Prayer Request Thread

Page 74 of 89 First ... 7273747576 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by toughchick401 View Post
    negative,to be repeated in 6 months again......
    That's awesome! We'll keep you in our prayers, it'll be negative again in 6 months.

2. Yesterday my daughter, 11 in 2 weeks, was fit for a back brace. She has scoliosis, Doctor claims it's from growing 4 1/4" in one year. She'll have to wear this thing 24/7 until she stops growing. I still haven't decided if I will enforce her wearing it to school. Kids can be really cruel about these types of things.

I told her the S in her back was for Supergirl, lol.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by backneglectio View Post
    Hey guys,

I've always been a Christian, but for the first time in my life, I have become sensitive to God's movement. Just a few weeks ago, I heard from God for the first ever, which was an amazing experience. Anyways, I've struggled with harboring a lot of anger/frustration/sadness/pain, etc. and have always used drugs to cover it up. In August, I dropped acid for the first time. Not too much later, I ate shrooms, and pretty recently smoked DMT a few times. This past Saturday night, I had a panic attack (first one in my life) and thought I was having an LSD flashback. On Sunday, my anxiety was through the roof and I had little mini anxiety attacks all day (and have had some mini ones since then) so I talked to my parents (I'm only 19) and told them about everything I've held in for the past few years. Drugs, alcohol, sex, and all the mental/emotional things I've kept to myself (i.e. severe depression multiple times). So, on Sunday, I can honestly say my life was changed. I've recently learned and am continuing to learn how to listen to God, and am learning to give my life to him. Right now, my biggest struggle is keeping my focus on him. When my focus IS on him, I feel at peace, but when it starts to falter or I get distracted, my anxiety starts to increase and almost leads up to anxiety attacks. So my request is that you would all pray that I become better and better at focusing on God at all times, that I would have peace and that I heal (emotionally) quickly and that I would be able to view this healing as a way to glorify God, not an 'oh finally I'm not anxious anymore' type thing. I also ask that you would pray that I continually grow in my relationship with him and that my desire for intimacy with him would also continually grow.

Thanks, guys! I will be praying for God's blessing over all of you, as well.
    Amen!! It is the peace that surpasses all understanding, and God has promised His people peace.
    What manner of love the Father has given unto us that we should be called the sons of God.
    May God bless you and guide you in everything you do!
    MK9

4. Quote Originally Posted by bluehealer View Post
    Yesterday my daughter, 11 in 2 weeks, was fit for a back brace. She has scoliosis, Doctor claims it's from growing 4 1/4" in one year. She'll have to wear this thing 24/7 until she stops growing. I still haven't decided if I will enforce her wearing it to school. Kids can be really cruel about these types of things.

I told her the S in her back was for Supergirl, lol.

Just out of curiosity is it safe to say the scoliosis can be corrected over a period of time, and are there alternatives at least aesthetically for her backbrace?

Kids can be cruel, but that is a reflection on their family life. She's in my prayers for a speedy recovery, and a drama free childhood
    God Bless you and your family Bluehealer
    MK9

5. Hey guys, my name is Josh. I don't really know how to say this, but I am in need of some prayers. My and my fiancee are having a lot of trouble right now. She is 15 weeks pregnant with both our first child, and we are having a lot of problems getting along. We were supposed to get married on the 18th, but I acted like a jerk, got drunk and said some mean things to her, 2 fridays ago. She went to her parents upset and her mom cancelled the wedding. I take responsibility for my actions and have begun therapy and will not drink again. However, we are still have problems and it's not just me.
    Please help me and pray that the lord help support and guide us, and give us the wisdom to make the right decisions, and find the strength in our hearts to stay together.
    I just want to be a good husband and have a good family for our child.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by MK9 View Post
    Just out of curiosity is it safe to say the scoliosis can be corrected over a period of time, and are there alternatives at least aesthetically for her backbrace?

Kids can be cruel, but that is a reflection on their family life. She's in my prayers for a speedy recovery, and a drama free childhood
    God Bless you and your family Bluehealer
    MK9
    According to her Dr., yes, there is a very good chance of this being corrected with the brace, if she wears it religously. The only other option is corrective surgery. (not gonna happen) A chiropractor, family friend, tends to agree with this diagnosis. She has never once complained about pain with the acception of a bad headache from time to time. Now that I think about it, she never once complained when she was getting kidney infections either. She's a tough cookie. Thanks for the prayers MK. It means a lot to us.

