Recovering a Deleted File on a PC

supersoldier

supersoldier

She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
Awards
  • Established
Does anybody know if this is possible? I deleted a file on Jan. 3 that I could use now...

I tried a system restore to that date and it worked but the file is not there. Anything else I could try or am I assed out?

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Does anybody know if this is possible? I deleted a file on Jan. 3 that I could use now...

I tried a system restore to that date and it worked but the file is not there. Anything else I could try or am I assed out?
Unless it is in the recycle bin, you are pretty much screwed. Its been to long for the most part. You CAN try like get data back, but most likely wont work since its probably been overwritten a few times.

Adams

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Yes, you can. When you delete materials, it just frees up memory to be over ridden. The actual material is not gone until it is full capacity and its storage is needed.

Take your computer to Best Buy and tell them to get the stuff back. I'm sure they will do it.

Zombie

Zombie

Awards
  • Established
its possible, whats the extention of the file ?

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes, you can. When you delete materials, it just frees up memory to be over ridden. The actual material is not gone until it is full capacity and its storage is needed.

Take your computer to Best Buy and tell them to get the stuff back. I'm sure they will do it.
Your computer doesnt use that space last, it works the HD in a contiguous manner. so first cluster available is the first one used. If it has been that long, the cluster most likely has been overwritten by now. Especially if windows has chosen that spot since for some page file space.

Like I said, try getdataback that low level scans your hard drive and builds a file structure from data actually on the drive, not from looking at your Master File Table. If that doesnt work, there really isnt anything Geek Squad can do for you except take some of your cash.

Adams

Cordeen

Awards
  • Established
Just do general google search and download a "file recover" application...

Zombie

Zombie

Awards
  • Established
if yopur hd is not password protected(if its password protected then remove the password) then hook it up as slave in another pc you can get a file recovery software like RecoverMyFiles , BadCopy or other program that has been mentioned before and scan the HD for those files, i recall that in RecoverMyfiles you can search for expesifict extentions, i have used it with great success

tattoopierced1

look up something called "Hirens Boot CD" It has a host of things that can recover deleted files.

LiftNDestroy

LiftNDestroy

Awards
  • Established
If you were running a mac you could easily run time machine and get it back in seconds. Otherwise good luck to you sir!