of today will look at him and want to be politicians with good intentions:) Remember in 'Demolition Man' when Schwarzenegger was the president? Its only a matter of time:)

BigV

Alot of "old school" bodybuilders with whom I've spoken have all said that he should not have won the 1980 Mr. Olympia.
What about the other 6 times?

Arnold_Is_God

Awards
i live in california, and I know arnold will make a difference. It not about how experienced you are, its about how you work the system, and arnold can do that very well. He is great at getting what he wants. Look at where an experienced politician got us, billions in the hole!

TheChosen1

TheChosen1

Awards
You know, everyone is quick to knock arnold for juicing...but look what board we're all on. Arnold was what, 230 - 240 when he was competing? Come on - that's not nearly as big as the pros of today. He couldnt have been on all that much juice:)
You're right, BigV. But what bugs me is that I remember seeing him on Late Night with David Letterman (I believe it was to promote "Predetor") and he blatenly denied ever using AAS while he was competing. Then several years later, he reappeared on the show to promote another movie and Letterman confronted him with something that he read that stated that Arnold was juicing. It was then, and only then, when he was forced to admit juicing. You know how that goes.....I guess he used gear but he didn't inject.

As for as the Mr. Olympia contests, many believe that he won about 4 of them fairly. All of the others, especially in 1980, were political. C'mon let's face it, Lou Ferigno was no slouch.

And ARNOLD IS GOD.......I agree to at least give him a chance. Afterall, there have been alot of athletes and actors who have made it big in politics and made a difference in the city or state which they represented. For example, Sonny Bono, Shirley Temple Black, and no doubt, former WWF wrestler, Jesse Ventura.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
C'mon let's face it, Lou Ferigno was no slouch.
Very true.

Back in the 80's - wasn't steroid use demonized much more than it is today? It seems like today its more of an accepted fact that some athletes (well, mostly all pro bodybuilders). Maybe Arnold didnt want to admit that he 'cheated' in front of all his fans at the time.:)
...and no doubt former WWF wrestler, Jesse Ventura
Remember Arnold and Jesse Ventura in Predator?! Arnold actually ended up killing the alien in the end, but Jesse got wasted. Extrapolate this to real world politics...Arnold will be King of the World!!:)

TheChosen1

TheChosen1

Awards

Very true.

Back in the 80's - wasn't steroid use demonized much more than it is today? It seems like today its more of an accepted fact that some athletes (well, mostly all pro bodybuilders). Maybe Arnold didnt want to admit that he 'cheated' in front of all his fans at the time.:)

Remember Arnold and Jesse Ventura in Predator?! Arnold actually ended up killing the alien in the end, but Jesse got wasted. Extrapolate this to real world politics...Arnold will be King of the World!!:)
Again, you're damn right about steroid use in the 80's. That bullshit about "Train hard, take your vitamins, and say your prayers" worked with the kids for a while for Hulk Hogan, but all of us "IronMasters" knew better. Then when it came out in court, he had to hide his theory from his fans.

I have to correct myself about Arnold promoting "Predator" on Late Night....My bad. I just remembered that when he appeared on Late Night to promote that movie, he came on with Jesse "The Body" Ventura. And Jesse was way huge and buffed compared to Arnold. (Sorry if this stuns the extreme Arnold fans) Arnold looked like a dwarf next to Jesse. But all n all, Arnold was cut.

But get real BigV, of course everyone got creamed in the movie, except Arnold and the cute hottie. It was his movie and they had to write it like that. LOL But Jesse didn't get creamed in "The Running Man" (one of my personal favorites).

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
But get real BigV, of course everyone got creamed in the movie, except Arnold and the cute hottie. It was his movie and they had to write it like that. LOL But Jesse didn't get creamed in "The Running Man" (one of my personal favorites).
:)I remember watching that film over and over again with my little brother back in the day! (My little brother who is now my training partner, and the same size as me!) I think that's why I like Arnold so much, he was so inspirational to me when I was younger. Even though I didnt get smart about working out until a couple years ago - every time I picked up a weight, Id think of those Arnold movies and how he was such a badass. Im sure the guy has his faults - but I think when it comes down to it he may have the drive, intelligence, and charisma to be a great politician. Even though Id rather see Conan3.:)

BigV