How did the court proceedings go? Good news?

7. Quote Originally Posted by BigJoshStud View Post
    Hey guys, my name is Josh. I don't really know how to say this, but I am in need of some prayers. My and my fiancee are having a lot of trouble right now. She is 15 weeks pregnant with both our first child, and we are having a lot of problems getting along. We were supposed to get married on the 18th, but I acted like a jerk, got drunk and said some mean things to her, 2 fridays ago. She went to her parents upset and her mom cancelled the wedding. I take responsibility for my actions and have begun therapy and will not drink again. However, we are still have problems and it's not just me.
    Please help me and pray that the lord help support and guide us, and give us the wisdom to make the right decisions, and find the strength in our hearts to stay together.
    I just want to be a good husband and have a good family for our child.
    Consider you and your fiancee added to my prayer list Josh. And let me add, as a husband to a woman that has been pregnant 3 times, they tend to get mean, brother. You'll find that you have to take some punches and suck it up. Things will get better man, hang in there. In the long run it will be well worth it.

Jim

8. Quote Originally Posted by bluehealer View Post
    Consider you and your fiancee added to my prayer list Josh. And let me add, as a husband to a woman that has been pregnant 3 times, they tend to get mean, brother. You'll find that you have to take some punches and suck it up. Things will get better man, hang in there. In the long run it will be well worth it.

Jim
    Thanks for the prayers and encouragement. I'm having a hard time keeping in mind she is pregnant and that even if I am not wrong I just need to shut up and take it. Really, though, I'm trying to do my best, it is very important to me that we are a family.

9. Quote Originally Posted by bluehealer View Post
    According to her Dr., yes, there is a very good chance of this being corrected with the brace, if she wears it religously. The only other option is corrective surgery. (not gonna happen) A chiropractor, family friend, tends to agree with this diagnosis. She has never once complained about pain with the acception of a bad headache from time to time. Now that I think about it, she never once complained when she was getting kidney infections either. She's a tough cookie. Thanks for the prayers MK. It means a lot to us.

How did the court proceedings go? Good news?

I don't blame you on the surgery. I wouldn't want my child to have to go through that, and then post op they are bed ridden. ITs way too painful to see when they love to run around and be kids and drive you a little nuts sometimes lol!!
    I'm hoping that maybe her body is willing to compromise 50/50, if she wears the backbrace at night that it will be just as good as 24/7
    She's got to be pretty tough to not complain about a kidney infection, tough as nails

My court proceedings... Oh man.. well my sons mom wanted it adjourned cause she didnt have *her* lawyer, and thats Ok, cause the judge basically read her the riot act and said if she EVER uses again and my son is with her she loses access PERIOD!.

Now my lawyer basically presented her sketchy past, and I got fleeced on the fact that I let my son stay with her overnight, BUT it was my understanding that there was someone there, and my ex said No that she was alone..

So.. that put me at a slight disadvantage, and she had asked that she wants to see my son and have him stay overnight, and I said I dont feel comfortable with that.
    She said Im violating court order (who is she to talk?!), and I said I'm not blocking access, but you are in early recovery and I want my son to be safe.
    What kind of assurance can you give me that you will not drink or use while with him, and if you did it in our own home where you had everything, what's to say you wont do it over there at your friends house?

Now.. I talked to my lawyer before hand, and he said "I am obligated to tell you not to violate court order, but if the court order says that she is to see her son and there are a bunch of heroin addicts, are you gonna listen to the court order?" I said "NO!" He said there you go, and there I went

So he is with her today at a family resource center seeing his mom, and he was just ecstatic and full of excitement. I think that is great and have no issues with him seeing her and vice versa, but not alone..She has a history of 17 years of alcohol and drug use (found that one out recently).
    I wish her the best for sure, but to be honest.. It would not surprise me if she relapses, the only problem is my son will NOT be around to be exposed to that.

