Couture vs. Ortiz this friday, your pick?

Beta BBer

Awards
My money is on couture, after all, tito was afrait to fight liddel.

db682

Awards
  • Established
Beta,
I noticed U of F in the location area under your avatar. R U currently a student or Alum.? U R in good hands here bro. Theres plenty of current students, soon to be students and "retired" students on htis board from Gville. Im supposed to be possibly meeting a couple up there for the Ole Miss game which is coming up.

db

Beta BBer

Awards
db682, im a junior at UF, hopefully we can finally get our football team together soon!

d piece

Awards
But tito was afraid of chuck because he has a different style.
I think tito will win, he has been training non-stop, lots of jiu jitsu.
I'm more interested in the pride bushido event anyway, thats going to kick ass.

Beta BBer

Awards
i haven't seen anything extremely recent out of ortiz, im basing my assumption on coutures improvement as of late.

what i want to see is mike tyson beat bob sapp in K1! first round KO.

Nicolai

Awards
tito was not affraid of chuck.. he was doing movies and such and just wanted mroe money... he has also said he would love to fight chucky after he beats Randy.. and he will beat randy.

Beta BBer

Awards
movies? tito v. liddel would be something to see too!

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Did anybody catch the Byrd/Oquendo fight this past weekend?

Wow, those judges done funked up that fight. Byrd got his a$$ handed to him by means of actual stats and the decision came out unanimous in favor of Byrd.

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
Wasn't tito hurt before the liddel fight? I know he was having knee problems at one point.

Kitchen Chemist

Awards
  • Established
Tito will whoop his ass, we need a online bookie for this type of **** :D

Kitchen Chemist

Awards
  • Established
Ah c'mon, where's the fun in that then? Someone on here must be willing to do it :D Ow Ow!

Toneyfan

Awards
Well the fight was tonight....anyone see who won? My money was on Tito! Hopefully he pulled though...

Kitchen Chemist

Awards
  • Established
You should probably ask this after the fight has happened :D

Kitchen Chemist

Awards
  • Established
Well i'll update cha hehe
He got his ass kicked. Whoever is owed homebrews will recieve monday :D
J/K

Nicolai

Awards
that was shitty eh.. but it set up some ok **** for the future... hopefully they will give vitor a rematch with randy and then maybe tito vs chuck can finally happen... then maybe a title shot for the winner.

Nicolai

Awards
randy just kept putting tito on his back and once tito was there he really couldn't do much to get out of it. tito looked frustrated throughout cuz he is not used to being put on the ground... randy didn't really get too many shots in... but early in the fight he was very close to sinking a choke in on tito... and at the very end of the match tito was going for a knee bar andrandy just smiled and started spanking him lightly on his ass and then it was over.

but tito showed alot of class and after the match he raised randys hand and even put the belt on him.

Beta BBer

Awards
tito showed a lot of class? thats good to hear. well good for randy.

Nicolai

Awards
well it is more then most people expected from him... i woulda expected him to throw the belt on the ground and storm outa the ring... but at showed that he can be respectful(even if it is only for 2 minutes).

Beta BBer

Awards
i would have expected something like that too, ive seen tito fight a few times before... he strongly dislikes losing. esp. to frank!

Nicolai

Awards
haha true... but frank is the best ever so he can't really be that mad cuz he knew he would lose :D

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Did anybody catch the Byrd/Oquendo fight this past weekend?

Wow, those judges done funked up that fight. Byrd got his a$$ handed to him by means of actual stats and the decision came out unanimous in favor of Byrd.
Yes, that was highway robbery. The only reason he won was because he's one of the last heavyweights with name recognition that the public may pay to see in a fight vs. Lennox Lewis.

I also thought De La Hoya got robbed, but that's more debatable.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
No doubt dude, boxing, especially these days is so money oriented, bribed, and some say is just down right crooked.

Holyfield to fight Toney on Oct. 4th. I was watching a special on it the other night and Toney was asked what kind of style is he going to come out with. He said that he's just gonna stand in front of him and fight; also went onto say that running around the ring and actually boxing is for sissies. Pffff.......he goes and does that he's gonna get knocked the funk out man. That dude is just way too cauky, and is gonna get burned, you watch.

Beta BBer

Awards
cauky...

frank is the best, well he was back in his prime.

Nicolai

Awards
frank is only 30.. and as Randy has shown you can still fight at your best being 40+... frank is still the best

Beta BBer

Awards
frank is only thirty? i would have though older, but maybe thats just the scars talking.
i loved franks match with bas rutten

Nicolai

Awards
haha.. i loved it when bas was hittin him and he was just shaking his head and smiling at him... frank is awesome

Beta BBer

Awards
i have that clip too, it was bad!

they went flying out of the ring a few times too.

btw more on the subject of bbing, i saw mark coleman at pride 26, and boy did he deflate! most of his muscle is gone, although he beat don frye.

SCORPIO

Awards
  • Established
Caught this thread late. I saw the fight and agree Tito is a good fighter, but runs his mouth to much (no respect). I for one was glad to see Randy beat Tito, although he should of done to tito what tito did to Ken. I knoe Randy is all about respect, but I would have been yelling, flexing, flipping off the opposite corner (like Tito did before facing Ken) and definitely done the grave digging bit right in front of Tito.

Beta BBer

Awards
grave digging is key!
did anyone catch them on the "best damn sports show period"?
i have the interview, tito offers randy a cane as a present.

actually its posted on subfighter.com right now