Massachusetts Sucks. Hard.

1. Registered User

Massachusetts Sucks. Hard.

Seriously, what the hell is wrong with this state? Unfortunately I moved to this dump for a job and girlfriend and I have regretted it since day one. I eventually adjusted to it just because "that's the way it is". Most people can't drive worth a damn, the roads are terrible, rent is absurdly high no matter how far away from the city you go, everyone is so flipping liberal it makes me want to vomit, the list goes on.

After the roads being so god awful and royally screwing the frame and suspension on my GTi, I bought an Audi and love it... That is until I got my excise tax (otherwise known as a 'complete bullsh1t tax') for $300. Yup, gotta pay $300 just for owning a car. I'm sure if I didn't own a car they'd tax me just for being alive.

I miss Ohio. Where you didn't get nickeled and dimed for everything, people didn't run a red light 3 seconds after it turned, where my rent would afford me a $400,000 mortgage... *sigh*

Don't make my mistakes guys, never move to this hellhole.

/rant

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.

I heart NY and NY Suburubs. How does the gf like it?
  3. Registered User

She dislikes it here also, but she has a great job with one of the big four accounting firms... so basically she's going to be my sugar mama in about two years.

She also doesn't have to deal with the roads nearly as much as I do, just takes the T into the city everyday.
    •   

4. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by aquanutz View Post
    Seriously, what the hell is wrong with this state? Unfortunately I moved to this dump for a job and girlfriend and I have regretted it since day one. I eventually adjusted to it just because "that's the way it is". Most people can't drive worth a damn, the roads are terrible, rent is absurdly high no matter how far away from the city you go, everyone is so flipping liberal it makes me want to vomit, the list goes on.

After the roads being so god awful and royally screwing the frame and suspension on my GTi, I bought an Audi and love it... That is until I got my excise tax (otherwise known as a 'complete bullsh1t tax') for $300. Yup, gotta pay $300 just for owning a car. I'm sure if I didn't own a car they'd tax me just for being alive.

I miss Ohio. Where you didn't get nickeled and dimed for everything, people didn't run a red light 3 seconds after it turned, where my rent would afford me a $400,000 mortgage... *sigh*

Don't make my mistakes guys, never move to this hellhole.

/rant

Hahaha, I agree with you 100%!. M ass holes can't drive for Sh i t!.

No offense Mass holes!. A lot of people believe people from Mass can't drive. Worst drivers in New England!. Well....um at least they have baked beans!.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"   lbs.

I am so glad I am out of New England. Mass sucked, although I was in the state to the north, I had to frequent it often.

Definitely the worst drivers in the country. It's the only place I've seen where the breakdown lane is an acceptable use lane during rush hour. If you get a flat, move down into the grass of the median otherwise you WILL get killed.

Not to mention the rude ass people, the taxes, that god awful accent and the cost of everything.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  XXX lbs.

The middle of missouri is no fun either, just for very different reasons.

MB
    -Saving random peoples' nuts, one pair at at time... PCT info:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/192992-pct-what-why.html
    -Are you really ready for a cycle? Read this link and be honest:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/191120-checklist-before-thinking.html
    *I am not a medical expert, my opinions are not professional, and I strongly suggest doing research of your own.*
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  122 lbs.

Wow.............glad I live in a near by state and not MASS

TC
    RIP Ryan, :(
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  180 lbs.

aquanutz,

What are you paying for gas out there in MA??...oh and sorry to hear bout your time being there...I have never left the west coast in my life its wierd thinking there is more to this world out there..
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  189 lbs.

Give it time. You will get to love Boston!! Don't blame everything on the drivers, the pedestrians suck more. Nobody follows the traffic lights. They just walk out whenever they feel like it. Go to the north end for dinner or chinatown. I've lived here all my life and love it, but it's not for everyone.
  10. Registered User

I've got to put Premium in my Audi so I'm paying about ~3.70/gal right now.

I've been here for about a year and a half and it's not getting better. Hopefully everything will turn around if I can move closer to work and avoid the 14 mile, 1.5hour (yes, 1.5 hours to go 14 miles) commute everyday.
  11. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by aquanutz View Post
    I've got to put Premium in my Audi so I'm paying about ~3.70/gal right now.

I've been here for about a year and a half and it's not getting better. Hopefully everything will turn around if I can move closer to work and avoid the 14 mile, 1.5hour (yes, 1.5 hours to go 14 miles) commute everyday.

Haha, that commute sounds like a typical SoCal one. Only difference here is 91 octane gas is $4.03/gallon. If it wasn't for the climate I would probably move. Well, that and all the aspiring actresses.
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.

You make hell seem like an upgrade over Mass
  13. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.

I'm a MA native but as soon as I saw that Patrick was getting elected governor, I high-tailed it out of there. I was involved in state-level politics and sensed that the Commonwealth was about to get exponentially worse...and I was right.

