Official NFL Football Thread

Page 4 of 4 First ... 234
  1. Senior Member
    Answers

not much to say, except... I was IN Lambeau, ON the 50 yard line (scored nearly impossible to get tickets from a friend), watching the '9ers get plugged. even though favre had a bad day they were able to get it done, thanks mainly to the pack defensive line stuffing rattay all day. was an awesome game, I'm a long time san fran guy but since I live in Wis. now I have to be a damn cheesehead... anyway, thought I'd share. talk about tailgating... woah. good times.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Answers

Originally posted by Biggs
    not much to say, except... I was IN Lambeau, ON the 50 yard line (scored nearly impossible to get tickets from a friend), watching the '9ers get plugged. even though favre had a bad day they were able to get it done, thanks mainly to the pack defensive line stuffing rattay all day. was an awesome game, I'm a long time san fran guy but since I live in Wis. now I have to be a damn cheesehead... anyway, thought I'd share. talk about tailgating... woah. good times.
    Damm Biggs, your Pack gave my 49ers a good old fashioned ass whupping with their running attack. Can't ****in believe the 49ers had 2 chances inside the 20 and came away with a punt, and a missed field goal, that's been the story of the 49ers season, which sadly ended yesterday. If Minnesota or Seattle choke than I'll have to watch the Cheeseheads in the Play-Offs, and possibly the Cowboys too
  3. Senior Member
    Answers

Originally posted by Iron Warrior

Damm Biggs, your Pack gave my 49ers a good old fashioned ass whupping with their running attack. Can't ****in believe the 49ers had 2 chances inside the 20 and came away with a punt, and a missed field goal, that's been the story of the 49ers season, which sadly ended yesterday. If Minnesota or Seattle choke than I'll have to watch the Cheeseheads in the Play-Offs, and possibly the Cowboys too
    yeah, glad to see they are functioning more effectively now, fumbling less and keeping penalties down, all important stuff when Favre is off his game... felt bad for San Fran too though, always like seeing them get into the playoffs (though, I'm glad I kept with my "non-castration" plan and cheered like a crazy **** for the Pack!). we'll see what happens with the rest of the Vikings games, that Seattle game was insane brother! couldn't believe it when I saw the highlights of that thing, like no points in the first half then an explosion.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Answers

Your team will make it Biggs, Favre is too good to be home come play-off time, just make sure Ahman Green holds on to the ball and everything will be okay. Seattle and/or Minnesota are about to implode so that'll help a lot, if both of them implode and the 49ers run the table than they may still get in, but I doubt it.

The Seahawks got flat out robbed, that was high way robbery, imagine how much worse it can get if they remove the replay system.
  5. Senior Member
    Answers

The Seahawks got flat out robbed, that was high way robbery, imagine how much worse it can get if they remove the replay system.
    they'd better NOT remove replay... that must really **** morale though, I can't imagine what it would have been like in the locker room after the Colts (go Indy!)/ Buccs game where one of the "best defenses in history" fluked out like a million points in the last 4 minutes. they must have been bawling like schoolchildren.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Answers

Originally posted by Biggs

Buccs game where one of the "best defenses in history" fluked out like a million points in the last 4 minutes. they must have been bawling like schoolchildren.
    All that's left of Tampa's defense is their reputation. They flat out underachieved this year. COuldn't make a stop to save their lives.
  7. New Member
    Answers

Thanksgiving is one of the few times a year when I'm proud to be a Lions fan. No matter what their record is, they play like a contendor on Thanksgiving.

~Todd
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Answers

****in 49ers are killing me, 44-6 is an embarassment. They have dissed T.O. way too much, only 3 catches for 23 yards. I saw him wide open down the field one play and Jeff Garcia dumped it off to Hearst for 5 yards, what kinda **** is that. I give props to the Ravens though, they handled their business. Ray Lewis is the best defensive player in the league, and he showed it.
    Answers

Yet another loss chalked up on the board. 4 and 8 now...........wtf man.

Anyhow, our O-line is $hit, our db's are $hit, everyone else is pretty up to snuff. We need to keep Bettis. He still has at least 2-3 years left in his tank. If your O-line can't open up holes, ****ing Walter Payton will be stopped. He still shows that he has speed, agility, etc. for a 256 lb. dude.

IMHO, I think that we should sign at least two or 3 DB's next year. I know that Ty Law is going to be a free agent, would be nice to have him. But, he's getting old now, so who knows.

Also, I hate to say it but, I think we need to get rid of coach Cowher. Sometimes I don't understand the play's he calls, decisions he makes. He leaves a lot to be desired at times.

