What is this BS?

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I get spam like this sometimes. I just delete it. It's a waste of my time.

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Well I do have an open mind, so I did check it out. Most of the stuff he says makes sense, but he does look like a seedy salesman.
I have an open mind, too, but not for junk mail. I doubt that's even the guy selling the product. I'm sure that it's just a group of people sitting by phones and computers, waiting for people to call, so they can con them into whatever scam they're running and make some cash.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have an open mind, too, but not for junk mail. I doubt that's even the guy selling the product. I'm sure that it's just a group of people sitting by phones and computers, waiting for people to call, so they can con them into whatever scam they're running and make some cash.
Yeah your right, I'm just bored. I should be studying right now, but I get sick of that and what I am studying makes me fall asleep. I'm really just being a sick bum today.

MashedPotato

MashedPotato

Awards
  • Established
Heres a sample of my bulk/spam folder:

Pleasure all women with the size of your instrument.

Be happy with manpower candy!

12 inches in 3 minutes.

Get bigger underwear now!

Dear Mr or Mrs,

My name is Samual Mamboa and I am writing to you from London England. Recently a very very wealthy stock owner died leaving behind 1,000,000 shares of Nutraplanet stock behind with no family to inherit them. I need someone to look after these shares ......

(ok so I may have edited the last one:p)

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Heres a sample of my bulk/spam folder:

Pleasure all women with the size of your instrument.

Be happy with manpower candy!

12 inches in 3 minutes.

Get bigger underwear now!

Dear Mr or Mrs,

My name is Samual Mamboa and I am writing to you from London England. Recently a very very wealthy stock owner died leaving behind 1,000,000 shares of Nutraplanet stock behind with no family to inherit them. I need someone to look after these shares ......

(ok so I may have edited the last one:p)
I get the exact same thing!

machine528

machine528

Awards
  • Established
Speaking of spam i just got one saying my chase credit card had been used without my authorization. I clicked on the " chase" website in the email and it took me to a very official looking chase web page. It told me to enter my information to access my acount this info included name, address, mothers maiden name, social security number and my chase credit card number with the security code. I got pissed of because i did not want to go through this process and called chase. They informed me that the site is not their site and it was set up by hackers, the operator also told me several thousand chase users have been victims of id theft because of this very scam. Just giving a heads up.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Speaking of spam i just got one saying my chase credit card had been used without my authorization. I clicked on the " chase" website in the email and it took me to a very official looking chase web page. It told me to enter my information to access my acount this info included name, address, mothers maiden name, social security number and my chase credit card number with the security code. I got pissed of because i did not want to go through this process and called chase. They informed me that the site is not their site and it was set up by hackers, the operator also told me several thousand chase users have been victims of id theft because of this very scam. Just giving a heads up.
Yeah NEVER respond to those. That is what is known as PHISHING. Its done all the time with every kind of site you can think of. You may be able to spot the scam by finding mis-spellings on the website linked. You did the right thing by calling though.