Now I live in Vermont, we have the best gun laws in the country, I live in the middle of nowhere, on a lake, 120 acres, I have a job to kill for and a home to match, and I don't have a regret in the world...
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  189 lbs.

Patrick does suck. I'm certainly not a proponate of Beacon Hill. Some things definitely do suck in Mass. Sports are great food is better than most think, it's small enough to get around without a car( sorry about the 14 mile 1 1/2 hour commute, where do you work?).
  15. Registered User

Welcome to Mass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was driving down mass ave on Tuesday actually. LOVE IT
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  172 lbs.

hey, you all have Legal Seafood. Mass cant suck THAT bad. That place, all by itself makes Mass suck 50% less.

Besides, with all the colleges, and high pop. density, it's one of the best places I've been to meet girls.
    Filene's basement FTW!!!
  17. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by griller88 View Post
    where do you work?.
    Live in Melrose, work in Quincy.

Hope to move down south, if not Quincy in the next few months. Hopefully that'll happen.
  18. Registered User

I think they should take Mass holes driving licenses away. Maybe re-teach them the rules of the road, also what those blinker things are for with the arrows?. Yeah...um...I think your suppose to use those for something?!
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  122 lbs.

I love mass, quincy market, chinatown, but than of course i take the T in and would never, ever drive in MASS

We have legal seafood in RI as well, great place
  20. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Man I was just getting excited about getting stuff form UMASS too guess I'll def have to make a visit.

Hows is it at and around the campus of UMASS?
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  21. Registered User

My boss and other coworker loved Umass, but they grew up here so I think they are immune to it's crappyness.. haha
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    Man I was just getting excited about getting stuff form UMASS too guess I'll def have to make a visit.

Hows is it at and around the campus of UMASS?

UMASS Amherst? The western side of Mass is nice, although its still filled with Ma$$holes.
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  189 lbs.

I grew up in Quincy but live in the North End now. I love it there. I don't have a car anymore so that makes a difference.
  24. Registered User

w00t! Finally something good has happened. Was just awarded Employee of the Quarter today at work. And here I thought I was just an under appreciated programmer. :-p

They hooked me up with seven 4-packs of Monster Lo-carb and a gift card to Bertucci's!
    Attached Images Attached Images
  25. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Xodus View Post
    UMASS Amherst? The western side of Mass is nice, although its still filled with Ma$$holes.
    Yes sir, what you know about that?!?!
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  26. Registered User

Since I code for 8-10 hours straight, I require the Lo-Carb... It is my life blood.
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    Yes sir, what you know about that?!?!
    It's a great school.

Used to live just north of there, like I said, the Berkshires are nice. Very pretty area, Northampton is a fun town. Smith College is full of lesbians, but there are lots of other women around.

Boston is eh, Boston. Short drive from there, to a T station and you can go have fun, but Amherst is a typical small New England college town.
  28. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.

Yeah UMASS-Amherst is still cool, my brother went there, though we are originally from Cape Cod. Worth the drive out there for the weekend scenes...oh the memories...weird apartments in Sunderland and NoHo in the middle of fields, loud music all night, absent landlords...mmm-hmm...
  29. Registered User

Yeah I grew up in Quincy, live on the south shore now.
  30. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeRows View Post
    Welcome to Mass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was driving down mass ave on Tuesday actually. LOVE IT
    I drive down mass ave everyday and love it! The weather is my only issue...I have trouble leaving fenway, the pats, and the gahden. Yes, the gahden.
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  122 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmikecius View Post
    I drive down mass ave everyday and love it! The weather is my only issue...I have trouble leaving fenway, the pats, and the gahden. Yes, the gahden.

lol...gahden........have to love new england ...........
  32. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Kernkraft View Post
    Free Iced Coffee today at all Dunkin Donuts locations from 10-10 here in Mass is what I'm hearing...
    Yup. My buddy I work with just sent me that same info.
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"   lbs.

I wish they had DD out here...

The only thing I miss about NE.
  34. Registered User

i prefer mary lous
  35. Registered User
    Stats
    6'7"  135 lbs.

Massachusetts Does suck and if i was you i would get out!!!!

