Official NFL Football Thread

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
  1. Registered User
    Answers

Originally posted by Iron Warrior

Not with that interception machine at QB Remeber Oakland spanked you guys last year on MNF after having struggled for a few games, but Denver has a damm good team none the less. They should easily make the play Offs.

BTW Destro, your Ravens are pretty damm good except for their QB. Boller is not worthy of a first round pick bro. I saw him at Cal and he only improved in the new coach's system for one year. I guess scouts still fall for QB's who have cannons and mad strength. This reminds me of how the 49ers ****ed up when they drafted Jim Druckenmiller in the first round and they thought he'd be Steve Young's successor because Druckenmiller and Boller had a lot in common
    Yeah, I forget who it was, but last week or the week before one of the commentators made a comment about Plummer. They were laughing and said, heck, I think he could throw an interception on his flight home. I was laughing my arse off.

2. Registered User
    Answers

The *****ry is worse here cause theres so many ****zburge refugees living here and taking our baltimore-ian jobs. We left work early on sunday to go watch the beginning of the game and there was this drunk (job-steeler) yelling at some 120lb nerd in a lewis jersey. He was quieted real quick. Ps, no offense to aynone here who is 120lbs.
  3. Registered User
    Answers

That was nothing more than 1st week jitters. Remember, he threw 3 TDs and no interceptions in just the 1st half last week against the Chargers. And by they way. The Raiders have 3 wins out of the last 14 games against the Broncos.
    •   

Answers

LOL @ destro..............HEh, yea that wasn't cool. Pittsburgh has a lot of a$$holes, but no more than any other town. Tenn. next week holmes, another real test. Dunno about it, hopefully I don't have to work this time.

I hear the same thing about Baltimore, I went to the Chesapeke Bay the other year, good crabs.
  5. Registered User
    Answers

Well, if I ever have an extra ticket, I will definitely do that.

yeah, I like Clarion. the girl to guy ratio is like 4 to 1 there. We go to this bar called the Lumas or Loomas (I forget)where all the students go. It is always a good time.

As for the groundhog, my buddy told me that last year or the year before the groundhog died like a week or two before the ceremony. They had to have a new one shipped in. I guess he is on display at a library or something throughout the course of the year. so when he died, they made and excuse and said they were renovating his cage, that's why he wasn't on display. I thought that was funny.

I am not sure what company. I have only met her once. She is like 22 and just graduated from University of Richmond, I guess she is a heck of a golfer. I was supposed to play Sunday at Treasure Lake, which I hear is a phenomenal course, but I had to cancel.
  6. Registered User
    Answers

How about them Bronco's Total annililation of the Raiders or should I call them the Faiders Jake Plummer looked like Hall of Fame QB. Still time to jump on the bandwagon all.

Can't wait for the KC-Denver game and expose the Chiefs as pretenders.
  7. Registered User
    Answers

With my Mariners stinking it up down the stretch (once again), my focus turns to football and the SEEEEEAAAAHAWKS!! We philthy
    Sage
    Answers

FOXX, yeah dude, your broncos got some talent. Last night was the first time that I had got to watch them. Plummer was sickening, all I could do was shake my head every time they scored or got a HUGE first down, which was most of the game. I liked how the Raiders got stomped, they were so full of themselves and they finally got proven to the world. Plus, I can't friggin stand Romanowski, dudes a dickwad.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Answers

Originally posted by Sir Foxx
    Can't wait for the KC-Denver game and expose the Chiefs as pretenders.
    Yup, you guys should have an easy time w/the Chiefs after watching last nights blowout, wasn't even as close as the score indicates. K.C. is vulnerable to the run and they couldn't cover one-legged wide receivers if their lives depended on it.

BTW, the Raiders are collapsing big time, they're age has caught up with them. They'll get a boost when Jerry Porter gets back but I see them as an 8-8 team. Al Michaels' comparison of Rich Gannon to Steve Young in 1994 (after the 49ers got the **** kicked out of them by Philly) makes me sick as a 49ers fan because that was probably the best 49ers team ever IMO. That 49ers team was basically unstoppable offensively, and they had a top 5 defense that year.
  10. Registered User
    Answers

Yup, you guys should have an easy time w/the Chiefs after watching last nights blowout, wasn't even as close as the score indicates. K.C. is vulnerable to the run and they couldn't cover one-legged wide receivers if their lives depended on it.
    Hopefully the Ravens expose the Chiefs this week with Lewis and Lewis. If they can hold the chiefs to 20 then they have a good chance of winning. The key for the Ravens is stopping Hall. I think they can stop Priest but kicking to Hall is a no no.
  11. Registered User
    Answers

Originally posted by Sir Foxx
    How about them Bronco's Total annililation of the Raiders or should I call them the Faiders Jake Plummer looked like Hall of Fame QB. Still time to jump on the bandwagon all.
    Old-klan Should hang up the season and see if they can get some good picks and make some trades. They looked like the old guys who come up to the basketball court and hang with the young guys for about 2mins before exposing there age. There full of “once was’s” and “use to be’s”.
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Answers

Originally posted by destro19
    If they can hold the chiefs to 20 then they have a good chance of winning
    The Ravens D has the ability to hold them because they have the best defensive player in the NFL (Ray Lewis of course). Their DB's can match up well w/KC's passing attack, I also believe Terrell Suggs will be a playmaker.