I hate all the legal posturing to be honest, I am doing the right thing and it's getting thrown in my face, but that's Ok cause I have vrebatim from a drug and alcohol counselor that it takes at LEAST 1-2 years for the obsession to get out of an addicts mind, minimal 1-2 years..

Honestly I can forget about having a big family old school style, I really wanted another sibling for Mateo, from the same mom.. Not a fan of blended families, but I know there are a lot of great moms out there (please let me know if do see her ) in the same boat as me, so who knows.

I do know it will be a woman who believes in Jesus Christ.. I will not settle for less.

Oh almost forgot, I go to court AGAIN December 22nd.. Keep my son and I in your prayers, and that ultimately that God be glorified in all this. I know my hear is inclined to evil naturally, and that my ways are not His ways, but I know that He has promised to deliver His people from evil, and this addiction and behavior is sheer evil.
    I could write one heck of a horror story based on the nightmares we have been exposed to.

God Bless you all
    MK9

10. Quote Originally Posted by MK9 View Post
    ... Keep my son and I in your prayers, and that ultimately that God be glorified in all this. I know my hear is inclined to evil naturally, and that my ways are not His ways, but I know that He has promised to deliver His people from evil...
    I had an amazing dream last night. A dream in a dream actually. You know when you're having a nightmare, and you get such a sense of relief to wake up and realize it was just a dream? I was having a dream where I was in a hopeless situation, I mean I was really screwed and couldn't see any way out of it. Then I woke up and was so happy and relieved that it was only a bad dream (but I was literally still in the dream), yet nobody around me understood. It's like they thought they hadn't woken up and the dream was still reality, to the point that I began to question my own understanding.

Then I woke up for real and realized the point of this dream. Even during the bad times, God is steadily smoothing things out. I could tell that things were going better than they should have been, and it only got worse when I made it worse. It was amazing how doomed my scenario felt, but I woke up and realized that this whole life is like that! Don't quit, don't let your circumstances discourage you too much, and don't think the evil that surrounds you is a permanent part of your life. It's going to end well somehow, no matter what.

I wish I could explain better my brother, but praise God and may He richly bless you and your boy!

11. Quote Originally Posted by DR.D View Post
    I had an amazing dream last night. A dream in a dream actually. You know when you're having a nightmare, and you get such a sense of relief to wake up and realize it was just a dream? I was having a dream where I was in a hopeless situation, I mean I was really screwed and couldn't see any way out of it. Then I woke up and was so happy and relieved that it was only a bad dream (but I was literally still in the dream), yet nobody around me understood. It's like they thought they hadn't woken up and the dream was still reality, to the point that I began to question my own understanding.

Then I woke up for real and realized the point of this dream. Even during the bad times, God is steadily smoothing things out. I could tell that things were going better than they should have been, and it only got worse when I made it worse. It was amazing how doomed my scenario felt, but I woke up and realized that this whole life is like that! Don't quit, don't let your circumstances discourage you too much, and don't think the evil that surrounds you is a permanent part of your life. It's going to end well somehow, no matter what.

I wish I could explain better my brother, but praise God and may He richly bless you and your boy!
    Nice dream! I love dreams like that... Sooo deep!

12. I'd like to offer up a prayer to everyone here on AM. I wish you all a happy and very safe holiday season.

God bless you all. Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays to you and yours!

-John

Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

13. Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    I'd like to offer up a prayer to everyone here on AM. I wish you all a happy and very safe holiday season.

God bless you all. Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays to you and yours!

-John
    Amen to that brother!
    Core Nutritionals Representative

14. Now we need a prayer for the crazy new year! I cant imagine whats going to happen this year....

15. Prayers out to all, that you have a safe and happy new year weekend. Hope to see you all again on Monday.

God Bless,
    Jim

Edit: I you're going to be drinking, find a DD.

16. A New Year Prayer

Holy Father,

God of our yesterdays, our today, and our tomorrows.

We praise You for Your unequaled greatness.

Thank You for the year behind us and for the year ahead.

Help us in Your new year, Father, to fret less and laugh more.

To teach our children to laugh by laughing with them.

To teach others to love by loving them.

Knowing, when Love came to the stable in Bethlehem, He came for us.

So that Love could be with us, and we could know You.

That we could share Love with others.