But hey, I'll quit talking now because who the hell wants to hear about hte steelers anyways? :-)
  10. PC1
    Answers

I'm liking the Patriots........ they manage to win games. I think they're going to the Superbowl this year
  11. Senior Member
    Answers

Originally posted by db682

Pursuit your a funny guy. Patriots and Raiders. Now thats something funny. You could combine both together this year and still not have one decent team. You might as well be picking Cincinnati Bengals to go all the way with a mindset like that.
    Oct. 19th (Home) and Dec. 7 (@ New England). Patriots to lose by ALOT both games.

Miami runs things!

db
    Open mouth insert foot LMAO!!!
  12. Advanced Member
    Answers

KC exposed as the Chump Frauds. Eddie Kennison can kiss my ass. Portis for President
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Answers

Well the 49ers did good but it's too little too late and it was against the Cardinals.

Denver looked pretty scary but it seems like they play down to the level of lesser teams at times.

Baltimore is looking pretty tough too, I still don't think Anthony Wright has what it takes to get them back to the Super Bowl. My two Super Bowl teams at this moment are the Rams (even though I hate 'em) and the Colts (only team with enough firepower to beat the Pats)
  14. New Member
    Answers

Baltimore is looking pretty tough too, I still don't think Anthony Wright has what it takes to get them back to the Super Bowl. My two Super Bowl teams at this moment are the Rams (even though I hate 'em) and the Colts (only team with enough firepower to beat the Pats)
    Wrights no worse the Dilfer and the D is not that far off from 00'. I think the Ravens are a the team to deal with in the AFC. The colts are the new age buffo bills. Miami and Indy won't get past their 1st game in the playoffs. The only team that concerns me is the Pats. I think there the only ones who can stop team Lewis from getting another ring.
  15. New Member
    Answers

I think teams better be sure Denver doesn't make a wild card. I think they have all the tools. They can be a scary team if they make the playoffs. Go STEELERS!!!!!!!!
  16. PC1
    Answers

A win is a win and a loss is a loss.

But I believe that right now, the Patriots could avenge either of their regular season losses to either KC or Buffalo.

With KC, the Pats didn't deserve to be in the game at the end, but were in a position to win it anyway in spite of injuries, then blew it.

I don't know what the heck happened with their season opener with Buffalo. But I expect their next meeting will end quite differently.

I won't go so far as to say they're going to win the Super Bowl. But I do believe they're going. They play well against the very good teams. I fear they don't take mediocre teams seriously enough, but at 11-2, they're in the playoffs in any event. Home field advantage in their case will be huge.

I also have a lot of respect for Bill Belichick & co. Very shrewd coaching. Whether you like the Pats or not, you have to admire the job Belichick does with them week in and week out. He gives them the plan they need to beat the other team, and they're executing it well now.
  17. New Member
    Answers

This was hilarious. I forget what network I was watching but the broadcasters were talking about the Cardinals. They said they didn't think the Cardinals would get a BCS bid. And then someone else chimed in with, well, I think they would make a BCS game, but they wouln't be playing for the national championship. I thought that was hilarious!!!
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Answers

Originally posted by destro19

The only team that concerns me is the Pats. I think there the only ones who can stop team Lewis from getting another ring.
    Yup, but the Pats can't run. Amazingly, the Pats don't do anything special (further proof that parity can allow most teams to compete, also look at Cincinnati for further proof ). They just play better fundamental football than the rest of the teams. They tackle well, don't kill themselves, and they have awesome team chemistry. Their weakness is their lack of a running game. The Pats can be beaten as long as the other team A) Has a pass rush B) Doesn't self destruct C) Has a good QB that can handle their defense.

BTW, who's the most valuable Lewis in Baltimore ? I vote for Ray.
  19. Advanced Member
    Answers

The pats are different from week to week. Some week they can run and others they can't. I must say that the way they keep trying to run Antwain Smith to the outside makes me crazy. He is at his best running up the middle.They seem to raise or lower them selves to the type of team they are playing.
    I disagree with you about them not doing any thing special, their defense is. I think Bill Bellicheck is probably one of the best coaches in the NFL today.
    I do agree that they can be beaten though. Everyone of their games have been so close they could easily loose one if not the rest. I think if anyone beats them it could be the Jets. I am hoping that they go to the bowl. I am from Ma , so I am always rooting for them. I would be nice if they started blowing people out of they water. I have to take blood pressure medication every time they play.
  20. PC1
    Answers

Blood pressure medicine every time the Pats play......... funny stuff. Funny because it's true.

The Pats ARE a special team. They win..... No one in the NFL gets to 13-2 without being a great football team. They're under rated by just about everyone.