The Ravens just need Kyle Boller to step it up, this I am not sure of, but I hope he does 'cause he's a Cal guy.
    Answers

The Ravens D has the ability to hold them because they have the best defensive player in the NFL (Ray Lewis of course). Their DB's can match up well w/KC's passing attack, I also believe Terrell Suggs will be a playmaker.
    [Begin Rant] WHAT!!?? I almost flipped my wig when I read that. Ray Lewis the "Best Defensive Player Of the Year". You can't be serious, no, I know you aren't serious. LMFAO!!

Their D has the ability to hold him? Their secondary? WOW!!
    "And thats all I have to say about that" --FG
    Last edited by Jergo; 09-23-2003 at 08:38 PM.
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Answers

Come on Jergo, Ray Lewis was the biggest reason the Ravens won a Super Bowl, that's pretty amazing because he's a LB. He also overpowered Eddie George for an interception which he took back for a TD and changed that game compltely, simply put, he makes big plays when the game's on the line. He had tips which led to TD's in that Super Bowl. You can certainly make arguments for Derrick Brooks, Warren Sapp, Jason Gildon, Javon Kearse, Jason Taylor, Brian Urlacher, and LaVar Arrington but I'll take Ray Lewis over them any day.

As far as their DB's go: Chris McAllister & Ed Reed are Pro Bowl caliber standouts.
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Answers

im a huge jets fan and were 0-3 im depressed. Atleast the yanks are in the playoffs.
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Answers

Originally posted by Rictor33
    Atleast the yanks are in the playoffs.
    I think my A's are ready for an ALCS showdown with da Bronx bombers & I like their chances.

As far as the Jets go, it looks like like the beginning of the end, actually, the begining of the end was when they let Jets take Laveranous Coles, Randy Thomas, and even their kicker John Hall.
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Answers

Man freakin 49ers have me worried. Did you guys see Terrell Owens sell Jeff Garcia out and saying Rattay should start. T.O. has become a punk. I didn't mid him talking **** when because he used to back it up. He shouldn't be talking **** after having 5 catches for a measly 55 yards. We 49ers fans are used to having a conteneder every year, but it's looking pretty ugly now, hopefully they'll have the testicular fortitude to beat the almighty Detroit Lions.
    Answers

I'm going to kill myself.....
  19. Registered User
    Answers

Man freakin 49ers have me worried. Did you guys see Terrell Owens sell Jeff Garcia out and saying Rattay should start. T.O. has become a punk. I didn't mid him talking **** when because he used to back it up. He shouldn't be talking **** after having 5 catches for a measly 55 yards. We 49ers fans are used to having a conteneder every year, but it's looking pretty ugly now, hopefully they'll have the testicular fortitude to beat the almighty Detroit Lions.
    I hope they let him go so we can pick him up. Looks like Purple Haze will finally get a receiver next year. if we can keep the D and keep others from stacking against Jamal then we should be diesel next year. We still could win the division this year.
  20. Registered User
    Answers

just had to Throw A Go Bucs Out There!!
  21. Registered User
    Answers

I think my A's are ready for an ALCS showdown with da Bronx bombers & I like their chances.
    They have to get past my Sox first though.  Although I gotta tell you I don't have a good feeling against the A's. I would rather have had to play the Yankees first.
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Answers

I hope they let him go so we can pick him up. Looks like Purple Haze will finally get a receiver next year. if we can keep the D and keep others from stacking against Jamal then we should be diesel next year. We still could win the division this year.
    Sorry Destro, not gonna happen, although I'd rather have him sign with an AFC team. According to the local media, Terrell Owens will end up in Atlanta, Philadelphia, or possibly Tennessee.

1. Atlanta has his former WR coach George Stewart who has been the only coach he liked at San Francisco. Not mention Michael Vick would be unstoppable with T.O. & Peerless Price. Needless to say watchout Tampa.

2. He has mentioned he desired playing with Donovan McNabb because he believes McNabb has the strongest arm in football.

3. He strongly believes Tennessee is one playmaker away from the Super Bowl. He views himself as that playmaker. He also has ties to the Tennessee area because he played college at Chattanooga, TN.

