Do your clothes shrink ?

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
When I buy clothes, the first thing that comes to my head is 'Oh, its 100% cotton, so its gonna shrink'.

Then sometimes it does, sometimes it dosent.

This really bothers me b/c it is hard for me to find pants that fit my quads, yet have a good inseam.

30' inseam is a bit too short.

32' inseam is way too long.

I just keep trying on pants, and eventually I'll find a 30' inseam that is just long enough. Then lo' and behold the fcuking pants shrink on me.

I wear my pants so there is only '1 break' in them when they touch my shoes. I cringe at seeing men's pants having multiple breaks in them. If that dosen't make sense, don't worry about it, lol.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I totally understand your situation, Reaper. There are days that I try on 40 pairs of pants and don't buy one of them. When it comes to dress pants/suits, I get those custom taylored. Here lately, I will buy a pair of jeans and get them taylored correctly to fit the way that I want. It cost a bit, but worth it seeing how I will wear them for many years.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
IronLungz-

Shirts are one thing and they are not too hard for me to shop, but seriously pants are so ****ing difficult to just find a damn pair.

Like you I will go to 2-3 different stores and try on about 50 different pants that don't fit.

I'd gladly pay $100 for a pair of pants that won't shrink and fit well. It's just that frustrating.

wrkn4bigrmusles

Awards
  • Established
I wear shorts daily, lucky to live in hawaii... i dunno what ima do when I leave this state.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
The only time clothes shrink on me is when they were a little tight in the first place, murphey's law I guess.

joeymutz

joeymutz

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
why not just air dry them? or gte them dry cleaned? as for shirts 50% poly 50% cotton won't shrink.

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
It's Summer time Reaper..hit up the shorts...

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I gotta wear pants for work though.

Yeah I think that's probably what I'll start doing is just air drying them from now on. That's probably my best bet.

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
I gotta wear pants for work though.

Yeah I think that's probably what I'll start doing is just air drying them from now on. That's probably my best bet.
that's what i do reap - works out pretty well for me.

once it accidentally gets with the clothes for the dryer - another story altogether!

Maverick60

Awards
  • Established
Buy em a bit long, wash/dry them twice, and then go have them tailored to fit your liking. Pay $60 for the pants, and $10-15 for the alteration and youre still well under your $100 mark. Takes some time, but I feel it would be worth it.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I hate shopping for cloths. Not fun at all, and not something I like to spend money on. I guess its different if your younger...Well no, because even when I was younger I didn't like shopping for cloths. That is woman thing. I'd rather shop for electronics anyday.

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
I dont dry any of my clothes in the dryer, I hang them on a rack...this helps to minimize the shrinking. I bought about $150 worth of shirts at the Arnold Expo, got them home and wore them once....even the 3x ones were so gosh dang short, they were like halter tops if I wore them to the gym to do any overhead movements like presses or pulldowns...

Maverick60

Awards
  • Established
if I wore them to the gym to do any overhead movements like presses or pulldowns...
I absolutely hate that. It irritates the hell out of me. It sucks you spent that much money on them and cant wear them.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
There is nothing more I hate than shirts that are not long enough, I honestly have to re-tuck my work shirts anytime I reach over my head.

psychospic

psychospic

Awards
  • Established
Buying clothes is torture. If I buy pants my size then I look like I am wearing booty chokers because of my quads and glutes and if I get them little biger then I look like I'm thuggin it. Shirts, one size is too tight on the back and shoulders and the next one up starts looking too long. I complain when I have to buy clothes then I have to hear my girl go on about how that is what I get for being obsessed with working out. One day I told her that perhaps she needed to develop the same obsession, needless to say that conversation didn't end very well LOL.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I also just hate shopping for clothes. I don't even care about the cost. If they look decent and fit then I'll gladly pay a lot of $$$ for them.

It gets old/redundant having to go to so many stores and have clothes not fit.

LOL at the whole mid drift thing.

Last time I tried on a shirt at Hollister the shoulder ripped slightly so I pretended like it was already like that when I tried it on.

