Official NFL Football Thread - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

Official NFL Football Thread

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
  1. New Member

I have to crow about my Houston Texans, because it is probably my last chance. If only we played the Cowboys this year. LMAO.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.

Man Philly looks almost intimidated by Tampa Bay. They let the Bucs close out their stadium w/ an ass-whupping in the NFC title game, than they beat 'em up again to open their new stadium in a revenge game on Monday night, wow!
  3. Advanced Member

Yep!
    •   

4. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Yeah but Miami evened it out by choking once again. I expected Philly to lose this week. THe opening of the new stadium, their D-line is decimated and Duce still looks slow as hell. They did exactly what they did last year when they lost, they tried to pass and forgot the run. THe 4 games in a row they beat Tampa is because they ran against the same exact defense. It they don't run, they don't win. Mcnabb looked horrible even when he was able to pass. All in all one big cluster **** of a game.

Not to mention they exploited Lito Sheppard to death since Taylor got hurt. Once Taylor got hurt, it was all down hill. Backups on D-lin an a backup on the corner spells disaster.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.

Very true Bobo. I thought Philly should have done whatever it took to re-sign Hugh Douglas. He's an elite DE, and brought some toughness and attitude to Philly's defense in the past. Can't expect a rookie to fill his shoes either
  6. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

They have zero depth there now with Burgess and Mcdougal out. 2 potential DE ends that could at least make an impact, gone. Kalu is basically a pass rusher and is undersized and if you can't keep pressure on the QB from the linemen, Johnson will pick you apart. THe only pressure they got on him was from the blitz. Once Taylor got hurt it was just a matter of time. The Tampa offense was stagnant throught 3 quarters and once fatigue and injuries set it, it was over. Sheppard was exploted and BAM, two touchdown passes.

I'm not sure Douglass would of helped. The reports are since he injured his knees they are chroncally bad now and thats why several teams passed him up with free agency. Nobody expected him to go to Jacksonville. Plus he did absolutely nothing the last 6 games of the year. His locker room presence is huge but now even close for the amount of money he wanted. I think if they didn't get injured it wouldn't be that much of a factor. THey did well for the first 3 quarters then the tank went empty.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  7. Advanced Member

Lets not discuss the Miami game.
    I lost alot of money on that game and also a couple chances to win alot of money in suicide pools that I played. I thought they had that game by far. What a shammmm. They better prove do something in the next game before I jump ship.

You got to admit though. Last nights game was a defense game all the way. Tampa and philly both played some tough D I thought for the most part. Just the second half Philly lost it or Tampa found it.

db
  8. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Maybe its just the law of averages finally imposing its will. Philly had their number for so long but its balancing out at the wriong times for us Eagle fans. We're used to it...

THere's a reason we had a court in our stadium...
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.

Originally posted by Bobo
    THere's a reason we had a court in our stadium...
    LMFAO, very true. Philly fans are probably the only ones who can make a whore blush . Philly fans just have to stop booing their superstars adn start supporting them (i.e. McNabb, Mike Schmidt etc.)
  10. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

If you screw up, we don't care who you are.
  11. Senior Member

Hey, did you guys happen to catch Stallone right before the game? Damn, that dude still looks like he's juicing. I mean the vascularity in his arms is a give away by itself.
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.

****in 49ers ruined my day. They had so many chances to win. Why the hell did they wait until the 4th quarter to throw to T.O. They should have won handily, they just lack a killer instinct and that worries me. BTW, Cedric Wilson WHAT THE HELL was he thinking on that last play of regulation. That's a football version of Bill Buckner's error against the Mets.
  13. Senior Member

Fu***in' Steelers. wtf, now Ima be in a badmood the rest of the week, god**mnit..........
  14. Advanced Member

Well, I'm in a great mood. Jake Plummer, 3 TD's first half. Clinton Portis, 129 yds on 12 carries first half. Denver winning 37-13 in 4th quarter.
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.