Help us, Father, to hear Your love song in every sunrise,

in the chriping of sparrows in our backyards,

in the stories of our old folks, and the fantasies of our children.

Help us to stop and listen to Your love songs,

so that we may know You better and better.

We rejoice in the world You loved into being.

Thank You for another new year and for new chances every day.

We pray for peace, for light, and for hope, that we might spread them to others.

Forgive us for falling short this past year.

We leave the irreparable past in your hands, and step out into the unknown new year knowing You will go with us.

We accept Your gift of a new year and we rejoice in what's ahead, depending on You to help us do exactly what You want..

I say it again, we rejoice!

In Jesus name,

Amen.

Legendary

17. Excellent prayer T1!!!

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths . Proverbs 3:5-6

18. Quote Originally Posted by mmowry View Post
    Excellent prayer T1!!!
    Thanks, Mike.

Happy New Year my friend!

-John

Legendary

19. Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    Thanks, Mike.

Happy New Year my friend!

-John

Back at ya buddy!!!!

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths . Proverbs 3:5-6

20. 24 years ago today my sister was killed by someone who she trusted, someone my whole family trusted her boyfriend. I was the one who didn't like him, and didnt know why, he gave me the creeps, but who listens to a kid, nobody back than. He walked in and stole my sister right out from us, after she ended the relationship,and than he killed himself, at first I was so angry, angry at the world, at people out there, that are jerks and here my sister a innocent, naive girl taken so young, leaving a hole in my heart and a void in my family's life.

I'm not mad anymore, I'm here for a reason, although I struggle everyday, some days like today are very hard and I miss her always, I am working even all these years later to forgive him, I havent been able to do that, but I don't hate him anymore.

Rest in peace Holly!!!!
    RIP Ryan, :(

21. Quote Originally Posted by toughchick401 View Post
    24 years ago today my sister was killed by someone who she trusted, someone my whole family trusted her boyfriend. I was the one who didn't like him, and didnt know why, he gave me the creeps, but who listens to a kid, nobody back than. He walked in and stole my sister right out from us, after she ended the relationship,and than he killed himself, at first I was so angry, angry at the world, at people out there, that are jerks and here my sister a innocent, naive girl taken so young, leaving a hole in my heart and a void in my family's life.

I'm not mad anymore, I'm here for a reason, although I struggle everyday, some days like today are very hard and I miss her always, I am working even all these years later to forgive him, I havent been able to do that, but I don't hate him anymore.

Rest in peace Holly!!!!
    I'm truely sorry for your loss TC. I cannot begin to imagine the pain you have gone through. It is imperative that you look deep inside your heart to find forgiveness for this evil person that stole your sister. Rest assured he is not in a good place right now. You sister , however, is smiling down on you and I'm sure she wants nothing more than for you to be happy. One day the two of you will be reunited.

Matthew 6:15
    But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

22. Bumped so this thread doesn't get lost.

23. Lord, my God, I pray that you would bring 90F temperature back to Louisiana.

24. Hey everyone, i will not be around for a bit but my family could use some extra prayers.

We are going to lose our 20 week pregnancy tomorrow due to complications and chromosomal defects in the baby. It has been a real pressing time for my family and has even shaken my faith. I find myself asking myself why and how such things can happen to the life of an unborn.

Please send some extra prayers my families way.
    The Historic PES Legend

25. Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    Hey everyone, i will not be around for a bit but my family could use some extra prayers.

We are going to lose our 20 week pregnancy tomorrow due to complications and chromosomal defects in the baby. It has been a real pressing time for my family and has even shaken my faith. I find myself asking myself why and how such things can happen to the life of an unborn.

Please send some extra prayers my families way.
    I'm so sorry to hear this DAAdams, but I want you to know that One who is Greater than us all is holding you up through this ordeal.
    I prayed and will be praying for you during this trying time.

Remember, that the great men of the BIble weren't always standing tall in the faith, they had their days too, and sought The Lord's guidance.
    God BLess you and your family.
    MK9
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Product Request Thread
    By grexx in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-03-2017, 09:56 PM
  2. The Official Product Request Thread
    By stryder in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 4032
    Last Post: 01-29-2017, 02:54 AM