Official NFL Football Thread

J

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
Ok sports fans, here's the place to talk about how much the Steelers suck!! :p :D :D

BTW I'm not the biggest NFL fan around, I'll probably stick to the college ball thread.

T

T-Bar

Awards
All I know is the Raiders better do better than they did in pre-season...

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
:D

Aww. how nice.

Well, I didn't know if the thing on TV tonight was a football game or a teen concert. My god, just kick the fvcking ball off. They always have to turn things into a damn circus.

Anyhow, I thought the game was too boring, but still a game. The jets done funked up w/ getting rid of all those players, and will now pay.

....And thats all I have to say about that.

--(FG)

D

db682

Awards
  • Established
Just like college football, Florida has all the teams. Tampa Bay rocks, Miami looks very impressive and Jacksonville has some skills as well. Im more of a Fin fan being from Miami and all but I also like Tampa alot. Sapp is the ****.

But the seasons just begun so well see how **** works out.

Redskins balled pretty good tonight against the Jets. Good game.

db

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
THe Hawks'
We going 10-6, NFC wildcard, and into the second round of the playoffs. Now that Tampa got a championship, Seattle might just be the saddest NFL franchise ever......not anymore :D
Sage

S

sawastea

Awards
Big Florida fan

Born in Dallas but lived in the MIA for 12 years...Big fan of 'Da Boys, Fins, Bucs, Gators and I have ties with UM

The only team I really don't care about is FSU

C

csakiges

Awards
Steelers baby!!! Best wide recieving duo in the business. Now as long as our secondary holds up we have a chance to make a run at the Super Bowl!!! And as long as no more of our players get shot in the buttocks!!! :D

I have to like football, its my job!!!!!!!

Sir Foxx

Sir Foxx

Awards
  • Established
Denver Bronco's, 19-0, Jake the Snake MVP. You heard it here;)

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Steelers?!?!!? They aren't even the best team in the state!

E
A
G
L
E
S

EAGLES!

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
S

sawastea

Awards
I'd be surprised if Jake the Snake has a good year. He has the receivers and the tailback, which he's NEVER had. New type of offense. He has the tools, I just don't know

If anyone wins the MVP on the Broncos, it'll be Portis

Steelers have STUD wide receivers and frankly, prob are the best combo

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
No one has laid out their SuperBowl Prediction. Mine isnt a prediction, but a certainty.

Best regular season record:
AFC: Miami
NFC: Tampa

Superbowl:
Eagles - Patriots

Champs:
Eagles

Sage

C

csakiges

Awards
Super Bowl - Texans vs. Lions - Ends in a tie, 0-0, neither team could score.

That is what I love about the NFL and why every other league should model themselves (as a business) after them. There are 10 teams right now that I think could legitimately win the Super Bowl. I love the competitive balance. Media revenue sharing works wonders. You hear that MLB, I mean Steinbrenner and Turner!!! :D

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
THe Hawks'
We going 10-6, NFC wildcard, and into the second round of the playoffs. Now that Tampa got a championship, Seattle might just be the saddest NFL franchise ever......not anymore :D
Sage
No way bro, not over my 49ers. It's gonna be St. Louis 13-3, San Francisco 11-5, Seattle 8-8, Arizona 3-13 (if they're lucky);)

Hey Sage, your Hawks overpaid for Chike Okeafor. He was real shitty against the run and he's very inconsistent, plus you guys lost Chad Eaton for the year, that'll hurt more than most people expect. Just 'cause Hasselbeck played good towards the end of the year doesn't mean he can suddenly be a great QB like ESPN thinks.

If the 49ers just had a good CB than they could go toe to toe w/the best of them. My Super Bowl pick is St. Louis 30, Miami 20.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I think Miami has a shot too. W/ Fiedler back now, and Williams, and now Seau, plus the other core of LB's, they've definately got a lot to work w/.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, I think Miami has a shot too. W/ Fiedler back now, and Williams, and now Seau, plus the other core of LB's, they've definately got a lot to work w/.
*cough*choke*cough*

:D :D

N

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
Screw the Dolphins, and really screw the Jets. (=

Go Patriots & the Raiders. I would be pumped if either one of them went all the way this year. The Raiders were so embarassing in the Super Bowl last year.

Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog

Obese Member
Awards
  • Established
RAIDERS

Live and die by them. Unfortunately I believe there will be more dying than living this year. Too may vets looking foreword to enjoying a fat retirement.

D

db682

Awards
  • Established
Screw the Dolphins,
Pursuit your a funny guy. Patriots and Raiders. Now thats something funny. You could combine both together this year and still not have one decent team. You might as well be picking Cincinnati Bengals to go all the way with a mindset like that.
Oct. 19th (Home) and Dec. 7 (@ New England). Patriots to lose by ALOT both games.

Miami runs things!:D

db

N

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by db682

Pursuit your a funny guy. Patriots and Raiders. Now thats something funny. You could combine both together this year and still not have one decent team. You might as well be picking Cincinnati Bengals to go all the way with a mindset like that.
Oct. 19th (Home) and Dec. 7 (@ New England). Patriots to lose by ALOT both games.

Miami runs things!:D

db
LOL I didn't say they were going to win.  I just said I want them to win and being a Pats fan I can't stand the Dolphins.  I still guarantee that they lose to the Pats in Dec @ Gilette stadium.  The wittle Dolphins can't handle the cold.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
or pressure :D

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established

No way bro, not over my 49ers. It's gonna be St. Louis 13-3, San Francisco 11-5, Seattle 8-8, Arizona 3-13 (if they're lucky);)

Hey Sage, your Hawks overpaid for Chike Okeafor. He was real shitty against the run and he's very inconsistent, plus you guys lost Chad Eaton for the year, that'll hurt more than most people expect. Just 'cause Hasselbeck played good towards the end of the year doesn't mean he can suddenly be a great QB like ESPN thinks.

\
IW, your prediction would be respectable if it wasnt for the fact it wont ever happen :D (kidding)
Because the NFC West plays such a weak schedule, i wouldnt be suprised if "3" teams came out and made the playoffs from this division. As long as teams like atlanta, greenbay, new orleans dont get in the way...... Both wildcards coming out of one league??? possible. I like your niners.....just not as much as i like the hawks. And ya, we lost couple of key players to injuries (eaton, springs)
Sage

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Do you guys think that Dallas will ever get it together again? That friggin salary cap killed them, which I'm glad. ;) Can't stand the Jones either, what a #$@!@#$

So, heres Sunday's schedule, whose your picks?

Arizona at Detroit, 1:00 pm
Baltimore at Pittsburgh, 1:00 pm
Denver at Cincinnati, 1:00 pm
Houston at Miami, 1:00 pm
Indianapolis at Cleveland, 1:00 pm
Jacksonville at Carolina, 1:00 pm
Minnesota at Green Bay, 1:00 pm
New England at Buffalo, 1:00 pm
San Diego at Kansas City, 1:00 pm
St. Louis at N.Y. Giants, 1:00 pm
Atlanta at Dallas, 4:15 pm
Chicago at San Francisco, 4:15 pm
New Orleans at Seattle, 4:15 pm
Oakland at Tennessee, 8:30 pm

Monday's game
Tampa Bay at Philadelphia, 9:00 pm

I'm gonna go w/--
Detroit, Pitt, Den., Miami, Ind., jax, GB, NE, KC, NY, ATL, SANfran, NO, Ten.
and Phili for monday.

destro19

destro19

Awards
Winners
Arizona
Denver
Miami
Cleveland
Jacksonville
Minnesota
Buffalo
San Diego
St. Louis
Dallas
Chicago
Seattle
Tennessee
and Baltimore by 10

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
Do you guys think that Dallas will ever get it together again? That friggin salary cap killed them, which I'm glad. ;) Can't stand the Jones either, what a #$@!@#$

So, heres Sunday's schedule, whose your picks?