Their clothes are meant to fit anorexic teenage boys anyway.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
My clothes don't shrink, I just grow. ;)

Anyway, I cannot stand cats who roll around with the bottom of their pants looking like a potato sack, Reaper - I feel you there.

mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established
i just get bigger by the day my clothes dont shrink! lol

I usaully just buy bball shorts since i usually hate shopping for clothes

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Half my cloths are %100 cotton...Cold wash, then I use the "tumble dry low" setting on my dryer. They dont shrink for me, and they are small as is. I am a Hollister/Aero buffoon.

KSMA

KSMA

Awards
There is nothing more I hate than shirts that are not long enough, I honestly have to re-tuck my work shirts anytime I reach over my head.
Dude i got that same problem. I am 6'3" with 32 inseam so most of my heighth is in my torso and NO shirt is ever long enough. I found some shirt stays though. They are little elastic bands that attach my shirt to my socks and keep it tucked in when I reach up. Not uncomfortable, and functional. Plus when you are just standing it keeps your shirt tucked tight and smooth so you dont get that half untucked poof around your gut and back that most men have.

Maverick60

Awards
  • Established
I found some shirt stays
We used those for our uniforms in the Marines to keep the uniform looking tight. They work well. For some reason they discouraged us from using the "Navy style" ones, but they were way more comfortable.

We also used them to hold our bottom sheet tight so it would be easier to make the rack inspection ready every morning. Loved those things for that.

KSMA

KSMA

Awards
We used those for our uniforms in the Marines to keep the uniform looking tight. They work well. For some reason they discouraged us from using the "Navy style" ones, but they were way more comfortable.

We also used them to hold our bottom sheet tight so it would be easier to make the rack inspection ready every morning. Loved those things for that.
haha I am in the navy and I have no idea what are considered the navy style ones. But yeah I took some with me to bootcamp and they saved my ass til they found out i was using them. bad bad bad day.

Maverick60

Awards
  • Established
haha I am in the navy and I have no idea what are considered the navy style ones. But yeah I took some with me to bootcamp and they saved my ass til they found out i was using them. bad bad bad day.
The "Navy" ones were thicker and I think they were white. But they looped around the bottom of your foot, instead of clipping to the top of your socks. The "Marine" style were thin black and "Y" shaped.

I wonder why the navy was against you wanting to make your uniform look good. A Marine without shirt stays will be told his uniform looks like **** and to go fix it.

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
The thinner the material, the more it will shrink is what I have found. Was in cold water and hang to dry if the shirt is one you want to hang onto. I have a few Couture shirts that I paid way too much for, but of course I had to have them. I hang dry the, but my chick accidently dried one and it shrunk a bit. I just purchased one of those LG steam dryers that is being delivered tomorrow. This will be a cool deal to get the wrinkles out of my shirts I hang dry.

One big problem I have is finding a suit to fit. I used to be able to purchase an athletic cut then have it tailored, but I can no longer find them. I have to mix and match because the jacket has to be wide enough for myshoulders and the torso has to be taken in. Also, the pants that go with the jacket can't be taken in because the back pockets would meet and look like crap. The last suit I purchased cost me $170.00 just in tailoring.

Ziquor

Ziquor

Awards
  • Established
Even though it's a pain in the ass I hang dry my clothes then toss 'em in the dryer for a minute after they're dry to remove the wrinkles. Though some cotton T's/things come 'pre-shrunk'.

KSMA

KSMA

Awards
The "Navy" ones were thicker and I think they were white. But they looped around the bottom of your foot, instead of clipping to the top of your socks. The "Marine" style were thin black and "Y" shaped.

I wonder why the navy was against you wanting to make your uniform look good. A Marine without shirt stays will be told his uniform looks like **** and to go fix it.
Well i took them to basic training. I used them on my bunk and shirts during inspections. They considered it "cheating". They asked " are you to lazy to just make your bunk look good?" It was funny stuff, they ranted about that sh*t for hours. Then I lost about 15 lbs of water weight sweating it out in the heated laundry drying room.
But now if I wear my whites or something I cant get away with not wearing them.

DreamOfWeight

DreamOfWeight

Awards
  • Established
it seems like all of my shirts shrink...i started using that detergent (coldwater tide) helped out a bit... plus i dont burn the sh*t out of them in the dryer.... and u gotto stretch them when they get out of the dryer and washer