I guarantee you all if Eddie DeBartolo was the owner, T.O. would be under contract for the next 5 years. Eddie D always did keep his players happy with $$$ under the table. Too bad this new moron ( John York ) knows jack **** about football. He has also seeked adviced from Mike Brown ( Bengals deadbeat owner ) of all people . Looks like 49ers empire is about to collapse.
  23. Registered User
    Answers

Sorry Destro, not gonna happen, although I'd rather have him sign with an AFC team. According to the local media, Terrell Owens will end up in Atlanta, Philadelphia, or possibly Tennessee.

1. Atlanta has his former WR coach George Stewart who has been the only coach he liked at San Francisco. Not mention Michael Vick would be unstoppable with T.O. & Peerless Price. Needless to say watchout Tampa.

2. He has mentioned he desired playing with Donovan McNabb because he believes McNabb has the strongest arm in football.

3. He strongly believes Tennessee is one playmaker away from the Super Bowl. He views himself as that playmaker. He also has ties to the Tennessee area because he played college at Chattanooga, TN.

I guarantee you all if Eddie DeBartolo was the owner, T.O. would be under contract for the next 5 years. Eddie D always did keep his players happy with $$$ under the table. Too bad this new moron ( John York ) knows jack **** about football. He has also seeked adviced from Mike Brown ( Bengals deadbeat owner ) of all people . Looks like 49ers empire is about to collapse.
    It collapsed when 16 went to Kc. Then there was hope untill 8 took a shot and went down like like a TOB. If we dont get TO we can still get some one in the off season.
  24. Registered User
    Answers

I hear David Boston will be available
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Answers

It collapsed when 16 went to Kc. Then there was hope untill 8 took a shot and went down like like a TOB. If we dont get TO we can still get some one in the off season.
    Very true Destro, Montana, Young, Rice, & Lott were the gift of the football God's to the 49ers. Now we have a very overrated and overhyped team IMO. Garcia is solid but he ain't in Young or Montana's level. The only hope is if they finally start Kevan Barlow full-time & give him 25 carries a game, he'd turn a lot of heads if this happened.
  26. Registered User
    Answers

Today was a very frustrating day. I'm a midwestern transplant to Southern California and I was excited that my lowly Detroit Lions were playing the 49ers in the late game. I made it home from church in time for the game, and Fox puts on the Redskin vs. Eagles game. I live 6 or 7 hours from San Francisco and my Fox channel is from Los Angeles so I know it's not a NFL blackout thing.

~Todd
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Answers

****in 49ers shooting themselves on the foot. T.O. can't be dropping 3 passes a game, he would have taken one of those for TD. This one hurts 'cause they would have been 3-3 and only half a game behind Seattle. If the holder can remember to do his ****in easy ass job than the game would have been tied 20-20, if Hearst can hold on to the ball than maybe the get in position for a game winning field goal. They're playing more like the old Raiders who had good talent but found ways to beat themselves

BTW, thanks to parity we have Carolina at 5-0, Dallas 4-1, K.C. 6-0, Minnesota 5-0. Just weird if you ask me, didn't think any of these would have a prayer w/the exception of K.C.

I liked the days when Eddie DeBartolo would just sign anyone he wanted kinda like the Yankees do, but damm that salary crap
  28. PC1
    Answers

I'm liking the Patriots of late. They're playing very well in light of all the injuries they've sustained and have looked very good against both Tennessee and the Giants.......both very physical teams.

Belichick has engineered very effective plays to exploit opponents weaker areas. Very smart.

Sunday against Miami will be a real test for them. The Pats have never, EVER beaten Miami at Miami during the months of September or October in the history of the franchise...... dating back to the 1960's.

What do you think, db682?

29. PC1
    Answers

Patriots beat Dolphins by 6 in OT......... With all their injuries, somehow they just manage to win. Great job today.
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Answers

Yeah baby, 49ers did it. Stomped Tampa Bay 24-7. They also missed 3 field goals so it could have been worse. Never seen Tampa's Defense get dominated like today. 253 passing yards and 212 rushing yards for the 49ers. Terrell Owens finally broke out of his slump with a huge day. I hope this is the type of game that turns a team around. If they go 5-2 down the stretch than they may make the play-offs. This is also huge because it would give them a tie-braker edge over Tampa Bay if they had to fight for the last spot.
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Answers

jets in 2 in a row! YAY chad comes back soon. Uh, Giants are horrible and that's good because I hate the Giants they are my least favorite team. I hate the patriots but not as much as the fins, I needed the patriots to win so the fins wouldn't have a great record going into their normal slump-time. GO jets maybe the patriots and the dolphins will falter again and we can once again get lucky
  32. Registered User
    Answers