Arizona at Detroit, 1:00 pm
Baltimore at Pittsburgh, 1:00 pm
Denver at Cincinnati, 1:00 pm
Houston at Miami, 1:00 pm
Indianapolis at Cleveland, 1:00 pm
Jacksonville at Carolina, 1:00 pm
Minnesota at Green Bay, 1:00 pm
New England at Buffalo, 1:00 pm
San Diego at Kansas City, 1:00 pm
St. Louis at N.Y. Giants, 1:00 pm
Atlanta at Dallas, 4:15 pm
Chicago at San Francisco, 4:15 pm
New Orleans at Seattle, 4:15 pm
Oakland at Tennessee, 8:30 pm

Monday's game
Tampa Bay at Philadelphia, 9:00 pm

And ya, i think dallas be contenders in 2 years. Parcells is a good fit there..... Hutchinson is ass but i thought he was a better fit for that offense than carter for this year. No doubt, both will get PT to prove who's worse ;) Prediction: 6-10
Sage

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Oh the haters, the haters!!

And ya, i think dallas be contenders in 2 years. Parcells is a good fit there..... Hutchinson is ass but i thought he was a better fit for that offense than carter for this year. No doubt, both will get PT to prove who's worse ;) Prediction: 6-10
Sage

Sage, I think Dallas shoula picked up Kordell man. They could of really used him. Instead the Bears did, I wanna make sure I check that game out cuz I wanna see how he does. BUMP on Parcells, he's a beast. literally!

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Here's my week one picks. DOn't get excited now you gambling junkies:D
Detroit 20 Arizona 17
Pittsburgh 26 Baltimore 14 (Baltimore better pray Boller is the real deal)
Denver 38 Cincinnati 19 (Jake Plummer will look like a steal for this week because he's facing the Bengals, than back to reality next week)
Miami 37 Houston 10 ( Miami's good in September & Houston really needs an O-line)
Indianapolis 41 Cleveland 30 (most entertaining game of the day)
Jacksonville 24 Carolina 12 (J'ville can be the surprise team of the year)
Green Bay 27 Minnesota 20
Buffalo 26 New England 23 in overtime (Lawyer Milloy's revenge)
San Diego 31 Kansas City 20 (Boston and Tomlinson are too good for K.C.'s defense)
St. Louis 28 Giants 20 (The Rams are back)
Atlanta 13 Dallas 7 (Boring game, but Dallas has nothing to score with)
San Francisco 31 Chicago 21 (Dennis Erickson will unleash T.O.)
New Orleans 27 Seattle 23 (Sorry Sage, they won't stop Deuce & Aaron Brooks)
Oakland 35 Tennessee 23 (Don't let their age and the preseason fool you)
Tampa Bay 19 Philadelphia 14

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
BABOOOOOOM!!!!!! 34 - 15 F

My main man Plex..... Can you say a$$ reeming? :D

T

tatortodd

Awards
  • Established
The Lions won!! I haven't been able to say that very often over the past few seasons.

~Todd

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Heh yeah, there were some other upsets today to. Bills shutout NE!!, Minn beat GB!!, was watching the Oak./Tenn. game, but for some damn reason my cable shut off.:mad:

destro19

destro19

Awards
Winners
Arizona
Denver
Miami
Cleveland
Jacksonville
Minnesota
Buffalo
San Diego
St. Louis
Dallas
Chicago
Seattle
Tennessee
and Baltimore by 10
damn 5 for 14!!!!! and my ravens were murderd. they will still take the AFC north.

C

csakiges

Awards
:D How about them Steelers?? We take a shot in the arse and still come out on top!!!! Next week will be a good test for the Steelers playing in Kansas City. See what they can do against a team that can actually move the football. I have no doubts about their offense anymore, I am still shaky on their secondary though.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
:D How about them Steelers?? We take a shot in the arse and still come out on top!!!! Next week will be a good test for the Steelers playing in Kansas City. See what they can do against a team that can actually move the football. I have no doubts about their offense anymore, I am still shaky on their secondary though.
No doubt dude, totally agree. KC will have us on our toes, the real test comes. Scott and Washington boy, I dunno about them, why not try Palamalu out in SS? I think Washington is better than Scott though.

csakiges, what part of NE Ohio are you from, I'm probably really close to you bro.

S

spike1205

Awards
Heh yeah, there were some other upsets today to. Bills shutout NE!!, Minn beat GB!!, was watching the Oak./Tenn. game, but for some damn reason my cable shut off.:mad:
bills/Pats is no upset--the bills are legit--superbowl bound in buffalo

(and just before the comments roll in--i said bound not won)

the pats aint sh*t--miami lost to houston and vinny testaverde is a ruined old man--the billls have the lock in the east

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Miami who?