The Jets ALWAYS give the Pats a hard time, home or away. And you're right about them not blowing anyone out of the water, as the Vikings manhandled the Chiefs today for example. I don't know why they don't.... they just don't. But they do win..... they just WIN.

Maddening for the other teams, many of whom have had a victory snatched away in the final moments of the game. Equally maddening for someone like the Jets, a good team in spite of their eh record, losing by a fairly close margin nonetheless.

I love Curtis Martin. And Chad Pennington, although a talented quarterback, he DESPERATELY needs to hit the weight room in the offseason and add 15+ lbs to his gangly physique...... and develop his arm to be able to throw the football with something on it. He looks (and throws) like a college sophomore out there. He HAS the potential, he's very good now. But if he had an arm like Brady, the guy could be another Joe Montanna.

It isn't always pretty, but Belichick & co. develop the plan each week, the players execute it, and the defense and special team create opportunities for the offense, or score themselves. They disrupt and disorient. It's smart football. It seems they're continually underestimated.

Brady continues maturing, and is a cool cucumber under pressure........geez, if we had Curtis Martin (back) in the rotation?! In that case I'd predict another super bowl victory this year But in any event, I DO (and have for several weeks now) predict they're going to the super bowl. Throughout the playoffs, prognosticators will look at the matchups and conclude the Pats should and WILL be beaten. But I wouldn't bet against the Pats.
    Last edited by PC1; 12-21-2003 at 12:01 AM.
  21. Advanced Member
    Answers

The only thing that worries me is that they have won 11 in a row.You have to figure they were do for a loss, especially when their games are so close. The local media is also throwing the destiny word around and acting like they have all ready won the super bowl. I am afraid they are going to jinx them. The running game worries me as well. Antwain is the type of back that you run up the middle. Initially he might get only a few yards but as the game goes on the it will take five guys to tackle him, then he will bust out a few 15 yard gains towards the end. He doesn't make cuts very well yet allot of the plays they will have him try to do this. I definitely wasn't happy when Curt Martin left.
    I agree with you on the Jets. Chad Pennington has some qualities like Tom Brady. I'd say he looks more like a high school quarterback than a soft more. He and Mark Bulger both look like man children.
    Chad seems to struggle when there is only a few minutes left. I remember watching a game last season when there was close to a minute left and they were acting like they had all the time in the world. Thee jets should be pretty good next year. What's the deal with Wayne Cherbret? Is he done? I guess that was his fifth concussion.
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Answers

Man some good games this week, here's my picks

Green Bay @ Philly : Philly wins 20-17. They may not have a lot of offensive firepower but McNabb always finds a way to win and they've been great down the stretch except for the loss to the schizophrenic 49ers. I think Favre will face a lot of pressure and when he does he usually makes a couple of dumb throws that cost his team.

Tennessee @ New England: Pats win 28-17. Pats have one week to rest while McNair and George are beat up like hell. Tennesse also lacks a big play receiver which will hurt when you face the Pats defense at their house.

Indianapolis @ Kansas City: Indy wins 34-27. This will probably be the most entertaining game. The Colts are playing with confidence and the Chiefs have to have some doubts based on their recent performances. I think Manning's play-off experience gives him an edge over Trent Green.

Carolina @ St. Louis: Rams win 23-10. The Panthers will keep it close cause of their defense, but St. Louis will eventually make the necessary blocking adjustments to give Bulger enough time to find Holt, Bruce, or Faulk. Rams just have too many play makers to lose a home play-off game after a 1 week break.
  23. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by PC1
    I'm liking the Patriots........ they manage to win games. I think they're going to the Superbowl this year

Good call man......and that was back in October...
  24. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by sage
    No one has laid out their SuperBowl Prediction. Mine isnt a prediction, but a certainty.

Best regular season record:
    AFC: Miami
    NFC: Tampa

Superbowl:
    Eagles - Patriots

Champs:
    Eagles

Sage
    Sage you were real close on your prediction...Nice job
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. The Official Product Request Thread
    By stryder in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 4028
    Last Post: 08-18-2014, 04:52 PM
  2. The Official Chewing Tobacco thread
    By Taylor's Pride in forum General Chat
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 02-21-2009, 09:50 AM
  3. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-24-2008, 05:07 PM
  4. Official Member Acknowlegment Thread ! ! ! !
    By Zombie in forum General Chat
    Replies: 113
    Last Post: 12-29-2006, 05:17 PM
  5. Official College Football Thread
    By jweave23 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 163
    Last Post: 01-08-2004, 03:45 PM