Did you guys also see Jamal Lewis rush for 295 yards to break Dillon's record. What's most amazing is he called it against their ***** the Browns
  16. New Member

Originally posted by Iron Warrior
    Did you guys also see Jamal Lewis rush for 295 yards to break Dillon's record. What's most amazing is he called it against their ***** the Browns
    Bwahahahahaha. I told you so. Coach must have seen this thread And I was right about Priest too. Ravens Stopmped the ****z. Bwahahahahahahahahaha
  17. New Member

Originally posted by destro19

Bwahahahahaha. I told you so. Coach must have seen this thread And I was right about Priest too. Ravens Stopmped the ****z. Bwahahahahahahahahaha
    Damn you!! You did call it though. The sun shines on a dog's arse every once in a while. LOL!!!!!!!!!

Jergo, I didn't see the game but was trying to listen to it, KC exploded in the 2nd quarter. I was also close to your hood, I went to Mountaineer park on Sat. night with my girlfriend.
  18. New Member

Originally posted by Iron Warrior
    I am sure we will be getting something from that game. Hopefully his entire jersey. We have Dllions from when he rushed for 278 against the Broncos, eclipsing Payton's mark.
  19. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Funny thing is in fantsy football I traded Favre for Lewis last Thursday. I feel good.

And yes typically Favre for Lewis is crazy but the commish set the league so thats its so damn RB friendly.
  20. Senior Member

Lewis rushed for mad yardage yes. But against the Browns? C'mon now, I could rush for a 100 against the Browns. I don't think Lewis is all that great. Thats like saying Muhhamed Ali knocked out Vargas and he called it. (Told you that I'd be in a bad mood all week

Yeah, KC had us beat after the half. If it wasn't for our secondary, and lots of missed tackles, along with receivers dropping the ball, we would have had more leighway. I don't think any other AFC team could have done as much besides a few others. We need to reiterate our running game. It's ****in greek to me why they just totally ditched it in the first place.

csakgies, thats cool bro, WDVE FM always has the game on. It's channel 102.5 on your FM dial. How did you do at Mountaineer?
  21. New Member

Originally posted by Jergo
    Lewis rushed for mad yardage yes. But against the Browns? C'mon now, I could rush for a 100 against the Browns. I don't think Lewis is all that great. Thats like saying Muhhamed Ali knocked out Vargas and he called it. (Told you that I'd be in a bad mood all week

Yeah, KC had us beat after the half. If it wasn't for our secondary, and lots of missed tackles, along with receivers dropping the ball, we would have had more leighway. I don't think any other AFC team could have done as much besides a few others. We need to reiterate our running game. It's ****in greek to me why they just totally ditched it in the first place.

csakgies, thats cool bro, WDVE FM always has the game on. It's channel 102.5 on your FM dial. How did you do at Mountaineer?
    I actually broke even. I was down and then hit big and was up. I would usually keep going and lose it all and more but I quit, walked to the bar and bought my girl and i a drink and just talked for the rest of the night. So I actually paid for the whole night with my winnings which was very nice.
  22. New Member

My fantasy football opponent had Jamal Lewis. In other words, the only chance I have of winning this week is if Tiki Barber rushes for like 200+ yards and 4 touchdowns. Last week, the Cowboys were the #1 rush defense in the NFL so I'm not exactly holding my breath.

~Todd
  23. New Member

He could have ran on the Steelers but I think Billick was scarred to commit to the run. The second game will be different.
  24. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Every year that Lewis is healthy, he's over 1000 yeards. He's pretty damn good but doesn't get exposure because he's in Baltimore. And in my league, every 5 yards is 1 point. So you NEED an every down RB.
  25. New Member

Every year that Lewis is healthy, he's over 1000 yeards. He's pretty damn good but doesn't get exposure because he's in Baltimore. And in my league, every 5 yards is 1 point. So you NEED an every down RB.
    Oh my god. What are the scores each week? 600 to 550?

I don't get shat until my back gets over 50 yards.
  26. Senior Member

Lewis had 15 rushing attempts for 69 yards. Yeah, he could've ran more, but you guys can't say he didn't run much. Pitt. will shut him down again. We are still at a standstill in trying to fully figure out which way we want to go. There are a lot of things that are going to be changed and so-on. And with Mularkey as our offensive coordinator there are A LOT of different things that can be done.

Our running game will be back soon, so only time will tell. Pitt. will win the AFC North with their hands in their pockets. No doubt we will make playoffs again, but we just have to get to the AFC champ game again. I know, I'm shameless.

