military and supplements

A

adidaspro

Awards
does anyone happen to know how it works or where i can find guidance on the military and weight lifting supplements?....I mean if it's sold over the counter does that make it good to go? thanks...

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You wanna research this a bit. Try Google. I'm sure there are some AM members who've served, or are currently serving, who could chime in on this. There are legal supplements that you could use right now, which the military would frown upon you using. But I'll leave it up to the soldiers and veterans to fill you in more.

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
I did the armed forces show back in like 1995 but we all we had back then was creatine. From what I understand today as long as you are not using gear you will be fine

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You are talking about being active duty?

I was in for 5 years, and honesty they have better things to worry about. The sheer expense of testing for gear (or similar) is mind boggling...so unless you are being stupid and shooting your mouth off/not being careful you should be fine.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
dsade is mostly right here. having been ex military, they will not test for gear, unless they suspect you are on gear. that means if you are in the marines, don't try setting a camp record for pull ups, if you are in the army, don't try 120+ push ups in 2 minutes, etc. don't give them a reason to test for it. if you hold a TOP SECRET clearance, take no chances with PH's - if there's a chance your judgement is less than ideal, they'll yank the clearance quicker than heck. if you hold a secret clearance or no clearance, don't worry about it. so long as you can buy it legally there's no problem with what it converts into - just make sure you got the bottle handy if they do specifically test for it. I would go to your EOC representative, and tell him your concerns just to be safe - regulations always change with the times.

I

Insidious1

Awards
  • Established
dsade is mostly right here. having been ex military, they will not test for gear, unless they suspect you are on gear. that means if you are in the marines, don't try setting a camp record for pull ups, if you are in the army, don't try 120+ push ups in 2 minutes, etc. don't give them a reason to test for it. if you hold a TOP SECRET clearance, take no chances with PH's - if there's a chance your judgement is less than ideal, they'll yank the clearance quicker than heck. if you hold a secret clearance or no clearance, don't worry about it. so long as you can buy it legally there's no problem with what it converts into - just make sure you got the bottle handy if they do specifically test for it. I would go to your EOC representative, and tell him your concerns just to be safe - regulations always change with the times.
GREAT advice!!! I would like to annotate something though.... Having military experience myself, i will agree with the fact that they wont test until they legitimately suspect it! As he mentioned, it DOES cost a considerable amount of money and they wont just do it for the heck of it!

**BUT when/if they test for "gear"... they arent actually testing for the actual chemical substance you are on. They are taking a test to determine your Testosterone levels based on your age. If you are a certain percentage ABOVE what you should be naturally... then you essentially fail the test. MANY of the stronger prohormones now days WILL cause you to fail that test! The key is to NOT get tested for it! Even if you buy a superdrol/havoc type clone or compound.... when and if it is strong enough to cause shutdown, i would say you are pushing the limits to what you would pass when/if tested!

So be careful! Also... certain branches are more likely to test than others.... If you want to PM me... i'll kinda give you an idea of what i mean by that...

Good luck and be smart...

W

wrkn4bigrmusles

Awards
  • Established
if you google you can find out information on the armys drug testing program and a list of what they'll test for. if the unit wants to spend there funds on the test. most people who get caught usually leave evidence lying around or they go from skinny to HUGE in one month. i'm deployed right now and even though we're fighting for our lives, they are still finding time to question people on there supplement use.

SFRANGER

SFRANGER

Awards
They do a basic test for opiates, amphetamines, cocaine, marijuana. You are fine on everything that is sold legally right now - I would be careful what stimulant I used though. I say that because I was told by a lab geek that does some of the screening that if you had taken over 100mg of ephedra within something like 4-6 hours of a urinalysis that it would appear that you were on methampetamines. I don't know how much truth that has to it - and if you're in the armed forces you aren't 'supposed' to be taking hormones or ephedra - DoD edicts. And again, as a previous poster said, if you have, or are trying to get a TS, don't F* with anything that is considered a gray area (hormones/ephedra) because it doesn't take anything for them to take a TS from you.

A

adidaspro

Awards
well I understand the whole testing thing because in the four years i've been in i've only seen two people tested for their test. levels and that was because they were directly accused of it, but what I'm interested in is finding out if it's legal to use something simple....novadex xt by gaspari nutrition to be exact....thanks for the responses

A

adidaspro

Awards
if you google you can find out information on the armys drug testing program and a list of what they'll test for. if the unit wants to spend there funds on the test. most people who get caught usually leave evidence lying around or they go from skinny to HUGE in one month. i'm deployed right now and even though we're fighting for our lives, they are still finding time to question people on there supplement use.
gotta love that right! we have names for people like that maybe you've heard of it..."BOB" ...back office *****es...bastards with nothing else to do except hate on the guys who are doing the real fighting!

SFRANGER

SFRANGER

Awards
You will be straight with Novedex.
Just keep your mouth shut about anything you are taking, anything that seems 'different' will raise some morons suspicions. Especially if you look good with your top off. I've had several guys in my unit approach me and ask if I'm "on something", but these guys don't work out and don't understand how to grow period, so they assume that if someone is growing...it must be a magic pill. I like to reply with "Yea, I'm on 'the gym' 5 days a week, all year round."

avgBdybldr

avgBdybldr

Awards
  • Established
being in the USAF, and holding a Top Secret Clearance, i have been informed, as of last year, that if it's sold at GNC or at your BX/PX, then you are good to go. And GNC sells Novadex XT and they have started carrying L.G. Sciences again (PH).