That is if you want to be able to have something to show for all the hard work you did when your old and can't work any more.
    Look at this for a minute.
    Mass taxes you for every ****in thing they can get away with.
    If your a cigarette smoker they created a special tax for that called a sin tax because it's not good for you, so because you enjoy something that is not good for your health, they can tax the **** out of you.
    they don't give a **** about your heal or if you die in pain.
    All they care is about the money they can **** you for while your alive..
    Believe me it's no joke.
    if the police pulls you over and says you was speeding or what ever, you have the right to a hearing to fight for your self, How ever win or lose you have to pay $25.00 for a filing fee. So if your inocent and didn't do anything wrong and the throw the charges out for a speeding or moving violation fine, they still make $25.00 off you. That is unconstitutional, and a SCAM!!
    I work in mass and live in mass but sick and tired of it costing 98% of my earnings to live becaue of the high fees and taxes this state charges.
    it's nuts. I have family who lives in newhampshire they have something to show for the hard work they do.
    Guess what after all these years of mass ****ing me out of my hard earn money because all this state is designed to do now is find ways to get YOUR MONEY!!
    I'm going to work in mass at my job i make decent money and i have a girlfriend who lives in mass and i live with her, the house is under her name, and i'm going to change my license and perm residence at my ants house pay new hampshire fees for my license and tax on my car and everything else, but give Mass THE DONUT HOLE!!!!
    you can do it to , it's not against the law you can live where you want, and sleep where you want, there is no law to sleep over your girls house everyday but live in Newhampshire.
    SO, if your smart you would either move out of mass, or if you have no choice but to stay if you got friends or relitives in new hampshire then do what i'm going to do change it all to New hampshire and still work and be in mass.
    You just don't have to give them all your money any more.
    As it is i get all my tobaco in New hampshire no way i'm going to give mass all that tax money it's a joke.
    did you know for instance , MARLBORO cigarettes is manufactured by philip morris, did you know the state of maass makes more money in taxes then the tobaco manufacture who has it on the market per pack of cigarettes?
    that is crazy and you are all fools if you allow this to continue.
    I'm the one who has the last laugh at mass i'm not an idiot and going to give them all my money they are tring to rob me of.
    Yeah right..
  36. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  240 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by ManBeast View Post
    The middle of missouri is no fun either, just for very different reasons.

MB
    What part are you from? Im form St. Louis and let me tell you, it has to be the moost boring big city. anyone who moves here from a small town will tell me "I thought there would be more excitement in a big city...too much driving". I can only imagine how boring the middle area is!
  37. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  240 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by butane2011 View Post
    That is if you want to be able to have something to show for all the hard work you did when your old and can't work any more.
    Look at this for a minute.
    Mass taxes you for every ****in thing they can get away with.
    If your a cigarette smoker they created a special tax for that called a sin tax because it's not good for you, so because you enjoy something that is not good for your health, they can tax the **** out of you.
    they don't give a **** about your heal or if you die in pain.
    All they care is about the money they can **** you for while your alive..
    Believe me it's no joke.
    if the police pulls you over and says you was speeding or what ever, you have the right to a hearing to fight for your self, How ever win or lose you have to pay $25.00 for a filing fee. So if your inocent and didn't do anything wrong and the throw the charges out for a speeding or moving violation fine, they still make $25.00 off you. That is unconstitutional, and a SCAM!!
    I work in mass and live in mass but sick and tired of it costing 98% of my earnings to live becaue of the high fees and taxes this state charges.
    it's nuts. I have family who lives in newhampshire they have something to show for the hard work they do.
    Guess what after all these years of mass ****ing me out of my hard earn money because all this state is designed to do now is find ways to get YOUR MONEY!!
    I'm going to work in mass at my job i make decent money and i have a girlfriend who lives in mass and i live with her, the house is under her name, and i'm going to change my license and perm residence at my ants house pay new hampshire fees for my license and tax on my car and everything else, but give Mass THE DONUT HOLE!!!!
    you can do it to , it's not against the law you can live where you want, and sleep where you want, there is no law to sleep over your girls house everyday but live in Newhampshire.
    SO, if your smart you would either move out of mass, or if you have no choice but to stay if you got friends or relitives in new hampshire then do what i'm going to do change it all to New hampshire and still work and be in mass.
    You just don't have to give them all your money any more.
    As it is i get all my tobaco in New hampshire no way i'm going to give mass all that tax money it's a joke.
    did you know for instance , MARLBORO cigarettes is manufactured by philip morris, did you know the state of maass makes more money in taxes then the tobaco manufacture who has it on the market per pack of cigarettes?
    that is crazy and you are all fools if you allow this to continue.
    I'm the one who has the last laugh at mass i'm not an idiot and going to give them all my money they are tring to rob me of.
    Yeah right..
    Sounds like their gonna ppay the price when everyone moves out
  38. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  207 lbs.

All valid points throughout thread, but I love it here in Boston. Moved around a lot as a kid, been all over the world via military, and nowhere felt like home like Boston does.
    Taxes are killer, driving is downright dangerous, people are insane, but dammit, it feels like home.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Massachusetts doctors.
    By slacker86 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-11-2010, 11:25 PM
  2. Massachusetts Residents
    By RenegadeRows in forum Politics
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 01-27-2010, 05:07 AM
  3. Boston Massachusetts?
    By stormecho in forum Powerlifting/Strongman