Csakgies, Its always harder to stay and try to win with a female being there isn't it? LOL When I go to gamble, its me and my bros, thats it!!, Heh. But, its always nice to break even and still have fun, no doubt.
  27. New Member

Any running back who gets the bulk of his team's carries can fall out of bed and get 1,000 yards.
  28. New Member

Csakgies, Its always harder to stay and try to win with a female being there isn't it? LOL When I go to gamble, its me and my bros, thats it!!, Heh. But, its always nice to break even and still have fun, no doubt.
    Yes it is. But it was a good thing, maybe next time I am winning and I am out with the boys, I can just walk away like I did this time....yeah right

It was nice though, cause her and I danced and just sat at the bar and watched the band play.
  29. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Originally posted by Ibench800

Any running back who gets the bulk of his team's carries can fall out of bed and get 1,000 yards.
    There were only 9 backs that went over 1300 last year. Lewis was one of them. He's pretty damn good.
  30. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Originally posted by Ibench800

Oh my god. What are the scores each week? 600 to 550?

I don't get shat until my back gets over 50 yards.
    Usually between 175 and 275.

Lewis had 71 points last week
  31. New Member

Last one.
  32. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Sweet pics.
  33. Senior Member

csakgies, where are you at in those pics? Thats some sweet $hit bro. I can dig some sports memorabilia. I used to have all kinds of it, Then I ended up having to sell it all, cuz I got in some trouble w/ some lenders if you know what I mean.

Where you work at bro? I can't ****ing wait till I get out of godamn college. I'm almost done w/ an associates, but I'm not sure I wanna do exactly what it is, so I'm gonna transfer next spring. That means even more waiting around...............its driving me crazy.
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.

Originally posted by csakiges
    I work for the Pro Football Hall of Fame
    Wow that's awesome. Wish I had a job at the Hall of Fame. It wouldn't even be a job for me, it would be almost like fun working there.
  35. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.

Damm Niners, they had the Browns dominated 12-0 with 8 minutes and they somehow snatch defeat from the jaws of victory . I don't know if you guys saw the game but Jim Mora (Def. Coordinator) had Kelly Holcomb rattled with various blitz packages and then starts playing a soft cover 2 out of the blue. Sucks to be 1-2.
  36. Far Beyond Driven

I'm right there with you. My Packers ****ing suck! lol They should bag the season to draft Phillip Rivers.

Ryan
  37. Advanced Member

You all can always jump on the Denver Broncos bandwagon. 19-0 Babyyyyyyy!!!!
  38. New Member

Watch out ****zburge. All you did was wake a sleeping giant. GO BIRDS.
  39. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.

Originally posted by Sir Foxx
    You all can always jump on the Denver Broncos bandwagon. 19-0 Babyyyyyyy!!!!
    Not with that interception machine at QB Remeber Oakland spanked you guys last year on MNF after having struggled for a few games, but Denver has a damm good team none the less. They should easily make the play Offs.

BTW Destro, your Ravens are pretty damm good except for their QB. Boller is not worthy of a first round pick bro. I saw him at Cal and he only improved in the new coach's system for one year. I guess scouts still fall for QB's who have cannons and mad strength. This reminds me of how the 49ers ****ed up when they drafted Jim Druckenmiller in the first round and they thought he'd be Steve Young's successor because Druckenmiller and Boller had a lot in common
  40. Senior Member

What was that? Oh yeah, just another win tacked on to our record. Poetown? Oh, c'mon they need a lot more than "hopefull participators." It's cool, it makes it more of a *****ry eventhough we beat you guys every time.

Similar Forum Threads

1. The Official Product Request Thread
    By stryder in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 4028
    Last Post: 08-18-2014, 05:52 PM
  2. The Official Chewing Tobacco thread
    By Taylor's Pride in forum General Chat
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 02-21-2009, 10:50 AM
  3. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-24-2008, 06:07 PM
  4. Official Member Acknowlegment Thread ! ! ! !
    By Zombie in forum General Chat
    Replies: 113
    Last Post: 12-29-2006, 06:17 PM
  5. Official College Football Thread
    By jweave23 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 163
    Last Post: 01-08-2004, 04:45 PM