Yeah baby, 49ers did it. Stomped Tampa Bay 24-7. They also missed 3 field goals so it could have been worse. Never seen Tampa's Defense get dominated like today. 253 passing yards and 212 rushing yards for the 49ers. Terrell Owens finally broke out of his slump with a huge day. I hope this is the type of game that turns a team around. If they go 5-2 down the stretch than they may make the play-offs. This is also huge because it would give them a tie-braker edge over Tampa Bay if they had to fight for the last spot.
    I know the ravens lost but at least we had an excuse. There was none for Tampa they were just hammered. It looks as if we're going to have a hard time having Marvin in the division since he knows the defensive personnel so well.
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Answers

I know the ravens lost but at least we had an excuse. There was none for Tampa they were just hammered. It looks as if we're going to have a hard time having Marvin in the division since he knows the defensive personnel so well.
    Marvin is gonna turn thingd arouns in Cincinnati. He knows how to get the best out of his players and I would be worried if I were the Ravens two years from know. All the Bengals have to do is keep Corey Dillon happy, I hope he doesn't turn into a Terrell Owens.

Destro, if Kyle Boller pans out, your team will be a serious contender 2-3 years from know as long as they stay healthy and keep their nucleus from signing with another team. IMO they should have traded down a little and drafted Byron Leftwich instead of Carson Palmer. Palmer only had one good year which could have been attributed to Pete Carroll and his offensive guru Norm Chow. On the other hand, Leftwich had a kick ass career, and has incredible potential. Just my 2 cents
    Answers

I'm am now banning myself from this thread. Now I must go kill myself after I drink a case of Iron City.
  35. Registered User
    Answers

Marvin is gonna turn thingd arouns in Cincinnati. He knows how to get the best out of his players and I would be worried if I were the Ravens two years from know. All the Bengals have to do is keep Corey Dillon happy, I hope he doesn't turn into a Terrell Owens.

Destro, if Kyle Boller pans out, your team will be a serious contender 2-3 years from know as long as they stay healthy and keep their nucleus from signing with another team. IMO they should have traded down a little and drafted Byron Leftwich instead of Carson Palmer. Palmer only had one good year which could have been attributed to Pete Carroll and his offensive guru Norm Chow. On the other hand, Leftwich had a kick ass career, and has incredible potential. Just my 2 cents
    Boller is 100% better than Chris Scared-man. I hope we can win atleast 2 games with Wright.

BTW It looks like the free agent pool on recivers is going to be good this year. Johnson, Boston and possibly Owens. We may get the guy we need.
  36. Registered User
    Answers

All the Bengals have to do is keep Corey Dillon happy, I hope he doesn't turn into a Terrell Owens.
    Looks like Dillon will be in somewhere like detroit or NewEngland next year cause Rudi has taken his job and........ Ran With It. Corny Joke
  37. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Answers

Originally posted by Jergo
    I'm am now banning myself from this thread. Now I must go kill myself after I drink a case of Iron City.
    It's all good bro, at least they're not the Atlanta Falcons.

Hey Destro, the 49ers may keep T.O. after all. There's rumore in the media that the 49ers will dump Jeff Garcia so that they can keep T.O. and Julian Peterson who also becomes a free agent next year. This would be stupid IMO, they can afford to get rid of Garrison Hearst 'cause they have Barlow, but Garcia is the man.
  38. Registered User
    Answers

It's all good bro, at least they're not the Atlanta Falcons.

Hey Destro, the 49ers may keep T.O. after all. There's rumore in the media that the 49ers will dump Jeff Garcia so that they can keep T.O. and Julian Peterson who also becomes a free agent next year. This would be stupid IMO, they can afford to get rid of Garrison Hearst 'cause they have Barlow, but Garcia is the man.
    We will see tommorow if Rat-boy wins Ole jeff may be out.
  39. Registered User
    Answers

Ha, the steelers beat the browns. I was at the game. This picture is from the pit. We were got there about 9AM. I wore my gold and black true and proud in the heart of Cleveland. We did some drinking. I met up with about 6 or 7 of my buddies in Cleveland and partied like a rock star. It wasn't too bad. I can handle people calling me a-hole, I ask for that wearing that jersey. Nobody stepped over the line with me though (It is also nice to be 6'2" and 235 pounds too). Everyone was pretty cool. There were a couple of steeler fans that got jumped though.
  40. Registered User
    Answers

People got a kick out of us. They were yelling your relationship won't work. She had a couch jersey and I had my steelers stuff on. This is us a the stadium. These are not bad pics. for a cell phone.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. The Official Product Request Thread
    By stryder in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 4028
    Last Post: 08-18-2014, 04:52 PM
  2. The Official Chewing Tobacco thread
    By Taylor's Pride in forum General Chat
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 02-21-2009, 09:50 AM
  3. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-24-2008, 05:07 PM
  4. Official Member Acknowlegment Thread ! ! ! !
    By Zombie in forum General Chat
    Replies: 113
    Last Post: 12-29-2006, 05:17 PM
  5. Official College Football Thread
    By jweave23 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 163
    Last Post: 01-08-2004, 03:45 PM