C

csakiges

Awards
Do you ever shoot across the boarder and head to Mountaineer? I love that place. I have been there about a half dozen times or so. I know exactly where you are at. I used to play baseball in East Liverpool Ohio all the time when I was on a local traveling team.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Damm that parity, I was 7-7 on my picks. Gotta say I was impressed w/my 49ers even though it was the Bears they spanked. If their defense plays like they did this week they'll be a threat. WHAT"S UP W/MIAMI, can't believe they got beat by the Texans, Wannstedt and Fiedler's jobs aren't too secure IMO, time to bring in Griese. Fiedler has been very overrated IMO, Miami wins because of it's defense not Jay Fiedler.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Do you ever shoot across the boarder and head to Mountaineer? I love that place. I have been there about a half dozen times or so. I know exactly where you are at. I used to play baseball in East Liverpool Ohio all the time when I was on a local traveling team.
Yeah, I've been wanting to go there but haven't had the chance just yet. I know a dude that won $5000 there one time. He was a lush though, so you know where it went.

Yeah, the liverpool courts, I gotcha.

destro19

destro19

Awards
the ravens didnt run enough. But, former raven, priest will run ALL OVER SHITZBURG. :D

L

labrad

Awards
  • Established
I have to crow about my Houston Texans, because it is probably my last chance. If only we played the Cowboys this year. LMAO.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Man Philly looks almost intimidated by Tampa Bay. They let the Bucs close out their stadium w/ an ass-whupping in the NFC title game, than they beat 'em up again to open their new stadium in a revenge game on Monday night, wow!

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah but Miami evened it out by choking once again. I expected Philly to lose this week. THe opening of the new stadium, their D-line is decimated and Duce still looks slow as hell. They did exactly what they did last year when they lost, they tried to pass and forgot the run. THe 4 games in a row they beat Tampa is because they ran against the same exact defense. It they don't run, they don't win. Mcnabb looked horrible even when he was able to pass. All in all one big cluster **** of a game.

Not to mention they exploited Lito Sheppard to death since Taylor got hurt. Once Taylor got hurt, it was all down hill. Backups on D-lin an a backup on the corner spells disaster.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Very true Bobo. I thought Philly should have done whatever it took to re-sign Hugh Douglas. He's an elite DE, and brought some toughness and attitude to Philly's defense in the past. Can't expect a rookie to fill his shoes either

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
They have zero depth there now with Burgess and Mcdougal out. 2 potential DE ends that could at least make an impact, gone. Kalu is basically a pass rusher and is undersized and if you can't keep pressure on the QB from the linemen, Johnson will pick you apart. THe only pressure they got on him was from the blitz. Once Taylor got hurt it was just a matter of time. The Tampa offense was stagnant throught 3 quarters and once fatigue and injuries set it, it was over. Sheppard was exploted and BAM, two touchdown passes.

I'm not sure Douglass would of helped. The reports are since he injured his knees they are chroncally bad now and thats why several teams passed him up with free agency. Nobody expected him to go to Jacksonville. Plus he did absolutely nothing the last 6 games of the year. His locker room presence is huge but now even close for the amount of money he wanted. I think if they didn't get injured it wouldn't be that much of a factor. THey did well for the first 3 quarters then the tank went empty.

D

db682

Awards
  • Established
Lets not discuss the Miami game. :mad:
I lost alot of money on that game and also a couple chances to win alot of money in suicide pools that I played. I thought they had that game by far. What a shammmm. They better prove do something in the next game before I jump ship.

You got to admit though. Last nights game was a defense game all the way. Tampa and philly both played some tough D I thought for the most part. Just the second half Philly lost it or Tampa found it.

db

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Maybe its just the law of averages finally imposing its will. Philly had their number for so long but its balancing out at the wriong times for us Eagle fans. We're used to it... :D

THere's a reason we had a court in our stadium...

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
THere's a reason we had a court in our stadium...
LMFAO, very true. Philly fans are probably the only ones who can make a whore blush :D . Philly fans just have to stop booing their superstars adn start supporting them (i.e. McNabb, Mike Schmidt etc.)

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you screw up, we don't care who you are. :D